Hacking New Nintendo 3DS won't read DSTwo+

Alkeohane77

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I've been scouring the internet for a couple of hours and I can't really find the answer that I'm looking for and I'm hoping that maybe I can get some help. If this was previously went over before then I apologize.

I recently bought a DSTwo+ flash cart. I loaded on the OS, the SNES emulator and a few ROMs. I loaded it in my New Nintendo 3DS and it worked fine. I turned it off and tried loading on the GBA emulator with some roms. Put it back in and now it won't read it. Took it out and put it in my other NN3DS and it didn't read the cart again. I turned it off, turned it back on and it loaded and I played roms on it again. Turned it off and a few hours and came back later and now it won't read the cart again. Is there something wrong with the cart itself or is it something with the system, firmware or OS? Anyone have any idea? I've tried re-formatting the SD card and putting the OS on again and no luck so I'm not too sure where to go from here.

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If the 3ds isn't picking up the cart at all and only intermittently, it may be dirty contacts on the cart. Usually the culprit is oxidation. I would try to clean the contact with a qtip soaked in a little isopropyl alcohol. Just be sure to give the cart a few minutes after doing so to dry before trying to launch it again. I had the same problem back when I used the Acekard 2i. From what I recall the DSTwo+ Has an antioxidant layer, but it could also be other contaminants that block the card from having a good connection with the 3ds.

Alkeohane77

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just tried using isopropyl alcohol and a q-tip and I am still getting the same result. So basically it's an issue with the connectivity to the system and not an issue with the OS or anything else?

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just tried using isopropyl alcohol and a q-tip and I am still getting the same result. So basically it's an issue with the connectivity to the system and not an issue with the OS or anything else?
If it works sometimes than I wouldn't think it would be an issue with the kernel or flashcard firmware. Usually an issue with the kernel wouldn't cause a card to not show up, but an issue with the cards firmware could potentially cause it. I would maybe see if anyone on the supercard forums could help with your problem if no one here can:
http://forum.supercard.sc/forum.php

ninjanick999

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have had the same issue with the DSTwo+ and as odd as it seems, I think it is a power issue. Trying charging your system, make sure it's at full charge, then try to boot the DSTwo.

Mikemk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Firmware version 11.0 partially blocks the DSTwo+ (maybe also the non +).

Quickly load the flashcart after plugging it in, it should work.

YourHero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My N3DS does this with my GW as well. It is only sometimes and usually reinserting it once fixes it. Works 100% in my o3DS tho.

tbb043

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Usually when a flashcart does this, it's not dirty contacts, but that the cart isn't making good contact with the slot. Take a small piece of paper, like part of a post it note, and fold it in half between where the cart label is and the slot, to push the contacts in the cart better into the contacts in the slot. Just be aware it'll make it a tight fit so don't get the paper stuck in the, you might want to make sure it sticks out from the slot slightly so you can reach it to pull it out.

Alkeohane77

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have had the same issue with the DSTwo+ and as odd as it seems, I think it is a power issue. Trying charging your system, make sure it's at full charge, then try to boot the DSTwo.
If it works sometimes than I wouldn't think it would be an issue with the kernel or flashcard firmware. Usually an issue with the kernel wouldn't cause a card to not show up, but an issue with the cards firmware could potentially cause it. I would maybe see if anyone on the supercard forums could help with your problem if no one here can:
http://forum.supercard.sc/forum.php

Great, thanks for the heads up. I reposted my question issue there so hopefully that will help out as well.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I tried this all day and it sadly didn't work. The system isn't even reading the card to be able to boot anything. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Alkeohane77

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Usually when a flashcart does this, it's not dirty contacts, but that the cart isn't making good contact with the slot. Take a small piece of paper, like part of a post it note, and fold it in half between where the cart label is and the slot, to push the contacts in the cart better into the contacts in the slot. Just be aware it'll make it a tight fit so don't get the paper stuck in the, you might want to make sure it sticks out from the slot slightly so you can reach it to pull it out.

Tried this too for a bit today. I really don't think it's a problem with reading the card anymore. I think it's just with the firmware. I'm trying to get a 2DS or a 3DS with an older firmware to try.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: quite a tight bend on that 8pin->12pin adapter in my case, which is the worst case scenario, but...