New Kingdom Hearts 3 trailer shows off Big Hero 6 world

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Daisy, Sep 10, 2018.

Front-page
    BH6.
    Gummi. BH6World. GummiMission.
    Square Enix have released a new Kingdom Hearts 3 trailer. This video finally gives us a look at the Big Hero 6 world, San Fransokyo, which was announced way back in 2015. It also reveals a new Keyblade transformation, the 'Nano Arms'. Also featured in the trailer are other worlds, Gummi Ship designs, and Gummi Ship missions.

Kingdom Hearts 3 launches on January 25th, 2019 in Japan, and four days later worldwide.

Discussion (55 replies)
  1. DinohScene

DinohScene Feed Dino to the Sharks

GBAtemp Patron
    DinohScene is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 11, 2011
    Antarctica
    Восторг
    OH HELL YES!

San Fransokyo, here I come!

Gon Freecss likes this.
  2. DinohScene
    This message by DinohScene has been removed from public view by DinohScene, Sep 10, 2018, Reason: Oopsie doodle, double post.
    Sep 10, 2018
  3. kumikochan

kumikochan GBAtemp Psycho!

Feb 4, 2015
    Belgium
    Tongeren
    Best game series ever

CallmeBerto and Bedel like this.
  4. Daisy
    OP

Daisy Contributor

pip Contributor
    Aug 17, 2015
    United Kingdom
    UK
    Tbh, I feel like Kingdom Hearts II is the only outstanding game in the series, but I'm still excited for Kingdom Hearts III.

RedBlueGreen and Ace001 like this.
  5. RedoLane

RedoLane GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 16, 2016
    Israel
    Darkness

6. Bedel

Bedel The key of the blade

Oct 28, 2015
    Kingdom Hearts vr was also anounced. I believe it's going to have some fights and cutscenes from all games (including KH3) , but not totally sure about it.

SS4 likes this.
  7. damiano2712

damiano2712 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 30, 2016
    Italy
    I'll gladly buy if it comes on the Switch.

8. Nerdtendo

Nerdtendo Your friendly neighborhood idiot

Sep 29, 2016
    United States
    I really need to play kingdom hearts. I wish they'd port the first two to a system I have.

9. kumikochan

Feb 4, 2015
    Belgium
    Tongeren
    Well I loved 358 2 days with the character development of Xion, birth by sleep was also really good and I liked dream drop distance 2. Story wise union X is the better story and I hope they remake that whole story as a 3d game instead of a mobile game. Feel like they can do a lot more with that regarding the future of kingdom hearts as a series

10. leon315

leon315 POWERLIFTER

Nov 27, 2013
    Italy
    I hope this game will dubbed in English, man, Sora sounds so weird with japanese voice

11. SonowRaevius

SonowRaevius GBAtemp Regular

Feb 26, 2013
    United States
    Not sure if you are aware, but there have been several official english voiced trailers for the game already....

12. leon315

leon315 POWERLIFTER

Nov 27, 2013
    Italy
    good to know that :)

13. _v3

_v3 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 12, 2013
    Croatia
    You take KH1 FM, wash it, take it out, let it dry, polish the mofo and you get KH2.
    Then you take KH2, take drugs, use some kind of lunar rock coated polishing machine, you make the mofo shine like the sun and you get KH2FM.
    Remember when Squeenix used to do that?? Anyone???

14. Clydefrosch

Clydefrosch GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 2, 2009
    Germany
    its going to be so painful walking through all these 4k widescreen areas and realizing they're all fucking dead.
    it's so clinically sterile, all you have is a random npc here or there and heartless.

all that shit could fly somewhat on the weak ps2, but on this hardware?

15. kumikochan

Feb 4, 2015
    Belgium
    Tongeren
    Gee don't complain that much. Most games are devoid of life. People always find a reason to complain it seems. If you want to complain about games being devoid of life then you should complain about most games

SpiffyJUNIOR and RedBlueGreen like this.
  16. SonowRaevius

Feb 26, 2013
    United States
    Don't know what the you're talking about honestly, in every videothey have shown much more lively areas than ever before with more enemies and allies on the screen than any of the previous games....

I mean, FFXV I can understand because you have pretty vast plains of nothingness between towns, with a few enemies dotting the map, but with KH3 it seems like there is always something to do anywhere you go.

kumikochan likes this.
  17. Clydefrosch

Clydefrosch GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 2, 2009
    Germany
    most games don't have you traverse worlds that ought to be brimming with life.
    enemies and your party don't qualify as life. they're always there.

Monsters INC should have you walk into 100's of different monsters at work.
    Toy Story should have you avoid humans gigantic feet as they walk their dogs.
    Sanfansokyo should be full of people akin tolike I dunno, San Andreas or something.

But none of them will be. You'll be able to count the non-enemy inhabitants of any single world on one hand.

Last edited by Clydefrosch, Sep 10, 2018
  18. ov3rkill

ov3rkill GBAtemp Maniac

May 10, 2009
    Australia
    in a cardboard box
    Can't wait for Thanos Trailer to make things perfectly balanced. :rofl2:

19. kumikochan

Feb 4, 2015
    Belgium
    Tongeren
    I'll give you one example of a game traversing through worlds that ought to be brimming with life. Mario odyssey. Pretty sure you won't have the same opinion about that ;)

RedBlueGreen likes this.
  20. SonowRaevius

Feb 26, 2013
    United States
    Most games, even ones that are suppose to be "Brimming with life" don't have that "life" because it bogs down the system and doesn't add anything to the game...

KH isn't even a fully free-roam game as they have shown there is still going to be room to room transitions and the worlds are only so big. This isn't like Grand Theft Auto, The Witcher 3, or any other sandbox/free-roam game.

Last edited by SonowRaevius, Sep 10, 2018
    kumikochan likes this.