• Replies 82

XFelixX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah a couple problems with warranties.

-If they don't get it from acekard team, they can claim that they don't cover your warranty, and tell you that you must go straight through acekard for your problem.

-They can come up with some kind of crap response like, "your warranty is void...because you sent it through country boarders, which could have possibly damaged the product...uhh you'll have to go through the postal service for that one...mmhmm..."

-They can not respond to messages and return requests. Which you can't do a thing about because US laws don't apply to foreign retailers. #1 reason.

amfdfireinside

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
thats just what reelhotstuff says because they knew they sold you a defective card. THey did the same to me. Acekard has pretty much said they are not supporting those messed up cards at all.

amfdfireinside

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Another World said:
i've heard nothing about this from team acekard, nor has norm commented that they have any working fix. more probably realhotstuff doesn't want to be out the $10 they paid for the card by sending you a new one. they know that the 3rd party wholesale outlet they bought from will probably not ship them out a replacement. i've talked to many sellers who have been stuck with thousands of cards over the past 2 years due in part to acekard changing their views on selling to overseas distributors.

with that said, it doesn't mean that rhs is telling lies. but if this week comes and goes without an update then i hope people remember that when purchasing from rhs.

-another world

this is the truth, they refused to refund my shipping when i wanted to send my defective one back (4.99) and made me pay my own shipping out to them (3.99), so i was assed out 9 dollars for a shitty card. Never purchase from reelhotstuff again dude. They are shady and knew those carts were bad, the day after i bought mine, they stopped listing the cart on their website. I MEAN SERIOUSLY?!?! why did they even ship it to me?? because they wanted that 5 dollars, those greedy buttnuggets.

Pliskron

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Acekard are the Laziest team for support. Years ago the told me that they were going to add RTS to their cards. Needless to say that never happened. If a fix does come it'll come from Akaio with no help from the Acekard guys.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pliskron said:
Acekard are the Laziest team for support. Years ago the told me that they were going to add RTS to their cards. Needless to say that never happened. If a fix does come it'll come from Akaio with no help from the Acekard guys.
it was already stated they would not add stuff like RTS to AKAIO unless the official firmware added it and slim chance of that ever happening...

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
acekard isn't lazy, they are smart. from the very beginning they had intended their firmwares to be opensource. they stopped putting out updates when bliss released his o/s. after he stopped they put out updates again. then norm merged them and they put out updates until akaio became so much better than the official. now they aren't putting out updates again. as long as akaio is there they can continue to make money off of the cards and not have to put much work in.

i'll quote this for now and let the devs do their work....

QUOTE said:
Hi,

Just posted this on the AceKard forum

http://www.acekard.com/bbs/viewthread.p ... a=page%3D1

Okay, looking at the datasheets for Spansion S29AL016J0TF102 (Bottom Boot) and ST Micro SST39VF1681 (Bottom Boot), I see that the ST Micro device has uniform sectors/block size of 64KB, while the Spansion device has asymmetrical boot size of SA0=16KB, SA1=8KB, SA2=8KB, SA3=32KB, and then SA4 to SA34 is uniform at 64KB. So perhaps new coding needs to address the difference between the chips. The two different devices can be identified by querying for the manufacturer's ID.

I'm not saying this is the fix, but to me (hardware background), it looks like this could be the problem.

Could you please look into this and get new software to work on the newer AceKard 2.1

Just wanted to see if you could also look into this for AKAIO

Thanks

-another world

D

Deleted User

OP
awesome!!! im so excited for this firmware
biggrin.gif

Edit: btw i never tried 4.0.7 on my defective Acekard 2.1 do you know where i can download that post me a link if its allowed on gbatemp rules

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.phonearena.com/phones/compare/Samsung-Galaxy-S22+,Google-Pixel-8a/phones/11762,12219...