New Pokemon announcement coming on Jan 8th

Castiel

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What do you mean 'what?'. The 2nd Generation PKMN main plot didn't involve with legendary poke'mon until after you have beaten the elite four. That goes with the 1st Generation also.
I meant "What?" as in I didn't understand what you meant, and that I didn't even mention anything about legendary's in my post so I don't know why you brought them up :/

Canonbeat234

Redeemed Temper
Trophies
XP
Country
I meant "What?" as in I didn't understand what you meant, and that I didn't even mention anything about legendary's in my post so I don't know why you brought them up :/

I put the legendary PKMN in my post to continue with the discussion about the issue how each Generation from III till now you're forced to fight the legendary pokemon in order to advance the plot throughout the game which is stupid. It just basically on-rail event that must happen no matter what you do! To me it just builds a meaningless point about how special legendary PKMN are.

Delete.

gamefan5

Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@gamefan5: Before PKMN Crystal, was you forced to fight any of the legendary dogs? No. You just went inside the Tin/Burnt Tower to find them and they ran away from you. The plot still continued from there.
Forget it. in fact I don't recall the legendaries being involved in plots until gen 3.
I misread that post.

Castiel

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I put the legendary PKMN in my post to continue with the discussion about the issue how each Generation from III till now you're forced to fight the legendary pokemon in order to advance the plot throughout the game which is stupid. It just basically on-rail event that must happen no matter what you do! To me it just builds a meaningless point about how special legendary PKMN are.
Ah ha. Sorry, that was my bad as I misinterpreted your post.

Latiken

GBATemp's Epic Fusion
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I honestly believe that if it is a new main series game, it would be on the 3DS. When have you ever seen a main series game in a home console. If the new game is for the wii u, then it's a spin off.

Lol, since this thread has turned into "What generation is better?" My favorite generation is probably Gen3. I loved the starters and basically all the other Pokemon. Indeed my favorite Pokemon is Blaziken.
Now, as for my second favorite Gen or, more like remake, are HeartGold and SoulSilver. I don't understand why the games that would follow didn't include the kick ass features that HG/SS brought in. Well not brought in but more like remade. I mean why didn't they have the whole Pokemon follow you thing in Black/White? Damn it.

image.jpg

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
I honestly believe that if it is a new main series game, it would be on the 3DS. When have you ever seen a main series game in a home console. If the new game is for the wii u, then it's a spin off.

Lol, since this thread has turned into "What generation is better?" My favorite generation is probably Gen3. I loved the starters and basically all the other Pokemon. Indeed my favorite Pokemon is Blaziken.
Now, as for my second favorite Gen or, more like remake, are HeartGold and SoulSilver. I don't understand why the games that would follow didn't include the kick ass features that HG/SS brought in. Well not brought in but more like remade. I mean why didn't they have the whole Pokemon follow you thing in Black/White? Damn it.]

The features were different because the games were developed at drastically different times. HGSS features were being thought of around the time Platinum came out. However BW features were developed directly RIGHT after Diamond and Pearl.

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Off-Topic: Since when Sonic games can have a good story? The only storyline that I've find at least enjoyable was Sonic and The Secret Rings. Sonic 06 was being too serious that it didn't make the plot go anywhere, just downwards by the end of the story.

On-Topic: Why do you suspect a story from a PKMN game?! Poke'mon is a RPG with generic characters and gameplay. The plot inside the game will never evolve further from 'go stop team *insert bad guy organization here*'. The only thing poke'mon has it going is the side-quests like in LeafGreen and etc. For a poke'mon game to have a decent storyline will require the attention span of 10 year-olds to care about the main character rather than stopping team enigma. The point is what sells the franchise more? Story or Gameplay?

32622312.jpg

There is nothing that hinder both.
I'm not asking for the best story ever, but a good and descent story isn't that much of trouble to make.
Pokémon gameplay haven't changed much since it's start.
Metagame has been good, and no matter what change you make on it, it will not be a big change in gameplay.
Pokémon would need something bigger, that would come with another aspect.
It could stop using sprites, and start using 3D models, which could leave a gameplay change.
It could change story, and focus on a deeper goal, instead of getting 8 badges and beat the league.

If Nintendo ever wants to get this to next level, it need to explore unused elements.

Canonbeat234

Redeemed Temper
Trophies
XP
Country
@VMM: Nintendo is not best known for letting the players test out their ideas just to see how they will react. Nintendo keeps the genre as straight forward as possible. When they want something change, they make sure the basic structure of *insert game here* doesn't change beyond the flow of the plot over gameplay. Or in this case, the main character's role won't ruin the whole aspect of the storyline. The gameplay wise itself will still remain intact as long as it please the fans.

I personally believe after Generation II, someone told Nintendo that it will be awesome to make a PKMN game that will focus around the main character stopping the legendary Pokemon from causing destruction to that particular region. When Ruby/Shappire came out, the storyline focuses on you going on your adventure while getting to a certain part in the game to fight against the legendary pkmn because it was making a fuss to that entire region! Somehow after you have done that, you can continue on with your journey to get all the badges. I have no idea who given Nintendo that idea but it just causes lazy story-telling because from Gen. 4 till now, it's the same old event. Stop the Legendary pokemon from being evil, destructive, or whatever. Legendary Pokemon to me is now a joke!

Weaselpipe

Erratic Temp user
Trophies
XP
Country
I want a legendary pokemon that is genuinely legendary. You hear all about it the whole game then when you get there it doesn't exist. And for Game Freak to leave a half made scrap of code in there so people think they have found it.

Bean_BR

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Pokemon is a game more focused on multiplayer than the single player, that why it emphasizes with things like "trade pokemon with many people", "battle with your friends" and all that stuff. That is why the story is considered "weak". Well, it just my opinion, though.

Canonbeat234

Redeemed Temper
Trophies
XP
Country
This topic has now become a free-for-all.

Edit: Nintendo can always be open-minded as long as it doesn't ruin the formula of the actual gameplay.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/LM0Y6RWvcr8?si=RjMLNrx1TEX301g1 Already has cfw lol +1