GBAtemp Board Room
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
4. if you install google bar you can't find your Internet Explorer tabs bar

Why would you even intentionally install google bar?
unsure.gif

i have google bar on my IE6 since i update with IE7, it kept the setting from the IE6 somehow it lost the window Internet Explorer tab and Internet Explorer tab (file, edit, view, etc). things really get mass-up?!

firefox work lovely so smoothy! thank guys

HugeCock

Oh My....
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Firefox 1.5.07 works with every thing I throw at it now including .wmv THANK GOD...so no reason to really bitch about pages no longer working compared to IE...may have to check out 2.0 though suprised the fox didn't ask me to upgrade.

GameGeezer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Firefox seems to load faster in Windows Vista. Internet Explorer works well if you disable its "protected mode" but that kind of defeats the purpose. IE7 seems to be more bloated than Firefox or Opera...filled with unnecessary software that slows it down.

I'm using Firefox 1.5 with Vista now and it works fine. I'm hoping that firefox finds a way for an install to truely make firefox the default browser. As it is some things such as email links are defaulted to internet explorer which makes things awkward when you are funning firefox for other things. Perhaps this is done in 2.0.

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm waiting till it comes through as an automatic update in November. Hopefully that'll give them enough time to work any major bugs out. Not like I use IE anyway but it doesn't hurt to keep it updated.

Firefox has it's bugs (loading large images in a seprate tab chews cpu for some strange reason) but I prefer the custom window layout options over IE. As for 2.0, well, I'm waiting till 2 weeks after it gets released to upgrade, same bug-removal reason.

imgod22222

GBAtemp's Original No-faced Member
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I like firefox better. Why? Because its basic, drab look. It makes me (the user) think that this will run faster on my computer because it doesn't look like its the shyt, and has good security as another plus. However, I'd be more inclined to a browser with a look similar to the WMP11betas, the black look is sexy
biggrin.gif

tama_mog

Kupo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
FireFox tip: Use FireFox for your everyday browsing, and when you encounter an uncompatible page,use a little nice little extension called "IE Tab" which allows you to view the pages in FireFox using Internet Explorer, while its still inside the FireFox window:)

This is probably the best thing I've read on this forum. And it helps with my work as well. Thanks for the heads up, works beautifully.

mthrnite

So it goes.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
no firefox or IE7 for me, thank you.

go safari.

You like Safari, you should try Camino... I keep Firefox & Camino in my doc, using Camino mostly, unless I need to do something fancy like suuuuuck sum GRFX off a site. Once in a while I'll use Safari, but it's rare. The nice thing about Camino is that it it uses the Gecko engine (like Firefox), but it's also a Cocoa app (unlike Firefox) so you can still tap into the Mac's services, keychain, etc...
I like it because it's snappier than Safari, but lets me use the services menu (mainly for the speech, I like to be read to.)

It's free, you should try it, you might be surprised.

Extreme Coder

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Egypt
So you're saying that Camino is a mix of FireFox and Safari?
tongue.gif
I might have to say that to my bro when his Mac Mini arrives(he thinks Apple > M$) and while I do think the same way, I'd rather run Mac OS on an x86( in case I ever switch back to Ubuntu or Window$)
Which reminds me...
*goes to get torrent of Mac OS X on X86*
tongue.gif

x_comp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I like the changes in IE7 but I still prefer Firefox because it's clean, easily customisable and doesn't have as many exploits being targeted. Not to mention that it now has a built-in spellchecker and you can also carry it around with you without the need to gather files spread out everywhere.

I still miss the searchable cache feature from IE though. I could search through the text in cached websites so that it was easy to find a site I once been to but forgot to bookmark. If anyone knows an add-on that does that in FF then let me know
smile.gif

Speed wise, Opera still gives the smoothest browsing experience IMO. It feels like sites are just gliding across your screen! I would have stuck to it if it was as easily customisable as FF and had better compatibility with websites.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.