Hacking New N3DS XL to be owner questions..

NotHere

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all. I know there are some threads in here with NOOB friends tutorials and FAQ... but I was unable to find really what I want to know. Since I am new and don't really know anything, I really just want to know what I can or can't do in just a few questions. If anyone could help I would appreciate it.

From what I have read, there is a card called gateway and that helps you play games put on a mSD card. I also think there is an exploit that lets you install or boot a CFW. If that is so, here are my questions.

1. What would be best to do, the gateway or the exploit; Both?
2. What is the max version of the N3DS so that I can do either the gateway or the CFW?
3. Can someone indicate me a thread I can read on what I can do on either the gateway or the CFW?
4. Same as questions 1, what is the best cause I really want to know?

Thanks so much!

yarib

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1,4. CFW, its free rather than 60-80 bucks for it, and gateway only really helps with cheats/playing games faster(no need to install), as such there is no point in putting the extra money.

2. You can install CFW and gateway up to 9.2, however, every firmware can be downgraded, from 9.3 to 10.7 you can do it on your own. Anything 11.0+ and you need another 3ds already running CFW.

3. https://plailect.github.io/Guide/get-started

Reactions: HyperT and NotHere

Roomsaver

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd suggest installing A9LH. The maximum version to be able to install A9LH for free is 10.7. If it's on 11.0-11.2 you have to either buy a hardmod or have another cfw'd 3DS. You can follow this guide to install A9LH. Don't use any video guides.

Reactions: NotHere

AmenoSwagiri

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1,4. CFW, its free rather than 60-80 bucks for it, and gateway only really helps with cheats/playing games faster(no need to install), as such there is no point in putting the extra money.

2. You can install CFW and gateway up to 9.2, however, every firmware can be downgraded, from 9.3 to 10.7 you can do it on your own. Anything 11.0+ and you need another 3ds already running CFW.

3. https://plailect.github.io/Guide/get-started

CFW is not free if your system is v11.0 or over. It takes a lot more effort than a flashcart, and you will likely have to buy another 3DS under 11 in order to downgrade the other 3DS, or you will have to spend money on wires, a soldlering kit, and another SD card. In this case, a Flashcart is miles better, especially to someone like me, who only uses the 3DS once every few months to play a specific game release (Sky3DS+).

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Your best bet is sky3ds if you can't install cfw.
Only if you live in a country with no hardmodders. It is cheaper to send your 3DS to someone to hardmod it than it is to buy a Sky3DS. And a million times better. Sky3DS should only be a last resort (or used as a cartridge emulator for hax games if you deal with multiple region consoles).

NotHere

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Thanks :)... I got one on version 11.0 :( .. Guess I will keep looking as I don't want to hardmod it and don't really have another on CFW. Do I have to actually have another on CFW or if someone I know has one they can help me?
They can help you, but they'd have to lend you their console and they wouldn't have their data for a week (until they could transfer back).

NotHere

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just like for version 4.5..... is there a way to know by reading something on the box what version it might have?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
There is a list of serials for 9.2 and below consoles but not for 10.7 ones I don't think. If you try to get a limited edition one that's known to be under 11.0 that's the most guaranteed way. Plain coloured consoles are likely to be under 11.0. And ALL old 3DS and 3DS XL will be under. Nearly all 2DS will be under, but not particular limited editions or bundles. Eg the Sun/Moon ones probably come with 11.0.

NotHere

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is a list of serials for 9.2 and below consoles but not for 10.7 ones I don't think. If you try to get a limited edition one that's known to be under 11.0 that's the most guaranteed way. Plain coloured consoles are likely to be under 11.0. And ALL old 3DS and 3DS XL will be under. Nearly all 2DS will be under, but not particular limited editions or bundles. Eg the Sun/Moon ones probably come with 11.0.
Thanks so much :)... What is a limited edition? Like the galaxy one? Yeah, I got 2 new red ones already all on 11 :(

NotHere

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all. I'm back with another question I'm sorry.

If I have a New 3ds XL with a CFW hack on it. Can I use this to help me downgrade a regular 3ds xl on 11.2 to a hackable version?

Thanks.

Does downgrading a 3DS with version 11 or higher or: 11.2, need any soldering if I have a custom firmware N3DS XL already hacked?

@yarib @Roomsaver @AmenoSwagiri @Quantumcat

Sorry for tagging you but I feel you all might be able to answer me :).

Thanks.

Last edited by NotHere,

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Hi all. I'm back with another question I'm sorry.

If I have a New 3ds XL with a CFW hack on it. Can I use this to help me downgrade a regular 3ds xl on 11.2 to a hackable version?

Thanks.

Does downgrading a 3DS with version 11 or higher or: 11.2, need any soldering if I have a custom firmware N3DS XL already hacked?

@yarib @Roomsaver @AmenoSwagiri @Quantumcat

Sorry for tagging you but I feel you all might be able to answer me :).

Thanks.
No, it won't help. You can't transfer from New to Old, and that's a vital part of the process. (Unless your O3DS owns one of the four primary DSiWare hax games).

Reactions: HyperT

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo