New Kingdom Hearts 3 trailer shows off Big Hero 6 world

BH6.png

Gummi.png BH6World.png GummiMission.png
Square Enix have released a new Kingdom Hearts 3 trailer. This video finally gives us a look at the Big Hero 6 world, San Fransokyo, which was announced way back in 2015. It also reveals a new Keyblade transformation, the 'Nano Arms'. Also featured in the trailer are other worlds, Gummi Ship designs, and Gummi Ship missions.

Kingdom Hearts 3 launches on January 25th, 2019 in Japan, and four days later worldwide.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You're having double standards. You asked for a game and i pointed you one out wich you immediatly rejected. Lot of games are devoid of life and the one i pointed out is as much devoid of life as kingdom hearts is.

but it isn't. it literally isn't. you're either intentionally trying to misunderstand my point, or you're just entirely making it up.
not to mention that 'other games having sterile environments too' is in no way a good argument to begin with. other games don't try to bring to live the incredible worlds of disney and pixar.

I'm not saying KH should have the population density of a modern GTA, but it definitely should have more population than 3 shopmoogles and the 2-6 story characters.
Oddysee easily has 5-6 times that population for its arguably less than half sized worlds + environmental stuff like animals I had not even thought about initially.

Again, there really is no excuse for i.e. monsters inc being populated pretty much exclusively by just sully, mike, randall, maybe waternoose and buh.
or the inevitable 6 people inhabiting radiant garden. or the 5 in mickeys castle.
and god, if there should ever be a zootopia world, we'll probably get 5 animals.

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
vanitas is alive?
but it isn't. it literally isn't. you're either intentionally trying to misunderstand my point, or you're just entirely making it up.
not to mention that 'other games having sterile environments too' is in no way a good argument to begin with. other games don't try to bring to live the incredible worlds of disney and pixar.

I'm not saying KH should have the population density of a modern GTA, but it definitely should have more population than 3 shopmoogles and the 2-6 story characters.
Oddysee easily has 5-6 times that population for its arguably less than half sized worlds + environmental stuff like animals I had not even thought about initially.

Again, there really is no excuse for i.e. monsters inc being populated pretty much exclusively by just sully, mike, randall, maybe waternoose and buh.
or the inevitable 6 people inhabiting radiant garden. or the 5 in mickeys castle.
and god, if there should ever be a zootopia world, we'll probably get 5 animals.
No it doesn't at all lmao. You got fucking giant ass skyscrapers and most that you'll see is 1 or 2 cars driving and 20 characters at most. Cascade kingdom, no extra characters to be seen, Lake kingdom like 4 max, wooded kingdom NONE besides enemies, lost kingdom maybe a bird or 2, seaside kingdom a snail and a crab or 2. In what way whatsoever does the world of Mario odyssey feel more alive then Kingdom hearts ? And again the 3 shopmoogles 2-6 characters is something you're taking from a PS2 game. You haven't played KH3, you don't know how much life will be in the game plus that's besides the point. It was a stupid point to bring up. The world isn't populated by just those characters. You don't know if they just happen to be in an area where it's just solely them. Why the fuck do you even want a fucking marvel superheroes scene where an entire crowd is watching while Sora is battling heartless, nobodies and nightmares and so forth like it's a fucking avengers scene. It's just a dumb point to make !

Last edited by kumikochan,

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
No it doesn't at all lmao. You got fucking giant ass skyscrapers and most that you'll see is 1 or 2 cars driving and 20 characters at most. Cascade kingdom, no extra characters to be seen, Lake kingdom like 4 max, In what way whatsoever does the world of Mario odyssey feel more alive then Kingdom hearts ? And again the 3 shopmoogles 2-6 characters is something you're taking from a PS2 game. You haven't played KH3, you don't know how much life will be in the game plus that's besides the point. It was a stupid point to bring up. The world isn't populated by just those characters. You don't know if they just happen to be in an area where it's just solely them. Why the fuck do you even want a fucking marvel superheroes scene where an entire crowd is watching while Sora is battling heartless, nobodies and nightmares and so forth like it's a fucking avengers scene. It's just a dumb point to make !

once again, missing the point.
first of all people are usually inside skyscrapers and you see the hordes of them walking from one building to the next in one area too. and even if it wasn't, it's still dozens of times more populated than KH. heck, new donk city has more population than the entirety of KH2 and likely KH3 combined.

