ROM Hack New powersaves 3ds thread

MGS1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so i finally got a powersave! Are there any precautions i should take so i don't corrupt my Pokemon save?

First off, corruption will happen from time to time. Don't freak out when it does. There is nothing that you can do to prevent it as it just happens.

Secondly, you can mitigate the impact of the corruption by backing up often. It will generate an auto backup every time that you apply a code if you allow it to. DO NOT delete the backup before you see if the save edit was applied correctly unless you really do not care about the save.

Reactions: popeel1

leowalle

I am awesome so is Black Kyurem so yeah.
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
leowalle was one of the main reasons why our last forum got locked! He always starts some bull**** that makes everyone go off topic.

They wouldn't lock an entire thread because of one person. They would permanatly ban the person from that thread. So, now you see it wasn't completely my fault.

paradoxofthecat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Noob question - Are powersaves useable by non-powersave users like ordinary gateway users? If so, is it possible to request for a Gateway Save file editing? Kinda like GW user will upload a GW save file, a PS user will use it, activate cheats for that game then re-upload em back?

gamefan5

Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
They wouldn't lock an entire thread because of one person. They would permanatly ban the person from that thread. So, now you see it wasn't completely my fault.
Not true, GBAtemp has locked numerous threads because of one person, I can say that if you're dangerously close of becoming the next one. If one person causes a chain reaction of annoying posts and people replies to said posts, we're not only blaiming the repliers but also the starter of that chain.

I can definitely tell you that you were one of the main reasons (if not, THE one reason) the other thread got locked. I'm not giving you a warning, but a friendly reminder. You're not exactly viewed as a member in a positive light here.

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Not true, GBA temp has locked numerous because of one person, I can say that if you're dangerously close of becoming the next one. If one person causes a chain reaction of annoying posts and people replies to said posts, we're not only blaiming the repliers but also the starter of that chain.

I can definitely tell you that you were one of the main reasons the other thread got locked. I'm not giving you a warning, but a friendly reminder. You're not exactly viewed as a member in a positive light here.

Well at least he's not huntereb/dezmen/... :P
We can just ban Leowalle and stay on topic all the time. Easy.

Well he's better now. At least he stopped hex editing.

Mandatory on-topic: How'd SicresM decrypted his save exactly?

Reactions: tjexp and gamefan5

leowalle

I am awesome so is Black Kyurem so yeah.
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well at least he's not huntereb/dezmen/... :P

Well he's better now. At least he stopped hex editing.

Mandatory on-topic: How'd SicresM decrypted his save exactly?

Thank you. Jeez kixphlat :blink: I don't spam anymore, and frankly, I barely post at ALL anymore.

Kaphotics

badc0ded
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mandatory on-topic: How'd SciresM decrypt his save exactly?

Similar to the known plaintext bruteforce trick that KeySAV/KeyBV use, the entire savefile can be decrypted if you set it up to act like a plaintext. The first part of the savedata is static (and not constant between all carts), and the game savedata can be arranged for (we don't even need to have Powersaves do anything for us to decrypt anymore).

(hash1^xorpad)^(hash2^xorpad) = hash1^hash2

hash1=(hash of all of the save data hashes)

hash2=(hash of all of the save data hashes, more ingame progress)

Informed guessing is all.

Reactions: leowalle

Nyancat

wow i have a custom title, how nice
Trophies
XP
Country
Ermagherd I'm not even removing the game cartridge and I'm in the middle of applying a save and that comes up and then I keep on having to restore my game all the time because of it, any suggestions or does it just happen if it does just happen the. I swear I will end up throwing my laptop out of the window.

Kaphotics

badc0ded
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If i change a espurr from female to male change the hidden hability??

Nope, any code is incapable of changing the ability of a Pokemon.

0x14 = ability index number
0x15 = abilitynum (1 << 0/1/2) based off of the personal data entry for the given species

Datel would have to have a bunch of conditional code and a reference lookup table, which is much more than a simple 'set byte to X'.

It'd be quite simple to do but they don't want to ruin online; editing IVs/ability is probably further than they are willing to go.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/e7BTm5WxMlw?si=YB0d6BWQ9YsaherL