Hacking New shell, now the bottom screen just flashes and then then shuts off

person66

If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So, I decided to try to replace my ds lite shell, and now I think i broke my DS lite :(
When I try to turn it on, the green power light comes on, followed by the bottom screen for half a second, and then everything shuts off. The top screen never comes on. Would this be a signal the top screen may be the problem?
All the ribbon cables seem to be connected, here are pics:

QyzxW.jpg
VA5B5.jpg
0CprP.jpg

I did remove the touch screen during the process, so I guess any of those connections could be the culprit, or maybe its something else. The tiny ribbon cable on the back seems to come loose very easily too, not sure if that is normal.

Anyway, any help or suggestions would be appreciated. I only paid $20 for the DS lite, so it's not that big of a deal if it is unfixable, but it would be nice if I could get it to work :).

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Often times any cable or wire being slightly loose might cause a problem.
Go through and make sure everything is fit very snog. When I was working on my DS, I left the wifi cable too loose and didn't notice it till I got it back together.
Once I press down on it and made sure all the connections were tightened, the DS worked perfectly.

person66

If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Nope, checkd both the wifi and the mic, same problem. Thanks for the suggestion though.

jurai

Trophies
XP
Country
Both screens flash white if a bad connection is detected, the fact the top one is not suggests that it is not properly connected. The connector for the touch screen will NOT cause a failure at boot, you just wont be able to put any touch input in, I have a DS which currently has a broken touch sensor

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended