New Mario Kart 8 Install Freeze & Beep

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by legmaster69, Jul 7, 2019.

1. legmaster69
    OP

legmaster69 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 7, 2019
    United States
    Hi, I've installed Mario Kart 8 along with Update v64 and the DLC using Wii U USB Helper but it freezes and beeps on start (i would link the video but i haven't posted enough). It has been completely re-downloaded twice and was installed using the latest WUP Installer (mod y) from the SD Card to NAND. I am using CBHC and i'm on version 5.5.3.

2. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    I suggest using WUPInstaller GX2 instead but I doubt it has anything to do with your problem.
    Are you making sure that you are booting into CFW before you install/run the game? If you boot straight into HBL from CBHC you won't be in CFW.
    It shouldn't matter if you don't have the DLC installed (not sure if it matters for updates) since the base game should not need CFW to work, but that depends on if the person who uploaded it made sure to use a legit ticket.

3. hemi426

hemi426 GBAtemp Regular

Mar 16, 2018
    Belgium
    set up cbhc to autostart in cfw that way you never have to worry.like @The Real Jdbye said you need cfw to use dlc.if you're not sure check if the firmware version is like 99999

4. Ziggatron

Ziggatron Member

Newcomer
    Jul 23, 2016
    i just had this isue with a few different games. my console is Euro but i was downloading USA games. some worked , some didnt. now i chooose Euro games and they are all working.

5. hemi426

hemi426 GBAtemp Regular

Mar 16, 2018
    Belgium
    If you should use cfw the region doesn't matter

6. Ziggatron

Ziggatron Member

Newcomer
    Jul 23, 2016
    Yep, its weird but it worked. tested on 3 games and they all work now.

7. legmaster69
    OP

legmaster69 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 7, 2019
    United States
    Yes, in settings it says 99.99.99 E but I don't think it's a CFW issue because like I said smash works.

Like I mentioned in the above Smash is a US copy and works seamlessly.

8. Ziggatron

Ziggatron Member

Newcomer
    Jul 23, 2016
    Yep, and like i said, some of my USA games worked and others didn't. Mario Kart 8 was one of them. Re Download a Euro version and try again.

9. legmaster69
    OP

legmaster69 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 7, 2019
    United States
    I am in Australia but i'll give it a go :).

10. Ziggatron

Ziggatron Member

Newcomer
    Jul 23, 2016
    I am also, Our systems are PAL (Euro). My game froze on the splash screen with a beep sound like a car horn. now its working flawlessly. hope it fixes it!

11. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    It matters for some games. Sometimes the game looks for files in a location dependent on the region/language, for example the game might be looking for files in a directory called "EUR_en", and if you're playing on a USA copy of the game, the files are actually in "USA_en" so it can't find them. Spiik can be used to force a certain region/language to make those games work. https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-spiik-region-language-changer.464126/

That might work for you @legmaster69
    Though it is always best to get games in the correct region, so the console is able to update them automatically, and you avoid any potential issues with region locked online.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye, Jul 7, 2019
    hemi426 likes this.
  12. hemi426

hemi426 GBAtemp Regular

Mar 16, 2018
    Belgium
    I use USB helper never had problems but most games are in region so like u said it's always best to stay in your region.except for region exclusive games

13. legmaster69
    OP

legmaster69 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 7, 2019
    United States
    Thank you so much!!! It works flawlessly now DLC and all.
    Much appreciated :)

Ziggatron and hemi426 like this.
  14. Ziggatron

Ziggatron Member

Newcomer
    Jul 23, 2016
    Awesome :)