new local multiplayer standard?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Games & Content' started by T3GZdev, May 25, 2012.

?

So what do you guys think will happen?

1. new local multiplayer standard will be 5(or 5+) players?

10 vote(s)
    76.9%
  2. new local multiplayer standard will stay 4 players.

4 vote(s)
    30.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
May 25, 2012

new local multiplayer standard? by T3GZdev at 6:29 PM (1,405 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. T3GZdev
    OP

Member T3GZdev head of T3GZdev

United States
    hi i was wondering, in the past most console local multiplayer games maxed at 4 players. same for wii, ps3, & 360.
    tho i wish some wii games would have actually used local 4p multiplayer like other consoles. couch! cod wii games... :nayps3:
    was thinking this gen tho since controllers went wireless & usb compatible more players would be possible but that would be impossible on a tv in splitscreen type games lol.

anyway the wii u can use wii u mote, & 4 wiimotes. & its been shown to play 5 player games (find mii, battle mii) does that mean the new standard for local multipalyer games will be 5 players instead of 4? (atleast for wii u that is)

imagine playing black ops 2 on wii u 5 players local finally lol. wii u mote, & other 4 players have options to use wiimote plus controlles or classic controller pro. :ninja:

[​IMG]

hmm so what do you guys think? black ops 2 wii u 5player local multiplayer, while the other consoles are stuck at 4 players?
    i wonder what a 5 player super smash bros wii u will be like? :creep: & hey if they allow more that 1 wii u mote then maybe 6 or 8 players. :ninja:

2. Wizerzak

Member Wizerzak Because I'm a potato!

United Kingdom
    I don't think it will be 'standard' as such, more that local multiplayer's standard will become: 1 person on the tablet + at least 1 other person wiimote (plus). Then it will have support for UP TO 5 players.

3. silver_ryder

Newcomer silver_ryder Advanced Member

Portugal
    If is true that Wiiu will suport 2 "tablet" could be 6 players at once.

4. LightyKD

Member LightyKD Future CEO of OUYA Inc.

United States
    OP You have a good point. I can only imagine how awesome Mario Kart will be when I can play with more than 4 players. The only hiccup in all of this is figuring out the limit of video feeds the Wii U can pump out.

5. duffmmann

Member duffmmann GBAtemp Addict

United States
    Well don't forget that even since the ps1, 8 player local multiplayer has been possible, the bomberman Wiiware game even allowed for up to 8 players locally. ButI do see what you're saying about the standard. I think it will be encouraged for up to 6 now because if 2 tablets being able to be connected, but realistically, it will probably be 4 max that you still play with.

6. Charon

Member Charon GBAtemp Regular

Slovenia
    Driift mania had 8p too :B

its just that local multiplayer isnt simple to do for consoles, unless its a minor fun game thats based around it from the beginning like those two examples.
    Having a single screen severly limits the possibilities.

7. Janthran

Member Janthran Solarian

United States
    I think the 3DS can also be used as a controller. Rather expensive though.

8. Charon

Member Charon GBAtemp Regular

Slovenia
    I want a new but proper local multiplayer FFCC so bad ._.

That game was amazing... that is, if you had at least 3 GBA, 3 GBA-GC-cables and a GC...
    If they made a new one for WiiU, the tablet would obviously be the first controller, and its not that unlikely for someone to own 3DS and WiiU, which takes the awesome experience requirement down to just an extra tablet (if they will support 2 of course) or one of these "3" players to own a second 3DS of the group.
    Its still expensive, but it seems much more doable, hence more people could play it as intended O:
    But seeing how Echoes of Time turned out, they'd probably make 3DS carts too -_______-