As for I don't know, we've all seen the trailers, every area they showed, everything that isn't a cutscene, is just clinically empty arenas with heartless spawning.
And any cutscene, once more, is limited to less than a handful of that worlds buddies or antagonists.
All these worlds where they talk about saving people from the heartless, protecting worlds, once in a while maybe they should show taht there's something to protect at all, because as it stands, a fire in a small town library endangers more people than the entirety of xehanorts decades long machinations ever could.

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
once again, missing the point.
first of all people are usually inside skyscrapers and you see the hordes of them walking from one building to the next in one area too. and even if it wasn't, it's still dozens of times more populated than KH. heck, new donk city has more population than the entirety of KH2 and likely KH3 combined.

As for I don't know, we've all seen the trailers, every area they showed, everything that isn't a cutscene, is just clinically empty arenas with heartless spawning.
And any cutscene, once more, is limited to less than a handful of that worlds buddies or antagonists.
All these worlds where they talk about saving people from the heartless, protecting worlds, once in a while maybe they should show taht there's something to protect at all, because as it stands, a fire in a small town library endangers more people than the entirety of xehanorts decades long machinations ever could.
I pointed you enough kingdoms out where there's no life at all. You're being biased. I guess you also never played Kingdom hearts Union X. Plus I don't think anyone would want their KH heart game to be a marvel avengers movie with destruction everywhere while Sora battles and people shouting and screaming for their lives. It is still a dumb point to make. Don't like, well don't buy it

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I pointed you enough kingdoms out where there's no life at all. You're being biased. I guess you also never played Kingdom hearts Union X. Plus I don't think anyone would want their KH heart game to be a marvel avengers movie with destruction everywhere while Sora battles and people shouting and screaming for their lives. It is still a dumb point to make. Don't like, well don't buy it

first of all, you're ignoring that the watering robots are the inhabitants of the wood kingdom and they're everywhere.
yes, even oddysee had worlds without many inhabitants. like that prehistoric world with the poison waters that only had some toads, some birds and some dinosaur guy. but considering its prehistoric, it makes sense there aren't many people.
the mini cloud arena for that bowser fight is empty, yeah, as is the destroyed castle with the dragon that probably killed everything. but it makes sense for them to be empty.
none of these are comparable to what's happening in KH. it doesn't make any sense for KH worlds to be this empty, like at all.
It's ok when sleeping beautys world is mostly empty since you're almost exclusively in maleficents castle/dungeon, or to only meet the dawrfs in snow white as you're almost only in the mines and forest.
it doesn't make sense for a running monster factory to be empty, or for a world like toy story to not have giants walking up and down the broadwalk, or have any people in sanfransokyo, a city that's a mishmash of two of the most overpopulated cities on the planet.

that is not biased, these are facts. you're the one making shit up trying to defend a game that's clearly wasting it's worlds and wasting them in 4k and widescreen will only make it worse. you're also the one making up weird strawman arguments like that marvel avengers thing? you make up nonsense and then pat yourself on the back for saying that nonsense is nonsense.

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
first of all, you're ignoring that the watering robots are the inhabitants of the wood kingdom and they're everywhere.
yes, even oddysee had worlds without many inhabitants. like that prehistoric world with the poison waters that only had some toads, some birds and some dinosaur guy. but considering its prehistoric, it makes sense there aren't many people.
the mini cloud arena for that bowser fight is empty, yeah, as is the destroyed castle with the dragon that probably killed everything. but it makes sense for them to be empty.
none of these are comparable to what's happening in KH. it doesn't make any sense for KH worlds to be this empty, like at all.
It's ok when sleeping beautys world is mostly empty since you're almost exclusively in maleficents castle/dungeon, or to only meet the dawrfs in snow white as you're almost only in the mines and forest.
it doesn't make sense for a running monster factory to be empty, or for a world like toy story to not have giants walking up and down the broadwalk, or have any people in sanfransokyo, a city that's a mishmash of two of the most overpopulated cities on the planet.

