Hardware New internet and doa mobo

kjb1686

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone so i bought a motherboard a asus p867 deluxe i just got it. Upon removing the plastic cap i saw that a few of the pins were bent on it. So i went to the internet and found a tutorial on how to bend them back with a mechanical pencil so i did so.

Now i don't have a case seeing as i am recieving it tomorrow so i decided to breadboard it. Okay now here is the problem i have i plug the psu in and the power turns on then off immediatily. I have tried two PSUs and they both do the same thing so i am curious on how to do it. Also if your wondering how i am turning it on the motherboard has a button for power so i used that. I have tried taking the battery out for a minute to reset everything and that did nothing at all. I wish to use my new computer i have had so many problems with it.

Also i have recently recieved new internet and it seems for some reason windows firewall was blocking the internet and since i turned it off it is working perfectly. My question is why is windows firewall blocking connections?

kjb1686

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hopefully newegg allows me last time they screwed me over basically saying thermal paste was on the socket and pins were bent, but when i recieved said item the things they said were wrong weren't even there. Hopefully i will have better luck this time.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :sad:,:rofl2:, and:hrth::toot::hrth: at the same time. @SylverReZ
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ i did know that actually
    +2
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    LTT also did it
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    jdhello
    @SylverReZ that guy seriously spent over 2 grand on that hot wheels pc?
    +1
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    LTT is a noob
    Guy doesnt know wtf hes talking about half the time
    @SylverReZ that reminds me that my friend sells CRTs he gets cheap or free for hundreds of dollars. people are dumb
    +1
    And is incredibly annoying.
    man I just washed my shoes and they look exactly the same as before I washed them :|
    luckily they didn't fall apart
    Some CRTs are very much worth the price
    i used to go out to the recycling center every couple weeks and look at the crts and other electronics people would drop off. Usually screens were broken or severely scratched from being tossed around. Did find a good one here and there, but never anything like a 1080i widescreen crt.
    Or a good contition 40" Sony Trini that weighs 300 lbs. lol
    Literally 300 lbs. lolol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I have a few of those boat anchors in my basement I tried giving away but no one wanted them, So anyone close to Columbus, Ohio area that wants them, (26", 2x 19") please come get, for free.
    Dont know anyone wants those smaller ones. Most are after larger sizes and the kinda top of the line models
    Motion handling and input lag on those things destroy plasmas, led, oled
    I had some really nice CRTs I should've kept
    now I have all lcd
    one in particular I regret getting rid of oh well :|
    the Sonys and stuff I don't care about
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: the Sonys and stuff I don't care about