New N64 Emulation Video Plugin GLideN64

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ED64's been updated, supports every game now except Animal Forest. But the ED64v3 is adding an RTC so it'll then support every game.

Still not paying $100 or so for a flashcard and more money for the SD card when I get this plugin for free lol. I can't go back to N64 native res after seeing how clear emulation is.

Inori Aizawa does a good job showing the list. isn't a html is a xml, that's why.

while this plugin has received a couple updates(MyGlide64), had been pretty much dead for 2 years now and right now I can't make it work properly on my laptop, it launches one time per boot, if I try to play a different game it just crashes until I reboot. looked with task manager with no luck.

and like someone said before, an update to framebuffer would be great, pixel shader can help accelerate that, or the render to texture hack dolphin uses.

That could be part of why he's updating, that and to fix many issues that have plagued emulation for years.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Gonetz defense force is going full steam already here I see.

What the hell is that supposed to mean? What the hell is your problem? What did he ever do to you? Man, that's quite the mature comment. Don't like it, don't use it. You're just against the furthering of N64 emulation,

Silentsurvivor

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What the hell is that supposed to mean? What the hell is your problem? What did he ever do to you? Man, that's quite the mature comment. Don't like it, don't use it. You're just against the furthering of N64 emulation,

See, that's what I mean. You can't say anything about this at all and one of you lot will quote and defend it and keep shilling on every damn site or forum you can post. You know very well what I'm talking about.

Emutalk said:
Looks like this was covered over at NGEmu as well. Where else do we need to spam? Anyone got some followers on one of those horrid social media sites that we could exploit?

I don't really care about this and I won't go on on why I think it's wrong. I'll leave it be, it'll get funded either way. But you can tell that the 64 scene is a shitstain when somebody gets around doing ransomware.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
See, that's what I mean. You can't say anything about this at all and one of you lot will quote and defend it and keep shilling on every damn site or forum you can post. You know very well what I'm talking about.

I don't really care about this and I won't go on on why I think it's wrong. I'll leave it be, it'll get funded either way. But you can tell that the 64 scene is a shitstain when somebody gets around doing ransomware.

Cool story bro. No really.

Silentsurvivor

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I already said I didn't care, you're free to carry on your shill campaign, I don't claim to have power or say over anything. You already proved my point.

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This doesn't seem right.
I understand that this guy developed the Glide64 plugin (my favorite graphics plugin for N64), but $6,000 for development of an update?
I could understand MAYBE half of that for a plugin built from the ground up, but we're likely going to see a few additions to the current Glid64 plugin. This isn't a problem, as the Glide64 plugin is great, and building on it makes sense. But $6,000 for doing so?

And is half of this thread really unrelated and personal shit flinging? Not going to name names, but someone needs a nap.

dalc789

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This doesn't seem right.
I understand that this guy developed the Glide64 plugin (my favorite graphics plugin for N64), but $6,000 for development of an update?
I could understand MAYBE half of that for a plugin built from the ground up, but we're likely going to see a few additions to the current Glid64 plugin. This isn't a problem, as the Glide64 plugin is great, and building on it makes sense. But $6,000 for doing so?

And is half of this thread really unrelated and personal shit flinging? Not going to name names, but someone needs a nap.

From the campaign description, it's not so much an update as an entirely new plugin, with the money supporting him spending the next several months working full-time to get it finished. Considering he says he's been working on it in his free time since 2013 it doesn't seem to be too much of a stretch.

Anyway, dropped $15 on this yesterday, hopefully it does reach it's goal and he gets the plugin done.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.techradar.com/gaming/consoles-pc/ayns-new-gaming-handheld-looks-like-a-psp-and-it-mig...