Hacking New Gateway 3.1.1 update (with Cubic Ninja support!)

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys can someone tell me? I have unlinked my sysnand and emunand. Now do I have to create NNID in both nands or only in emunand?
Well there used to be a problem setting up a NNID in emunand if there wasn't on in sysnand for a lot of people though I never had that problem for some reason. I would try it in emunand and if you get an error code then go back and do it in sysnand first. I currently do not have NNID in sysnand on all 3 N3DSs.

Jornax

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
While I'm waiting for my Gateway to show up, I'd like to read up on how to play ROMs online (or local multiplayer) on my N3DS using a private header. Can I use the Cubic Ninja cartridge that I've already got (which is just laying around until my GW arrives) for extracting its header? Or do I need to buy some other new retail game (that perhaps needs to have online functionalities itself)?

And could someone please be so kind as to link me to a guide or video that explains all the steps that I need to do (and programs that I might need) for extracting a header from a legit retail game and injecting them into a ROM? Among other stuff, I've read that I need to change the ROM's extension from .3ds to .3dz, but there's more to it than that I suppose?

jimskeet2002

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Well there used to be a problem setting up a NNID in emunand if there wasn't on in sysnand for a lot of people though I never had that problem for some reason. I would try it in emunand and if you get an error code then go back and do it in sysnand first. I currently do not have NNID in sysnand on all 3 N3DSs.

Thanks. Great to play on N3dsXL my roms :)
The only thing I hate is that I can't transfer the retail save from my Luigis Mansion 2 Cart :nayps3:

thorasgar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks. Great to play on N3dsXL my roms :)
The only thing I hate is that I can't transfer the retail save from my Luigis Mansion 2 Cart :nayps3:
Do you have Cubic Ninja? Then you can now. Go look in the NTR 2 CFW savegame manager thread. That combined with savedatafiler will get the job done. Cell9 has done an excellent job. Read the thread and there is even a post with some specific instructions. I plan on doing some of this shortly. Good luck.

jimskeet2002

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Do you have Cubic Ninja? Then you can now. Go look in the NTR 2 CFW savegame manager thread. That combined with savedatafiler will get the job done. Cell9 has done an excellent job. Read the thread and there is even a post with some specific instructions. I plan on doing some of this shortly. Good luck.

REALLY??? Thanks a lot!!!!

Edit:
Do I have to install a cfw to do that? I would prefer to keep my n3dsxl the way it is without custom firmwares :S

Miles54321

Trophies
Website
derbergerac.com
XP
Country
You can install v 1 on old 3ds but as I just mentioned in the other thread I don't think that is necessary.

Quick question, my 3ds was like "error has occured" after leaving it in emunand sleep mode for a while, is there anything I can do it to keep it in emunand for long periods of time?

thorasgar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick question, my 3ds was like "error has occured" after leaving it in emunand sleep mode for a while, is there anything I can do it to keep it in emunand for long periods of time?
Hard to say what caused that. I get it sometimes while running the exploit but II do not recall getting it in sleep mode yet. It maybe a contact issue or it was bumped or just a software hicup. Just reboot and investigate further if it becomes a more than occasional problem. Remember we are still in beta. :)

Miles54321

Trophies
Website
derbergerac.com
XP
Country
Hard to say what caused that. I get it sometimes while running the exploit but II do not recall getting it in sleep mode yet. It maybe a contact issue or it was bumped or just a software hicup. Just reboot and investigate further if it becomes a more than occasional problem. Remember we are still in beta. :)

Gotcha, btw im currently adding these games to play :D

- Luigis Mansion 2 Cia
- Super Pokemon rumble cia
- Animal crossing Cia
- Yoshis new island cia
- Mario party island tour 3ds rom (Cus its offline)

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wait , what?
you are saying that this NTR CFW can do things that GW can't?
why can't he just use GW menu back up and restore sav from cart?

is it because LM2 sav is 128 KB or less , i forget but i read somewhere that OOT save backup from cart can't be used with a ROM/CIA because the sav backup file is too small and that only cart sav backup files from over a certain size (128 kb i think)will work with ROMS /CIA

so can this NTR CFW be used to somehow convert those to make them work with a ROM or CIA?

Jiro2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
an I use the Cubic Ninja cartridge that I've already got (which is just laying around until my GW arrives) for extracting its header? Or do I need to buy some other new retail game (that perhaps needs to have online functionalities itself)?

