New Nintendo 3DS won't read DSTwo+

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Alkeohane77, Jul 18, 2016.

1. Alkeohane77
    OP

Alkeohane77 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 18, 2016
    United States
    So I've been scouring the internet for a couple of hours and I can't really find the answer that I'm looking for and I'm hoping that maybe I can get some help. If this was previously went over before then I apologize.

I recently bought a DSTwo+ flash cart. I loaded on the OS, the SNES emulator and a few ROMs. I loaded it in my New Nintendo 3DS and it worked fine. I turned it off and tried loading on the GBA emulator with some roms. Put it back in and now it won't read it. Took it out and put it in my other NN3DS and it didn't read the cart again. I turned it off, turned it back on and it loaded and I played roms on it again. Turned it off and a few hours and came back later and now it won't read the cart again. Is there something wrong with the cart itself or is it something with the system, firmware or OS? Anyone have any idea? I've tried re-formatting the SD card and putting the OS on again and no luck so I'm not too sure where to go from here.

2. TheCyberQuake

TheCyberQuake Certified Geek

Dec 2, 2014
    United States
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    If the 3ds isn't picking up the cart at all and only intermittently, it may be dirty contacts on the cart. Usually the culprit is oxidation. I would try to clean the contact with a qtip soaked in a little isopropyl alcohol. Just be sure to give the cart a few minutes after doing so to dry before trying to launch it again. I had the same problem back when I used the Acekard 2i. From what I recall the DSTwo+ Has an antioxidant layer, but it could also be other contaminants that block the card from having a good connection with the 3ds.

3. Alkeohane77
    OP

Alkeohane77 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 18, 2016
    United States
    I just tried using isopropyl alcohol and a q-tip and I am still getting the same result. So basically it's an issue with the connectivity to the system and not an issue with the OS or anything else?

4. TheCyberQuake

TheCyberQuake Certified Geek

Dec 2, 2014
    United States
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    If it works sometimes than I wouldn't think it would be an issue with the kernel or flashcard firmware. Usually an issue with the kernel wouldn't cause a card to not show up, but an issue with the cards firmware could potentially cause it. I would maybe see if anyone on the supercard forums could help with your problem if no one here can:
    http://forum.supercard.sc/forum.php

5. ninjanick999

ninjanick999 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 13, 2014
    United States
    I have had the same issue with the DSTwo+ and as odd as it seems, I think it is a power issue. Trying charging your system, make sure it's at full charge, then try to boot the DSTwo.

6. Mikemk

Mikemk GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Mar 26, 2015
    United States
    Firmware version 11.0 partially blocks the DSTwo+ (maybe also the non +).

Quickly load the flashcart after plugging it in, it should work.

7. aos10

aos10 how i fotochop?

Apr 10, 2012
    Saudi Arabia
    My normal ds2 is working good on 11.0.

8. YourHero

YourHero GBAtemp Maniac

Apr 22, 2010
    United States
    My N3DS does this with my GW as well. It is only sometimes and usually reinserting it once fixes it. Works 100% in my o3DS tho.

9. tbb043

tbb043 Member

Jan 30, 2008
    United States
    Usually when a flashcart does this, it's not dirty contacts, but that the cart isn't making good contact with the slot. Take a small piece of paper, like part of a post it note, and fold it in half between where the cart label is and the slot, to push the contacts in the cart better into the contacts in the slot. Just be aware it'll make it a tight fit so don't get the paper stuck in the, you might want to make sure it sticks out from the slot slightly so you can reach it to pull it out.

10. Alkeohane77
    OP

Alkeohane77 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 18, 2016
    United States
    Oh wow, thank you all for the info! I'll try this out tomorrow and I'll get back and let you know how it goes!

11. Alkeohane77
    OP

Alkeohane77 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 18, 2016
    United States
    Great, thanks for the heads up. I reposted my question issue there so hopefully that will help out as well.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

I tried this all day and it sadly didn't work. The system isn't even reading the card to be able to boot anything. Thanks for the suggestion though.

12. Alkeohane77
    OP

Alkeohane77 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 18, 2016
    United States
    Tried this too for a bit today. I really don't think it's a problem with reading the card anymore. I think it's just with the firmware. I'm trying to get a 2DS or a 3DS with an older firmware to try.