Hacking New run of Acekard 2.1's?

bugmenever

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I contacted DX, asking how accurate the claims of them not having acekards are. A day and a half later, here's a reply:
QUOTE said:
Apologies for any inconveniences we created for you.

Sorry for the delay. Item #16142 has indeed been put into suspension owing to its unstable supply. We've currently stopped selling them. Nobody is sure when it will be available again, maybe several month later.

Thank you for your patience and understanding!
)=

ShAdOwFuRi

Trophies
XP
Country
Can you imagine the flood of Acekard 2 orders that will come through Dealextreme when the Acekards come back into stock...

DSAndi

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
bugmenever said:
So, I contacted DX, asking how accurate the claims of them not having acekards are. A day and a half later, here's a reply:
QUOTE said:
Apologies for any inconveniences we created for you.

Sorry for the delay. Item #16142 has indeed been put into suspension owing to its unstable supply. We've currently stopped selling them. Nobody is sure when it will be available again, maybe several month later.

Thank you for your patience and understanding!
)=

Wow im glad i ordered one after christmas and got one with blue pcb yesterday. BTW the included SD Reader came from Acekard with acekardlogo on and did not look like the one on the pics at DX.

xeorm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Should I go ahead and cancel my order? I purchased AK2 when the ETA was 1/9 along with other items and it's still at the "waiting for supplier" status.

therealstarlette

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just bought 5 of the new blue AK from stuffs4kids.com paid a bit more but got it in 2 days and they loaded one of my cards with the firmware.. was really easy to copy to all 5 cards i bought with them... 24.00 each w/ 1 gd sd cards,

We had no problem getting 2 acekards and 2 r4's to play mario kart, with the cards and without them.. we all 4 played togethor.. and a 5th joined without any card..

HTH

jesterscourt

Not Brad.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I ordered 2 of these (just the card, w/o the reader) and they recently shipped, I will post, should have them in a week or so. I already have a Cyclo, so I bought the one as a gift for someone else, and the second one, if cool, will be my secondary card
smile.gif

xeorm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jesterscourt said:
I ordered 2 of these (just the card, w/o the reader) and they recently shipped, I will post, should have them in a week or so. I already have a Cyclo, so I bought the one as a gift for someone else, and the second one, if cool, will be my secondary card
smile.gif

May I ask when you ordered these?

owmyballs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
madrat said:
Here is another store that sell them: DS Lite Acekard 2 AK2 + TF Card Reader

Have you bought from this site?

I am trying to verify if the AcKards are the 2.1 versions.
Reading the customer discussions at the bottom of that page the moderator never actually says that they are the 2.1s.
Also the customer image does not show it's 2.1.

I would like to hear from someone who has bought from them recently to verify that they are sending the newer version.

owmyballs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xeorm said:
jesterscourt said:
smile.gif

May I ask when you ordered these?

What site did you order from DX?

Angry_Games

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.angrygames.com
XP
Country
United States
Ok so I ordered a 2.1 about 9 days ago from RealHotStuff.com ($28) and got it two days ago. I just opened it up and mine is black PCB...

I have to say, as a total noob, this thing freakin' ROCKS. I put the official 4.13FW on it, made a folder and dropped my games into it, and haven't found a single glitch yet!

Keep in mind I'm not really into homebrew or anything else, nor GBA stuff...just want it to play backups of NDS titles.

I was a little unsure, but after spending almost two complete days here lurking and reading, I chose the AceKard 2.1 over the CycloDS and R4. I'm sure those (and others) are great, but I absolutely couldn't be happier with my purchase.

many thanks to GBATemp for all the great guides, reviews, and most of all, knowledge!

jesterscourt

Not Brad.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I ordered the 2 Acekards from DX. I was at work when they tried to deliver yesterday (? that was quick!) but now I'm worried, as I got the email about my shipment being delayed.

Thinking back, I ordered twice in one night in December from DX, ordering 2 Acekards and then ordering 2 Guitar Hero "official" grips, as I wasn't all that impressed with the fake ones with the speakers (the right speaker was blown/didn't work, and the way its designed there's not an easy way to bypass using the builtin speakers).

So they will attempt another delivery tomorrow, I am guessing those are the grips, and I hope this isn't like the CycloEvo fiasco where they say they will get them any moment and then cancel my order after 2 months. From what I'm reading in this thread they just need the blue PCBs to come into fulfillment.

I can't complain about the prices, but why do they sell stuff when they clearly don't have a way to accurately state if it is in stock?

aphirst

Trophies
Website
aphirst.co.uk
XP
Country
United Kingdom
jesterscourt said:
I can't complain about the prices, but why do they sell stuff when they clearly don't have a way to accurately state if it is in stock?
They're a zero-stock company, so they order from upstream suppliers when (and only when) people order stuff from them. They *seem* to base their "stock" indicator on the information they have from their upstream supplier. So, as a result, this information can change quite quickly, without much warning. Or, at least, that's how I understand it.
The fact that they don't hold any stock themselves means they don't need big warehouses, and thus can charge much less for their products.
yaynds.gif

It turns out I got one of the "fixed" 2.0 cards, but I'd gladly take a fixed one in a gummed case than a 2.1 in a clip case.
tongue.gif
It only took a week to arrive, as well.
happy.gif

owmyballs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kenman1 said:
I order a ak2 2.1 form focalprice i hope it a bule pcb or green both my fav color

How are you sure it is ver. 2.1?
I have been trying to get them to verify that they are 2.1s as opposed to the ver.2 they show on their site page and in the customer image.
I would almost bet that they are the 2.1s but have been reluctant to order until I am sure since I need about ten of them.

Please keep us posted on what you receive.

aphirst

Trophies
Website
aphirst.co.uk
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Another World said:
@aphirst: so you can confirm that the ak2 green pcb (fixed for the fat issue) are shipping in the new shell without the spring?

ak will not give me an official answer.

-another world

I certainly can. Green PCB, new shell, no spring.
yaynds.gif
The only thing that sucked was the straightness of the shiny sticker (I removed it because the irregularity bugged me - it looks swish as a naked cart though
rolleyes.gif
)

madrat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
owmyballs said:
madrat said:
Here is another store that sell them: DS Lite Acekard 2 AK2 + TF Card Reader

Have you bought from this site?

I am trying to verify if the AcKards are the 2.1 versions.
Reading the customer discussions at the bottom of that page the moderator never actually says that they are the 2.1s.
Also the customer image does not show it's 2.1.

I would like to hear from someone who has bought from them recently to verify that they are sending the newer version.
I agree with you, I would like to buy the newer one and not the old version.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/NGOSybO-5R4?si=SmiQ0UaynHR80xC9