You can use any game, whether it's online or not, including the Cubic Ninja you already have.

thorasgar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wait , what?
you are saying that this NTR CFW can do things that GW can't?
why can't he just use GW menu back up and restore sav from cart?

is it because LM2 sav is 128 KB or less , i forget but i read somewhere that OOT save backup from cart can't be used with a ROM/CIA because the sav backup file is too small and that only cart sav backup files from over a certain size (128 kb i think)will work with ROMS /CIA

so can this NTR CFW be used to somehow convert those to make them work with a ROM or CIA?
Yep. This new CFW looks to almost eliminate our legacy retail carts except for a few like AC, SSB, XY not sure on those yet.

Not sure on this game but yes GW can only restore 512kb saves and cannot handle 6.x encrypted saves.

I don't think a whole lot of people realize this yet, but this is HUGE in my opinion. Jimskeet is over there now trying it out, I will get to it hopefully tomorrow. Go check it out, read the threads and get a handle on it. I have not used SDF yet but it really doesn't look very complicated and the CFW just goes away on reboot so it is not going to complicate emunand.

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep. This new CFW looks to almost eliminate our legacy retail carts except for a few like AC, SSB, XY not sure on those yet.

Not sure on this game but yes GW can only restore 512kb saves and cannot handle 6.x encrypted saves.

I don't think a whole lot of people realize this yet, but this is HUGE in my opinion. Jimskeet is over there now trying it out, I will get to it hopefully tomorrow. Go check it out, read the threads and get a handle on it. I have not used SDF yet but it really doesn't look very complicated and the CFW just goes away on reboot so it is not going to complicate emunand.
so do i need to have the NTR cfw installed to dump the sav or can i make the dump with GW menu,and then have someone with the NTR CFW convert it for me?

thorasgar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so do i need to have the NTR cfw installed to dump the sav or can i make the dump with GW menu,and then have someone with the NTR CFW convert it for me?
I am fairly certain you need to make the game save dump with NTR because after that the process is with SDF and we could do that part before. NTR can decrypt the 6.x save which is something SDF couldn't do with Palantine.

Btw. Jimskeet got it to work with Luigies Mansion.

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am fairly certain you need to make the game save dump with NTR because after that the process is with SDF and we could do that part before. NTR can decrypt the 6.x save which is something SDF couldn't do with Palantine.

Btw. Jimskeet got it to work with Luigies Mansion.
i have no idea what you just said i have never even used or installed SDF before all this shit is way over my head i never fucked about with sav's it's waaaaaaaay to fucking complicated its less hassle to just play the fucking game back to the point i was at than bother with all this shit
i only even have 2 retail carts with sav's anyways ,it's just not worth it to try and figure out for me, plus GW will probably come out with an easy fix soon

so if i backup my OOT cart sav with GW menu(which i have already done and also successfully restored to my OOT cart after installing the GW hacked entrypoint sav file)

then someone with this NTR CFW plugin and SDF and stuff could
if they also have a OOT cart and a GW, use GW menu to restore my OOT GW sav backup taken from my cart to their OOT cart
then dump the save from it with this NTR thing and convert it for me so ican use it with a rom from GW card or with a OOT CIA or both?
or is there some other console or cart specific encryption that would prevent that form working?

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone been able to successfully get the ambassador stuff running on emunand with the Gateway yet? It ticks me off that I still can't play any of the GBA VC... or the DSiWare that is rightfully (and legally) mine.

jimskeet2002

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Guys I think I noticed something weird.
I have my sysnand and emunands unlinked. I have fake connections on sysnand wifi.
I used the CN exploit yesterday with 100% success on launching... And I used it over 30times only yesterday with no fail on launching at all. Notice that I had the wifi enabled all day yesterday. Today I turned off wifi and I tried to launch CN exploit. 3 Times it failed in row. I suspected that it could be because I turned off wifi. I turned wifi back on and the CN exploit launches again without any issue.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @BakerMan - you can still "own" digital media, arguably easier and better than physical since you can make copies and backups, as much as you like.

The issue is DRM
  • cearp @ cearp:
    You can buy drm free games / music / ebooks, and if you keep backups of your data (like documents and family photos etc), then you shouldn't lose the game. but with a disk, your toddler could put it in the toaster and there goes your $60

:rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning music to cds
  • cearp @ cearp:
    It's nice to not have to have a lot of physical things though, saves space
    +1
    Nor clothes 🤮 . Saves on time, soap, water and money having to wash them. :D
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @rqkaiju2, Physical media is a great source for archiving your data, none of that cloud storage shiz.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @rqkaiju2, Physical media is a great source for archiving your data, none of that cloud storage...