FAST6191

Techromancer
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I do not know if this should be on the portal or not but dwedit has released a new alpha of pocketnes:
http://www.dwedit.org/dwedit_board/viewtopic.php?id=320

New scrolling code!
New PPU hack
Fixed bugs
"dirty tiles" system

Changed version number from "9.99" to "X alpha 1"
Separated NES OAM from GBA OAM, games which do not update the sprite table every frame no longer messed up when changing the screen position in unscaled mode.
Synchronized CHR-RAM updates with sprite table updates, battletoads looks great
Now correctly displays warning when SRAM is full at bootup
All scanline-buffers synchronized together
Fixed many instances of the dummy scanline being treated as the first visible scanline

This is in addition to the many benefits that Dwedit's builds already have over the original.

D

Deleted User

Hey, that's good news! I assume it does still run as a pogoshell plugin, right? If so, it's time to update my old Flash Advance cart.

edit: Thanks for the heads up FAST6191!
smile.gif

D

Deleted User

how do i add games to this =/

Official PocketNES SiteHow to get PocketNES to work, the quick and easy way

Download PocketNES Menu Maker from the downloads section.
Put all the files from the zip in the same directory with the nes roms you want to use and the pocketnes.gba. Double-click the pnesmmw.exe and click the "Make Rom" button.
You should now get a PocketNESMenu.gba in that directory.
Flash this to your Flash Card and play!
If the flash program says that the size is incorrect, just say OK, it will work anyway.
PocketNES Menu Maker automatically adds the best options known for sprite following, making it good for beginners.
If you have problems getting it to work check out the troubleshooting.
There are also several other PocketNES menu creator programs out, see downloads. Read their respective documentation for info on how to use them.
http://www.pocketnes.org/howto.html

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really wish they would make it just look in a folder for the ROMs.......
Very few GBA applications know how to access the filesystems of today's modern homebrew devices. Keep in mind that traditional NOR-based GBA flash carts must use embedded filesystems like the ones nearly all GBA homebrew uses, including PocketNES. Sure, it would be possible to add DLDI support to PocketNES, but it would require 32 kb of RAM to be reserved for that use, and PocketNES is really short on RAM as it is. So you'll just have to get used to using the menu maker program, sorry.

test84

GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
thnx for ur answer, nesDS has problems with Ninja Gaidens
frown.gif
and Turtles 2 which are most of my faves.

is its interface better than nesDS?

edit: Ninja gaiden's spirits are better, but Ninja Gaiden 3 doesnt even load on this one, on nesDS it loads but you cant see enemies.
and i dont like to pack all my games into one big file, it decreases the ease of usage.

edit: ryder, what r ur faves on NES?

FAST6191

Techromancer
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If you are going through NES emulation remember to take a look at HVCA, it still gets updates and in some regards is better than pocketnes (the scaling method means font hacks are needed less often as well:
http://ezflash.sosuke.com/wiki/index.php?t...=NES#HVCA_usage

@test84 try talespin and the chipmunks games, in my opinion they are up there with Aladdin on the megadrive if we are going to talk disney games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://wccftech-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/wccftech.com/amd-800-series-am5-motherboards-launch-r...