that is not biased, these are facts. you're the one making shit up trying to defend a game that's clearly wasting it's worlds and wasting them in 4k and widescreen will only make it worse. you're also the one making up weird strawman arguments like that marvel avengers thing? you make up nonsense and then pat yourself on the back for saying that nonsense is nonsense.
Everywhere ? Like what 5 or 8 at most ? Jezus you're biased as hell and are even ignoring all the points I made. You don't even know they're empty because you haven't played it yet. Plus it doesn't make sense for KH to focus on living worlds since it needs to focus on the characters and the story. The monster factory wasn't empty ( THEY WERE IN A SMALL ROOM ) and not in a huge open area. You don't like the game well don't fucking buy it instead of complaining. It's as simple as that. Don't buy it and bash on something else instead and let people in here enjoy the new trailer that got released. No it's not a strawman argument. I really don't want to see Keyblade wielders fight while people in the area go shouting, it breaks the story and the development of the story and the characters because the focus should be towards that and not towards worlds with a shitload of characters while you go fighting heartless all running besides you.
If you think they're wasting worlds and so forth then what the hell are you doing here ? If you don't like the game then go to a post about a game you like and talk about that instead constantly bashing Kingdom hearts. Again you don't know if the worlds are empty because it's not even out and you haven't played it and that's a fact !

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Everywhere ? Like what 5 or 8 at most ? Jezus you're biased as hell and are even ignoring all the points I made. You don't even know they're empty because you haven't played it yet. Plus it doesn't make sense for KH to focus on living worlds since it needs to focus on the characters and the story. The monster factory wasn't empty ( THEY WERE IN A SMALL ROOM ) and not in a huge open area. You don't like the game well don't fucking buy it instead of complaining. It's as simple as that. Don't buy it and bash on something else instead and let people in here enjoy the new trailer that got released. No it's not a strawman argument. I really don't want to see Keyblade wielders fight while people in the area go shouting, it breaks the story and the development of the story and the characters because the focus should be towards that and not towards worlds with a shitload of characters while you go fighting heartless all running besides you.
If you think they're wasting worlds and so forth then what the hell are you doing here ? If you don't like the game then go to a post about a game you like and talk about that instead constantly bashing Kingdom hearts. Again you don't know if the worlds are empty because it's not even out and you haven't played it and that's a fact !

That is still 5-8 in a world less than half the size of an average Kingdom Heart world and it's not a town or city or metropolis.
Go google what biased actually means. Hint: It's not disagreeing with bad arguments.
I've adressed all the points you made.
I like the game from a gameplay perspective and I could live with the worlds being a little empty to some degree on the old consoles, as they lacked the power to fill those worlds without slowing everything down. That excuse doesn't apply anymore. Making a world feel alive does not distract from the characters and the arguably convoluted and ultimately plotholeridden story.
And you keep making more strawman arguments. I'm not demanding every area of every world be filled with 500 humans. But in a damn town area where nothing else happens, where no heartless spawn, I want people to interact with me and to interact with one another and I want more than 2.
I'm also not constantly bashing kingdom hearts, i'm literally criticizing just one aspect that, with the advent of more hardware power, larger screens and resolutions, becomes more severe than it has before.

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
That is still 5-8 in a world less than half the size of an average Kingdom Heart world and it's not a town or city or metropolis.
Go google what biased actually means. Hint: It's not disagreeing with bad arguments.
I've adressed all the points you made.
I like the game from a gameplay perspective and I could live with the worlds being a little empty to some degree on the old consoles, as they lacked the power to fill those worlds without slowing everything down. That excuse doesn't apply anymore. Making a world feel alive does not distract from the characters and the arguably convoluted and ultimately plotholeridden story.
And you keep making more strawman arguments. I'm not demanding every area of every world be filled with 500 humans. But in a damn town area where nothing else happens, where no heartless spawn, I want people to interact with me and to interact with one another and I want more than 2.
I'm also not constantly bashing kingdom hearts, i'm literally criticizing just one aspect that, with the advent of more hardware power, larger screens and resolutions, becomes more severe than it has before.
Yeah I get that you want that but the game isn't out yet so it might be so that you can interact with more people. Remember KH2 or KH1 were you had people running around in twilight town and you could interact with them or in traverse town you had some people lingering around so i'm pretty sure that you'll get to see that again but with more people now. There's no reason for them not to do that if they did it with KH1 and KH2. I can agree with you that some games were more empty due to hardware. Birth by sleep and 358/2 days would be examples of that but they did try to add more people to interact with in KH2 so yeah I get what you're saying but the game isn't out yet and we'll see when it comes out if they do that or if they won't. Who knows at this point

