Hacking New Member - Need advice

TBirdUK

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi all, have searched the forums and I have got all confused with how much/different stuff is out there.

I have a black Wii, on 4.2E which I have put the homebrew channel on but I am stuck where to go now. I want to be able to play my games from a usb hdd - I have ripped all the games to ISO files on my PC using imgburn but am stuck what to do next. Can someone give me a list of the best way to mod my Wii to allow me to put these iso files on my Hdd and then play them from there (reason being I move about a lot and my discs are starting to take the toll).

Many thanks and sorry if this is the millionth time you have been asked!

TBirdUK

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Many thanks, have been through that page but there are many choices - what is considered as the best way to go, I know I cant burn discs and use them on a Black Wii due to its dvd drive - is USB Loader GX the best at the moment?

TBirdUK

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Riley, is that having both Hermes and wannikos installed at the same time, and is where is CFG Loader, I can only find USB Loader GX, is it somewhere else on this site?

bwillb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Riley said:
Use CFG-loader with hermes and waninkoko's cios installed.
this. CFG USB Loader with hermes v5 is the most compatible fully featured USB loader I've tried so far, and it works just fine with FAT32 or NTFS drives.
GX has a nice professional interface but it likes to bug out a lot.

TBirdUK

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for all the replies, I am going to give it a go tonight - seems very complicated, each link I goto tells me I have to have something else installed or gives me several options. Am I right in saying that, on a 4.2e with HBC already installed and a wireless connection to the WWW I am just required to do the following:

Install Hermes via the HBC with cIOS222 Installer v5 extracted on an SD Card
then
Install Cfg USB Loader 56.zip via the SD Card again.

This will then give me the basics of loading the Cfg Loader through HBC and then running my ISOs from my USB Hdd (all the adding channels etc I can do when I get a bit more experience)

cheers

TBirdUK

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Having read even more it seems there are a few more steps, can someone confirm this all all of them for an officially updated 4.2e with the HBC installed using bannerbomb v2

Install Truncha Bug and remove Stub ISOs
Install Waninkokos using NUS Downloader (SD Card into Wii)
Install cIOS222 Installer v5 on SD Card to install Hermes to Wii
Install Cfg USB Loader 56.zip via the SD Card again

Its a shame there isnt a guide which takes you from a virgin machine as I have right the way to the end but as I have done its easy enough to work backwards from your end result.

Please could someone confirm I have not missed out any steps?

Cheers

bugaveli

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TBirdUK said:
Having read even more it seems there are a few more steps, can someone confirm this all all of them for an officially updated 4.2e with the HBC installed using bannerbomb v2

Its a shame there isnt a guide which takes you from a virgin machine as I have right the way to the end but as I have done its easy enough to work backwards from your end result.

Please could someone confirm I have not missed out any steps?

Cheers
there are 2 guides here, xzeros guide, and nusads auto guide generator. theyre in the stickies. and the usb loaders are found in the backup loader section of the forum. why is it so hard? follow these guides frm start to finish and we wont have to confirm anything for you, thats whaty he guide is for.

TBirdUK

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
JKR Firefox, many thanks for the link, just what I needed as I came to the forums from lifehacker but could search it as my works computer has a block on it. Much more helpful posting a link - I am new at this as stated hence all the questions, but thanks bugaveli for putting me straight!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: horny jail is full la