New patch for Switch port of The Witcher 3 improves graphics, adds cross save with PC version

Witcher-3-01.png

The Witcher 3 launched on Nintendo Switch back in October, bringing CD Projekt Red's massive open-world RPG to Nintendo's hybrid console. That wasn't the end of the Switch version, however, as a new patch is going out for the game, improving upon the already impressive port. Currently, the 3.6 patch has gone live in European and Asian territories, bringing with it improved graphics, touch controls for Gwent, optimizations, and cross-save support for the Steam and GOG PC versions of The Witcher 3. A pre and post patch graphical comparison is linked below.

:arrow: Source

emmanu888

6 years and still going strong
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Might have to try and get it, i'm not super far on PC but if i want to share my save between PC and console, great!

More devs need to implement cross-save with other consoles and PC. Like you start playing for example Horizon Chase Turbo on PS4 then you transfer the save over to Switch to keep going on the go

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Don't see much of a difference in the screenshots, so I'll have to nab the patch when I can and see if it's actually any better. I had a tough time playing the Switch version, mainly because of the awful framerate, so if this does anything to improve that I'll be happy.

Cross saves are neat, too.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Good.