'New Pokémon Snap' announced for Nintendo Switch

poke snap.PNG

During today's Pokémon Presents, the Pokémon Company announced the comeback of a beloved title: Pokémon Snap. Aptly titled New Pokémon Snap, Nintendo describes it as a "new adventure" that is "inspired by the classic Nintendo 64 game Pokémon Snap."

While details are scant, Nintendo also shared this title's description:

Travel to unknown islands with beautiful scenery like lush jungles and sandy beaches. The Pokémon pictures you take there will be used to build your very own Pokémon Photodex! This brand-new game brings the gameplay of the 1999 Pokémon Snap game for the Nintendo 64 system to life on the Nintendo Switch system with unknown islands to discover and different Pokémon to see!

Photograph lively wild Pokémon in their natural habitats as you research and explore unknown islands. Journey through a variety of environments such as beaches and jungles to capture previously-unseen Pokémon behaviors. The photos you take can also be used to fill out your very own Pokémon Photodex!

New Pokémon Snap is under development by Bandai Namco for the Nintendo Switch but no release window has been shared.

:arrow: SOURCE
:arrow: New Pokémon Snap Official Website

goldensun87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I still do not understand the logic behind putting the word "New" in the title...

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

All these Gen Z kids don't get it, I guess. We grew up playing Snap, they didn't. But when they play the game, they'll hopefully have the same joy we did on the N64. Let's all have fun together.
Tbh, the main reason we were overjoyed by the original back then, was because at the time it was one of the rare opportunities to see pokemon in full color 3D as opposed to monochrome 8-bit sprites.

I am glad that it is a sequel with updated graphics. Finally, a Pokemon game on Switch actually worth playing.

Last edited by goldensun87,

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I still do not understand the logic behind putting the word "New" in the title...

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Tbh, the main reason we were overjoyed by the original back then, was because at the time it was one of the rare opportunities to see pokemon in full color 3D as opposed to monochrome 8-bit sprites.

I am glad that it is a sequel with updated graphics. Finally, a Pokemon game on Switch actually worth playing.
same logic as the "new 3ds" name i guess lol or maybe they are gonna remake the original levels and add a bunch more who knows.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I was never that into Pokemon Snap but I must say, holy shit, they're finally listening to the fans. Fans have been asking for a sequel constantly ever since the first game came out.

Ampersound

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
you mean shadow...

Pokemon Colosseum and XD gale of Darkness, tbh i think colosseum and to an certain extent XD have better graphics than sword and shield and they are Gamecube games lol
I'd say their artstyle is more coherent and therefore better. In terms of presentation the battles in those games feel much more dynamic compared to sw/ss mainly because of the extensive camera movement.

Daisy

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Me in February: OMG Rescue Team DX will be GOTY

Me in March: OMG Animal Crossing will be GOTY

Me in April: OMG 51 Worldwide Games will be GOTY

Me in June: OMG Persona 4 Golden will be GOTY

Me in June again: OMG Pokémon Snap will be GOTY

Jesus Fuck 2020, thank god I have a job

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I'd say their artstyle is more coherent and therefore better. In terms of presentation the battles in those games feel much more dynamic compared to sw/ss mainly because of the extensive camera movement.
yeah you vould see large areas and trainers and the pokemons, all had better battle animations for sure, and each battle looked like it was on the actual place of the battle.

Ampersound

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
yeah you vould see large areas and trainers and the pokemons, all had better battle animations for sure, and each battle looked like it was on the actual place of the battle.
Hm not sure on the battle animations, there are many sw/ss animations that are definitely much better and well animated, and then there's junk like the double kick animation.
From what i have watched, colloseum doesn't have real mishaps in animation like that, but it doesn't come close to the best animations the new games have to offer.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hm not sure on the battle animations, there are many sw/ss animations that are definitely much better and well animated, and then there's junk like the double kick animation.
From what i have watched, colloseum doesn't have real mishaps in animation like that, but it doesn't come close to the best animations the new games have to offer.
the all camera movemente, battle area when teams are fighting each other, the diferent view angles and such are miles better than sw/sh imo.

Legendaykai

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you mean shadow...

Pokemon Colosseum and XD gale of Darkness, tbh i think colosseum and to an certain extent XD have better graphics than sword and shield and they are Gamecube games lol
Personally i'm not a graphics whore but the sound track for both the Collosseum and gale of darkness titles were amazing

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 24,000 hmmmm lol