Hacking NEW HomeBrew Channel 1.02 had usb support :D

nIxx

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Yeah but on the bug tracker it says it should be done and not that it´s already in HBC

And here the comment from dhewg
smile.gif

QUOTE said:
Low prio, I'll look into it within the next few years

LOL

So what i mean does actually anyone really started Homebrew from a USB Stick or so or this only a rumour.

Nevermind it works as long as you don´t have a SD Card inserted
wink.gif

thebobinc

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
nIxx said:
Yeah but on the bug tracker it says it should be done and not that it´s already in HBC

And here the comment from dhewg
smile.gif

QUOTE said:
Low prio, I'll look into it within the next few years

LOL

So what i mean does actually anyone really started Homebrew from a USB Stick or so or this only a rumour

i did it is not an rumour , i just tried again an i launch usb loader gx , launch guitar hero metallica , so you may wanna give a try with different apps
wink.gif

WiiBlaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i confirm it works, just remember when partitioning your USB Drive partition the fat32 in first partition then partition your WBFS, or it wont load

the only thing i dont like about it is, if you have a sd card in your Wii doesn't matter if you have in apps on it or not the HBC will not load the apps from the Usb Drive

thebobinc

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
WiiBlaster said:
i confirm it works, just remember when partitioning your USB Drive partition the fat32 in first partition then partition your WBFS, or it wont load

the only thing i dont like about it is, if you have a sd card in your Wii doesn't matter if you have in apps on it or not the HBC will not load the apps from the Usb Drive

ya i test it as well could not find a way to make it work to scan both , probably in the next revision

if you can't see the apps try to reload it did that to me but when reloading the apps showed after

WACOMalt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Either HBC needs to support WBFS file system drives (so I can keep everything on one partition) or, the usb loader needs to support NTFS, or any other common file system. I'd even be happy with HFS+ or something of that sort (macdrive for windows is good)

Until then, SD loading is all I willw ant, as having to have either two partitions or two separate drives is redunkulous.

Of course HBC supporting WBFS would be even more annoying unless someone released a driver for native support in windows explorer for WBFS (like macdrive does for HFS+)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv6vlP2qSyo