Homebrew New pre-installed CFW N3DSXL - Setting up a second sd

Thingmaker

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Purchased a N3DSXL with CFW installed. I'm completely new and for the past week, while waiting for the unit to arrive, I did as much research as possible. I'm confused about one thing. The system came with a 64GB with lots of stuff installed. I have my own blank 64 SD formatted with fat32 using Guiformatter. All I want to do is transfer the necessary files to have the CFW on a second SD which eventually, I'll put other stuff on. The folders on the root of the included SD card are: 3DS, 3DS Games, gm9, luma, mGBA, Nintendo 3DS, Roms, Splashes, Themes. The files on the root directory are: boot.3dsx, boot.firm, snex9x_3ds.cfg and virtuanes_3ds.cfg (I know these last 2 are for the emus).
Is it just a case of copying from one SD to another? And if so, is there away to just copy the CFW files, Homebrew, FBI etc.. (no games).

Thanks a ton!

Thingmaker

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just did that - made a direct copy of all files. Put the new SD in the 3DS, it takes longer than usual to set up the home screen, but then the home screen comes up with default apps like a new system. No homebrew, FBI, emulators. I just realized, this is the wrong section (should have been in 3D firmware section).

EDIT: Ignore. It had put all my files in a folder, so nothing but the folder was on the root. Just fixed and all is working now. Thanks for the reply.

Last edited by Thingmaker,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up