Hacking New R4i with updated firmware. Loading...message.

ymoudgal

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am using a 2gb microSD card on the R4i for DSi. When I insert the R4i and select R4, I get a message which says 'Loading...' and nothing happens after that. I tried it on a friends older DS and it worked perfectly with all my games showing up. On removing it from the DS and immediately inserting into the New DSi the games now show up and I am able to play. But If I turn it off and turn it back on, then it goes back to the 'Loading...' message. It only works the first time on my DSi after loading it onto a DS and removing it. I updated the firmware from their website but no change. Any help/ info is greatly appreciated.

This is the site and product.

http://www.r4i-sdhc.com/indexe.asp

I've now reformatted the SD card and updated it with v1.09 firmware. Still no luck.

junker_man32

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
another noob asking a question for a stupid fake cart, they fell for it again. im getting so sick and tired of these post "why isnt my r4i ULTRA or watever not working?", u wonder why, search up and get a real flash cart, those a re FAKES! we should just delete all these damn post and jus spread the word about r4i's, too bad there are too many noobish people!

bach3609

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
umm no need to flame him just because he has a clone. Just shut up and get out of this r4 sub forum. Why are you even here if you have a hatred to the r4 and its clones.
BTW junker man, The r4i is a r4 clone, but its way better and their team is way better than the other clones, they update their website and they update their firmware. They already updated their firmware 6 times since they first released it, about once each month or less.

injected11

Crescent Fresh™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
junker_man32 said:
another noob asking a question for a stupid fake cart, they fell for it again. im getting so sick and tired of these post "why isnt my r4i ULTRA or watever not working?", u wonder why, search up and get a real flash cart, those a re FAKES! we should just delete all these damn post and jus spread the word about r4i's, too bad there are too many noobish people!

Interesting. I have the exact same cart, and have been able to get everything, without exception, working on it, when used on a DS Lite. So far, it has been absolutely flawless. Perhaps you should know more about a particular card before you bash him for buying it.

To OP: My R4i SDHC works fine on my DS Lite, but when I lent it to a friend (with a DSi) for the weekend, he had the same problem. We are hoping for a solution to this as well.

triassic911

Burst Mode
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
junker_man32 said:
STFU nerd.

Ok, so you have reformatted your card, so that's out of the way...

Have you tried an earlier firmware version?
Have you tried another microsd card?
Are you sure you have all files and folders needed for the firmware to boot?

Let me know if you have tried all this.

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
You realize that the R4 was once the most popular shit out there? Do you not realize this poor fellow may have bought because of the R4's previous reputation? Hmmm I coulda sworn the firmware was later version than that. anyways yea I had a similar problem when I used to use R4 clone. I got rid of it. What kinda specs does ur R4 have? Can you list the files on the root of your Miceo SD?

RTAgent5

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got the same clone (and several real flash cards), and I have to say that I haven't really had any issues with this card at all except for that fact that I cant save a game in pokemon and load it again successfully to save my life. Other than that I have had no issues with it at all.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: