Country
United Kingdom
I can use my psp as a mass storage device now!!...cool
smile.gif

davidw89

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey there Wiicrazy, but is it possible to stream from your network using either wifi or the usb lan adaptor connected to your router (that's what i am doing)....like all my files are on my computer hard drive..any ideas?

Geebox works fine bro but you mentioned mplayerwii but i dont think mplayer supports wifi..

But yes this is working fine minus a few bugs with the wii remote but playback is smooth as..

geegee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I ran a few files as a test and they seemed to play fine. I could get any shoutcast or any internet streams to work. Also streaming files from a PC would be nice, not sure if it supports streaming video files???

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
davidw89 said:
Hey there Wiicrazy, but is it possible to stream from your network using either wifi or the usb lan adaptor connected to your router (that's what i am doing)....like all my files are on my computer hard drive..any ideas?

Geebox works fine bro but you mentioned mplayerwii but i dont think mplayer supports wifi..

But yes this is working fine minus a few bugs with the wii remote but playback is smooth as..

Video streaming doesn't work good in mplayerwii 0.3, it's jerky. It supports wifi, there are two test streams, one is a shoutcast audio stream and it works nicely, the other one is a video stream of a free tv music channel on the internet. The drawback is in the playing part possibly since I opened that test stream in vlc and played fine.

I changed the shoutcast stream in the sourcecode and compiled, it works. At least for audio you can stream from your pc with shoutcast. I used it at least 2-3 hours continously and there were no problems.

Problem with the Geexbox wii port is that it now supports usb-ethernet not wifi, if you have usb ethernet you can try.

davidw89

Trophies
XP
Country
I have wii usb ethernet connected to my router, could you detail instructions on how to get it working?

Iam trying out MPlayerWii v0.3..what's the difference compared to geebox? Also i've noticed it has no user interface whatsoever so how does networking work?

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
davidw89 said:
I have wii usb ethernet connected to my router, could you detail instructions on how to get it working?

Iam trying out MPlayerWii v0.3..what's the difference compared to geebox? Also i've noticed it has no user interface whatsoever so how does networking work?

I guess geexbox automatically detects usb ethernet card. if it doesn't you should edit the configuration files in GEEXBOX/etc folder. I don't have a usb ethernet adapter so I didn't much tweaked the settings, probably it was defaulted to WIFI.

For mplayerwii, I changed the shoutcast url and recompiled so that I could connect to a custom shoutcast server.

davidw89

Trophies
XP
Country
mplayerwii 0.3 doesn't work..crashes immediately when i load it..

I spent 30 minute fiddling around with geebox and there was no wifi/network settings whatsoever..
How do i edit the configuration files?? How did you do it..

exoskelett

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I got my WiiMote working with GeeXbox and realized how GENIUS this media player is oO
It even can play a format the VLC can't play xD

But one question:
Is there a list with all WiiMote-comands? Such like hold B and press home to get into the main menu and stuff... it's kinda hard to figure them out...

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
exoskelett said:
I got my WiiMote working with GeeXbox and realized how GENIUS this media player is oO
It even can play a format the VLC can't play xD

But one question:
Is there a list with all WiiMote-comands? Such like hold B and press home to get into the main menu and stuff... it's kinda hard to figure them out...

Here, in wiibrew there is the list of all commands. By the way you can use an usb keyboard too, there is a help section in the menu about the key you can use in the keyboard.
http://www.wiibrew.org/wiki/Homebrew_apps/GeeXboX

exoskelett

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Okay thanks =)

Next question: Which format do the playlist and slideshow files have to be? I search on several sites and tried out *.m3u playlists from VLC but it didn't work
frown.gif

Lord Kanti

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ive been using geexbox to watch anime from usb, grat with ftpii. few questions, anyone get repeat file glitches, where say you play file xx.02 and then try to play file xx.03 and then xx.04 but no matter what xx.02 plays no matter what geexbox says is loaded?

also how do i set up a playlist of files on usb so i dont have to click everytime i want to hear asong?

this will be great for my next party
smile.gif

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I really hope the next version of Geexbox can be used to create a channel. Too bad it doesn't work with the current one.

Can anyone explain to me how to change the key mapping?

kebabinho

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Lord kanti. how are you selecting which file to play. if you highlight the file and press the "A" button on the remote it plays the first file in the list (i think) irrespective of the file you have highlighted. you need to press the right arrow button on the remote.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill