Gaming new local multiplayer standard?

So what do you guys think will happen?

• new local multiplayer standard will be 5(or 5+) players?

Votes: 10 76.9%
  • new local multiplayer standard will stay 4 players.

Votes: 4 30.8%

• Total voters

T3GZdev

head of T3GZdev
OP
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
hi i was wondering, in the past most console local multiplayer games maxed at 4 players. same for wii, ps3, & 360.
tho i wish some wii games would have actually used local 4p multiplayer like other consoles. couch! cod wii games... :nayps3:
was thinking this gen tho since controllers went wireless & usb compatible more players would be possible but that would be impossible on a tv in splitscreen type games lol.

anyway the wii u can use wii u mote, & 4 wiimotes. & its been shown to play 5 player games (find mii, battle mii) does that mean the new standard for local multipalyer games will be 5 players instead of 4? (atleast for wii u that is)

imagine playing black ops 2 on wii u 5 players local finally lol. wii u mote, & other 4 players have options to use wiimote plus controlles or classic controller pro. :ninja:

4pbo2.png

hmm so what do you guys think? black ops 2 wii u 5player local multiplayer, while the other consoles are stuck at 4 players?
i wonder what a 5 player super smash bros wii u will be like? :creep: & hey if they allow more that 1 wii u mote then maybe 6 or 8 players. :ninja:

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't think it will be 'standard' as such, more that local multiplayer's standard will become: 1 person on the tablet + at least 1 other person wiimote (plus). Then it will have support for UP TO 5 players.

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OP You have a good point. I can only imagine how awesome Mario Kart will be when I can play with more than 4 players. The only hiccup in all of this is figuring out the limit of video feeds the Wii U can pump out.

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well don't forget that even since the ps1, 8 player local multiplayer has been possible, the bomberman Wiiware game even allowed for up to 8 players locally. ButI do see what you're saying about the standard. I think it will be encouraged for up to 6 now because if 2 tablets being able to be connected, but realistically, it will probably be 4 max that you still play with.

Charon

Trophies
Website
saiph-charon.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Slovenia
Well don't forget that even since the ps1, 8 player local multiplayer has been possible, the bomberman Wiiware game even allowed for up to 8 players locally. ButI do see what you're saying about the standard. I think it will be encouraged for up to 6 now because if 2 tablets being able to be connected, but realistically, it will probably be 4 max that you still play with.

Driift mania had 8p too :B

its just that local multiplayer isnt simple to do for consoles, unless its a minor fun game thats based around it from the beginning like those two examples.
Having a single screen severly limits the possibilities.

Charon

Trophies
Website
saiph-charon.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Slovenia
I don't think it will be 'standard' as such, more that local multiplayer's standard will become: 1 person on the tablet + at least 1 other person wiimote (plus). Then it will have support for UP TO 5 players.
I think the 3DS can also be used as a controller. Rather expensive though.

I want a new but proper local multiplayer FFCC so bad ._.

That game was amazing... that is, if you had at least 3 GBA, 3 GBA-GC-cables and a GC...
If they made a new one for WiiU, the tablet would obviously be the first controller, and its not that unlikely for someone to own 3DS and WiiU, which takes the awesome experience requirement down to just an extra tablet (if they will support 2 of course) or one of these "3" players to own a second 3DS of the group.
Its still expensive, but it seems much more doable, hence more people could play it as intended O:
But seeing how Echoes of Time turned out, they'd probably make 3DS carts too -_______-

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkYA4rALqEE