New internet and doa mobo

Discussion in 'Computer Hardware, Devices and Accessories' started by kjb1686, Apr 12, 2012.

Apr 12, 2012

New internet and doa mobo by kjb1686 at 4:41 PM (370 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. kjb1686
    OP

Member kjb1686 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Hi everyone so i bought a motherboard a asus p867 deluxe i just got it. Upon removing the plastic cap i saw that a few of the pins were bent on it. So i went to the internet and found a tutorial on how to bend them back with a mechanical pencil so i did so.

Now i don't have a case seeing as i am recieving it tomorrow so i decided to breadboard it. Okay now here is the problem i have i plug the psu in and the power turns on then off immediatily. I have tried two PSUs and they both do the same thing so i am curious on how to do it. Also if your wondering how i am turning it on the motherboard has a button for power so i used that. I have tried taking the battery out for a minute to reset everything and that did nothing at all. I wish to use my new computer i have had so many problems with it.

Also i have recently recieved new internet and it seems for some reason windows firewall was blocking the internet and since i turned it off it is working perfectly. My question is why is windows firewall blocking connections?

2. Originality

Member Originality Chibi-neko

United Kingdom
    If the power turns on and off immediately, there's most likely a short somewhere. Also I imagine the bent pins don't help.

3. kjb1686
    OP

United States
    Lovely looks like i am out of a computer for another two weeks yay. This was supposed to be built middle of last month.

4. Originality

Member Originality Chibi-neko

United Kingdom
    All the more ammo for complaining to customer service. Maybe they'll refund you the MoBo and give you another one free - after checking the damn thing works this time.

5. kjb1686
    OP

United States
    Hopefully newegg allows me last time they screwed me over basically saying thermal paste was on the socket and pins were bent, but when i recieved said item the things they said were wrong weren't even there. Hopefully i will have better luck this time.