Gaming NEW POKEMON IN THE MAKING

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Demonbart said:
Chill people, chill. They're prolly just trying to get us hyped up, only to announce pokemon ranger 3 again to make sure everyone knows it's coming.

^

Seriously, this is a POKEMON topic, not a grinding topic. Also, if grinding isn't your thing, you don't have to grind in Pokemon a whole lot. Fighting Ash is completely optional. As for the rest of the gym leaders and trainers, very little amount of grinding is required, and usually it's pretty easy at that. Also, Kingdom Hearts is considered a great RPG since it doesn't have grinding? Oh shoot me now.

But yeah, let's stay on Pokemon here, people. Not grinding or Final Fantasy.

gordunk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
Demonbart said:
Chill people, chill. They're prolly just trying to get us hyped up, only to announce pokemon ranger 3 again to make sure everyone knows it's coming.

^

Seriously, this is a POKEMON topic, not a grinding topic. Also, if grinding isn't your thing, you don't have to grind in Pokemon a whole lot. Fighting Ash is completely optional. As for the rest of the gym leaders and trainers, very little amount of grinding is required, and usually it's pretty easy at that. Also, Kingdom Hearts is considered a great RPG since it doesn't have grinding? Oh shoot me now.

I did not say that KH was a great RPG BECAUSE it didn't have grinding. I was saying that it was an example of a great RPG that didn't have grinding...

This really doesn't have anything to do with grinding, it had everything to do with people shooting down harmless ideas for no adequately explained reason.

-_-'

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gordunk said:
Guild McCommunist said:
Demonbart said:

^

I did not say that KH was a great RPG BECAUSE it didn't have grinding. I was saying that it was an example of a great RPG that didn't have grinding...

This really doesn't have anything to do with grinding, it had everything to do with people shooting down harmless ideas for no adequately explained reason.

-_-'

KH wasn't a great RPG, or hardly even an RPG. It was essentially a hack and slash with minor RPG elements.

And I was "shooting down" these ideas because it's called friendly debate. Not to mention a lot of these ideas rip out the core foundation of what has made Pokemon games push millions of copies each year and push them with good reason. What people are suggesting isn't Pokemon at all.

gordunk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, I don't really see how it's not an RPG, but w/e. Great storyline, fun gameplay, and all the basic elements of an RPG are there.

But this is getting way off topic, so I'll stop.

TM2-Megatron

Predacon Commander
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
As others have said, grinding as hardly necessary to complete the main game. It's not even truly necessary to complete the Pokedex, since technically all you need to do is level certain Pokemon up until you reach their final evolution (and this rarely exceeds level 36. That can be done fairly easily by giving the Pokemon you want to level up an experience share, placing it first in your party so it gets even more points, and then going to Victory Road or somewhere with equally high wild Pokemon with the remaining members of your party being exceedingly high-level.

I wouldn't want them to take out the optional grinding, though. There are certain Pokemon I like to take the time to EV train and level up fully; I just don't want to do it for all 493 species.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hyperboy said:
I'm not surehow you are suppose to work this out but
151 100 135 107 51 35 28 16 7 9 should help you if you want to you how many pokemon there will be.
Any links on the new pokemon?

There's been speculation about whether the Farfetch'd and Delibird evolutions are real or fake. You can find the link in the same forum.

My main request for this game is the 2 continents thing that Gold and Silver had. It made the game longer and better. I would also like a huge focus on online play after the main game. Random matches, tournaments, prizes, 2-on-2 battle (you and an amigo as well as two other guys), etc etc.

bmtrocks

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Demonbart said:
As I said in another thread there is practically no indication that this will be a spinoff game. For one, the announcement was that there was going to be a Pokemon game featuring new Pokemon developed by Gamefreak. You know what Gamefreak develops in the series? The main games, the core handheld titles. They have nothing to do with the Ranger games or any of the spinoffs.

It's highly unlikely this isn't 5th gen; if it doesn't turn out to be, it's a first that Gamefreak is making a spinoff title.

xXGameFanXx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Nice I can't wait for it to come out !
yaynds.gif

geoflcl

Permanent GBAtemp Newbie
Trophies
Website
loganderb.in
XP
Country
United States
Mehhhh...

I wish I could get excited for this, but generation Diamond and Pearl didn't do it for me.

It's as if Gamefreak went out of their way to make sure they were filled to the brim with slower battles (even without the animation), slower movement, higher rates of random encounters (those goddamn CAVES), and just more frustration in general.

They had better redeem themselves.

TheLifeRuiner

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dsi stuff would be dumb imo
why would they even do that?
maybe they could do something where they have a dsiware app that you can download, and it would have extra features if you have this new pokemon game in the slot
i mean i guess they could have some sort of thing in game that is dsi only but that seems silly

watex5

dvd
Trophies
XP
Country
Aeladya said:
outgum said:
OMFG! NEW POKEMANZ GAEM!
Im uber excited
happy.gif
I think it might be... Pokemon Sun and Moon Lol.
I mean your right,
Colours : Green, Red, Blue, Yellow
Minerals: Gold, Silver, Crystal
Gems: Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald
....Expensive Jewellery? : Pearl, Diamond, Platinum? (Cant really find a set catorgory to put them in)
Body, Emotions, etc: HEART Gold, SOUL Silver.

I think next well be like Space sorta? Sun, Moon, Star, Planents, Maybe a out of space storyline? =O

LOL I had a dream about that...the third version would be Twilight XD then all the Twilight Fans would assume Edward was in it and all Pokemon fans killed the cast of Twilight (including me since I hate Twilight XD), and then World War III started against Twilight Fans and sane people
tongue.gif
, no but seriously, I had a dream it would be called Twilight for some odd reason...

That was such an epic win! XD

Hopefully the story wont be the exact same
ohmy.gif
and hopefully there will be more then one region like in heart gold and soul silver
biggrin.gif

Oh and making your own character would be cool too
smile.gif

DxEggman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I honest to God Nintendo doesn't implement any of the suggestions on this board.

No new Pokeomon? Thats like wanting a Mario game where you don't save the princess.
Starters have to be all balanced, and have the Grass/Fire/Water chain. Expecting anything else is just ridiculous.
The types are pretty balanced, no need to add or remove any.
The story will never be any sort of deep; the approach to story has always been Mario-esque.
Lastly, This game isn't just made for competitive battling. Rest assured, you will see many babies, evolutions of non-OU Pokemon, and new pokemon that will be dumped in the NU bin immediately.
The battle system is very deep. It doesnt need to be flashy.

The Pokemon fanbase confuses me, the series has improves so much from Red and Blue, yet everyone wants....Red and Blue.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0HUC3gnPMZs&pp=ygUXTWVtY2FyZCBwcm8gMSwgMiBhbmQgZ2M%3D