Hacking New Gateway 3.1.1 update (with Cubic Ninja support!)

Raz266

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just asking, but is your N3DS's FW happen to be 8.1? Those of us with 8.1 FW are not able to open the Multi-Rom in GW mode, yer hafta put the 3DS in standby mode to dl the latest FW, then update that way.

Nah its 9.2.2, maybe its the Rom Files or their currupt going to have a play around and see whats up.

kactusss

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Anyone knows if I can launch the gateway menu from an old 3ds 9.2 with cubic ninja ?
No you can not.

Gateway-3ds.com said:
NOTE: Support for launching the Gateway menu through Cubic Ninja or Zelda Ocarina of Time on the Classic 3DS is not implemented yet.
If we get enough interested users we will consider implementing it for the Classic 3DS too.

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anybody know why the Gateway team states this only works for N3DSXL <= 9.2? The Cubic Ninja has not been patched on the most recent system version, so why will this not work on anything after 9.2?

blindseer

Past Generation Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anybody know why the Gateway team states this only works for N3DSXL <= 9.2? The Cubic Ninja has not been patched on the most recent system version, so why will this not work on anything after 9.2?
Because there are more than one exploits at work here, while the CN exploit might still be in the wild, the kernel access exploit has been patched past 9.2.

Reactions: OrGoN3

Raz266

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Nah its 9.2.2, maybe its the Rom Files or their currupt going to have a play around and see whats up.

Just a quick Reply to myself, Yeah it was The games corrupted or something, seems to work fine when I tried another game.

TTB82

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Installing Gateway right now with CN on my N3DS XL with v9.2 firmware.
What should I do: run my installed applications and purchases on sysnand or emunand. This will be emunand I guess...

Fatalanus

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Just ordered CN for 40 eur. I want to backup my games, like that I'll be able to travel without the fear to loose them. xD

Erol

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Yay! Its working! Awesome! Glas I didn't waste money on The Sky3DS. Lol

Can I turn streetpass on and keep it on, when the 3DA is in standby? Can I access the eShop, when I'm in gateway mode?
Or will this lead to any problems?!

MrJason005

√2
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece

Can I turn streetpass on and keep it on, when the 3DA is in standby? Can I access the eShop, when I'm in gateway mode?
You shouldn't leave the 3DS in sleep mode while in sysNAND since it will get the update nag.
You can however use all of those functions in Gateway Mode.

Reactions: Erol

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

As Jason said, don't do that in sysNAND. You can however boot to GW mode and leave in sleep mode and streetpasses will flow normally.

Reactions: Erol

Miles54321

Trophies
Website
derbergerac.com
XP
Country
the sky3ds does more so of course it's the better option that way but personally even though i have ordered a sky3ds card i still rather have a ninja cube because it has a far superior build quality (made by nintendo). ;)

Does more? but gateway finally released cubic ninja and zelda oot support, sky is useless if you have a gateway imo

Reactions: MrJason005

satel

Luigi's Big Brother
Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
gateway & n3ds don't like my 64gb micro sd card. i will try one more time if still no luck i will have to downgrade to 32gb micro sd. anyone else having problem with 64gb ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @AncientBoi, yea