Hacking New run of Acekard 2.1's?

Dack

Trophies
XP
Country
Quick update - although the cards themselves are good the included card-readers are utter cack. Of the 5 I've tried, two are faulty. One is not recognised as a device by the computer, the second refuses to see any inserted card.

Angry_Games

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.angrygames.com
XP
Country
United States
Dack said:
Quick update - although the cards themselves are good the included card-readers are utter cack. Of the 5 I've tried, two are faulty. One is not recognised as a device by the computer, the second refuses to see any inserted card.
I can agree with this. The one included with my 2.1 works about 50% of the time in about 50% of the computers/laptops I've plugged it into =(

when I use a normal SD adapter plugged into media slot, of course everything works...but the usb reader adapter that came with the acekard stinks (for me anyway)

ShaneC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got one on the way from FocalPrice. I'll let you know what it is when it gets here, along with how long their shipping takes, etc.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
aphirst said:
Another World said:
@aphirst: so you can confirm that the ak2 green pcb (fixed for the fat issue) are shipping in the new shell without the spring?

ak will not give me an official answer.

-another world

I certainly can. Green PCB, new shell, no spring.
yaynds.gif
The only thing that sucked was the straightness of the shiny sticker (I removed it because the irregularity bugged me - it looks swish as a naked cart though
rolleyes.gif
)

now that you have the sticker off, do you see the chip at all? or was that another thing they "fixed" when adding the ak2 into the new shell.

whats odd is that i just received a replacement 2.1 from acekard today and it has a green pcb but i know its not a fixed ak2 because its in the old shell and does not have the chip sticking out. it appears the black pcb is also in dark forest green variant.

-another world

TheLifeRuiner

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xeorm said:
Hey guys, my Acekard2 just shipped from DX. I guess I got the last one.

I also ordered mine when the ETA was Jan 9th - I placed my order on the 5th. When did you place your order? I'm still at "Waiting for Supplier"

xeorm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TheLifeRuiner said:
xeorm said:
Hey guys, my Acekard2 just shipped from DX. I guess I got the last one.

I also ordered mine when the ETA was Jan 9th - I placed my order on the 5th. When did you place your order? I'm still at "Waiting for Supplier"

Sorry, it was a false alarm. They divided the shipments into 2 and now it's at waiting for supplier again.
hate2.gif

jesterscourt

Not Brad.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so my Guitar Hero grips are already here, for some reason require a signature (? multiple orders before from DX never had to sign...) anyhow, I need to go to the PO tomorrow to pick them up. I went to look up my order on DX's site, and it's says "ready" in blue, not shipped in green like the grips, as I said, I ordered them both 12/25 within an hour of each other... I would assume they are going to process the orders FIFO, but the site still shows they are out of stock of the AK (presumably with the new PCBs coming in)

Chaykin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I got today 10 Acekards that I ordered on 27/12/2008. All of them are blue PCB with the case glued without the spring. They are much sturdier then my AK 2.1 with black PCB. Also they have a plain silver sticker, not the shiny and 'rainbowy' one. The microSD readers are the ones from DX, not the ones with AK logo. All are working, checked. :D Here are some pics: 1, 2, 3.

aphirst

Trophies
Website
aphirst.co.uk
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Another World said:
aphirst said:
Another World said:
@aphirst: so you can confirm that the ak2 green pcb (fixed for the fat issue) are shipping in the new shell without the spring?

ak will not give me an official answer.

-another world

I certainly can. Green PCB, new shell, no spring.
yaynds.gif
The only thing that sucked was the straightness of the shiny sticker (I removed it because the irregularity bugged me - it looks swish as a naked cart though
rolleyes.gif
)

now that you have the sticker off, do you see the chip at all? or was that another thing they "fixed" when adding the ak2 into the new shell.

whats odd is that i just received a replacement 2.1 from acekard today and it has a green pcb but i know its not a fixed ak2 because its in the old shell and does not have the chip sticking out. it appears the black pcb is also in dark forest green variant.

-another world

You can't see the chip at all, so it would seem that they "fixed" this as well. It's just a shell of epic grey plastic.
smileipb2.png

TheLifeRuiner

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jesterscourt said:
Okay, so my Guitar Hero grips are already here, for some reason require a signature (? multiple orders before from DX never had to sign...) anyhow, I need to go to the PO tomorrow to pick them up. I went to look up my order on DX's site, and it's says "ready" in blue, not shipped in green like the grips, as I said, I ordered them both 12/25 within an hour of each other... I would assume they are going to process the orders FIFO, but the site still shows they are out of stock of the AK (presumably with the new PCBs coming in)

QUOTE(Chaykin @ Jan 13 2009, 10:30 AM) I got today 10 Acekards that I ordered on 27/12/2008. All of them are blue PCB with the case glued without the spring. They are much sturdier then my AK 2.1 with black PCB. Also they have a plain silver sticker, not the shiny and 'rainbowy' one. The microSD readers are the ones from DX, not the ones with AK logo. All are working, checked. :D Here are some pics: 1, 2, 3.

How is this? Why is it that the former has not received his, yet the the latter has? Do they prioritize bulk purchases? (Possibly because it means more money for them?)

:[

This does not bode well for us who simply want a single cart.

TheLifeRuiner

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
madrat said:
owmyballs said:
madrat said:
Here is another store that sell them: DS Lite Acekard 2 AK2 + TF Card Reader

Have you bought from this site?

I am trying to verify if the AcKards are the 2.1 versions.
Reading the customer discussions at the bottom of that page the moderator never actually says that they are the 2.1s.
Also the customer image does not show it's 2.1.

I would like to hear from someone who has bought from them recently to verify that they are sending the newer version.

I agree with you, I would like to buy the newer one and not the old version.

There was another thread where this is mentioned - here is the specific quote:
QUOTE(maybeamac @ Dec 31 2008, 04:48 PM)
Focalprice does not have any in stock they informed me but they said generally after placing your order they can have it within 2 days. It took them a week to confirm that is the 2.1 version because they didn't have a clue. Try live help they are very helpful and friendly hehehe they just chatted casually for a while with me when they had no customers mind you only 1 person answers all the live helps. Haven't ordered off them though. I got a pending order

Seek01

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I ordered a 8gb Sandisk micro sdhc and a Acekard 2 on the 27th of December. The Micro SD finally shipped yesterday and they are finally saying they have recieved my order for the Acekard. Honestly for what I paid I could care less if its fake or not as long as it works well for a decent amount of time. But to hear that people who ordered 1-1.5 weeks after I did are just receiving their cards is kinda a kick in the shin.

Velveteer

Trophies
XP
Country
Seek01 said:
I ordered a 8gb Sandisk micro sdhc and a Acekard 2 on the 27th of December. The Micro SD finally shipped yesterday and they are finally saying they have recieved my order for the Acekard. Honestly for what I paid I could care less if its fake or not as long as it works well for a decent amount of time. But to hear that people who ordered 1-1.5 weeks after I did are just receiving their cards is kinda a kick in the shin.
It must depend on the suppliers. Did you order locally or overseas? My order was putting in on a Friday and posted Monday morning.

Seek01

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Velveteer said:
Seek01 said:
It must depend on the suppliers. Did you order locally or overseas? My order was putting in on a Friday and posted Monday morning.

I ordered it from DX so overseas. And I'm reading that people who ordered nearly a week after me are just now starting to receive theirs when mine is struggling to be shipped

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • K3Nv2
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, it wasnt aimed at you but ok