Bimmel

~ Game Soundtrack Collector ~
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Yeah I get that you want that but the game isn't out yet so it might be so that you can interact with more people. Remember KH2 or KH1 were you had people running around in twilight town and you could interact with them or in traverse town you had some people lingering around so i'm pretty sure that you'll get to see that again but with more people now. There's no reason for them not to do that if they did it with KH1 and KH2. I can agree with you that some games were more empty due to hardware. Birth by sleep and 358/2 days would be examples of that but they did try to add more people to interact with in KH2 so yeah I get what you're saying but the game isn't out yet and we'll see when it comes out if they do that or if they won't. Who knows at this point
If I may say something to that discussion.

Clydefrosch bases his argument on the fact that all the trailer or gameplay to this date have shown really empty worlds. Sure, we don't know how the worlds are in the final version, but I have a bad feeling about this as well. Everything looks like it's made with a similar formula as Kingdom Hearts 2, just with awesome graphical improvement. As a fan of the series I really hope I'm wrong though and the developers learned from past weaknesses of their design.

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
If I may say something to that discussion.

Clydefrosch bases his argument on the fact that all the trailer or gameplay to this date have shown really empty worlds. Sure, we don't know how the worlds are in the final version, but I have a bad feeling about this as well. Everything looks like it's made with a similar formula as Kingdom Hearts 2, just with awesome graphical improvement. As a fan of the series I really hope I'm wrong though and the developers learned from past weaknesses of their design.
well to be fair kingdom hearts 2 twilight town had people walking in it and you could interact with them

Reactions: Bimmel

Bimmel

~ Game Soundtrack Collector ~
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
well to be fair kingdom hearts 2 twilight town had people walking in it and you could interact with them
That's right. I hope they improve that even further. I'm also against whole crowds of people, that would be strange in most of the places I guess. But some more people to really interact with would be a dream to feel even more invested in the world and it's other characters. :-)

Reactions: kumikochan

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
That's right. I hope they improve that even further. I'm also against whole crowds of people, that would be strange in most of the places I guess. But some more people to really interact with would be a dream to feel even more invested in the world and it's other characters. :-)
Yeah more like a base world like you had in KH1 wich would be traverse town and in KH2 you had twilight town. Maybe it also has something to do with Disney, that I don't know because it's usually the Disney worlds that are more empty. But yeah we'll see, hopefully tho eh

Reactions: Bimmel

Codemastershock

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I know this game is not open world, but since II, the "worlds" feel more like pretty corridors than anything else, so I don't know what they are complaining because the most loved KHII is extremely linear.
KHI had convincing worlds, even if they seemed smaller in comparison. Problem is that it had some annoying things such as Monstro's labyrinth or Wonderland and their room switching positions.

My problem with KH is that the crossover aspect was and it is weakening in favor of Nomura's characters, stories and designs,basically it is his version of Final Fantasy, the game mostly have original characters and very few Final Fantasy that remained are characters he designed (not wrote, that is why these characters have little to no relation to the source material. Sephiroth is NOT a dark side of Cloud, for example). The Disney stories, worlds and interactions feel like filler and fanservice material, if they were removed, the game would work the same. The only remaining important Disney character is Mickey, because he is still tied to many important events in the game.

I loved KH in it's innovative aspect of combining extremely different worlds in one place wonderfully and making every story it was based on work in a bigger scale. In the first game, the DIsney villains were mildly involved to the bigger picture, the second retains this but it is a little bit weak, but BbS, 358/2, DDD and so on they only visit a world waiting for something truly important happen.

I still like the game, but since I played the Nintendo spin offs, I couldnt appreciate in the same way anymore, especially Dream Drop Distance. I am still most fan of the PS2 trilogy (i like BbS too) and have them remastered for PS3, but KHIII could release tomorrow and I wouldn't bother to buy right away.

Last edited by Codemastershock,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: *yawn*