MajinCubyan

The Funky Super Saiyan
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It looks interesting, very actiony and fast paced. A lot of people just aren't into turn-based RPG's anymore, like the SNES days. I'm a huge fan of them myself and have had a hard time getting into the newer FF games, but I always give them a try.

On a side note, they have been working on this game for goddamn ever. First trailer of it gave me chills cause it looked intense as hell. I think I was 20 then. Haha.

henn64

I don't know what I'm doing with my life.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Metal gear solid ? Lol i think you all forgot that square enix had walking mechs in their games way before metal gear even existed and how is copyjng from chrono trigger even seen as copying since it comes from a portion of the same company.
Walking mechs and walking mechs that look like metal gear REX with compound eyes are two different things. And, owning an idea doesn't mean that reusing it isn't copying.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Copy Fantasy 15.

Dishonored style teleporting to objects? Check
Sneaking around like Metal gear solid? Check
Big robots that walk on 2 legs like Metal gear solid? Double Check
Big open MMO style world with very little in it? Check
Kingdom hearts style combat? Check
Chrono trigger style team attacks? Check
Free aiming gun turrets like call of duty? Check

i actually love the final fantasy series but its hard not to notice these things

Don't forget how it has you press buttons like other videogames!!!!

Fuckin' seriously? It's not copying to have something similar or even the same. Especially such base and vague accusations.

Sneaking around, you mean like literally every stealth game, or game with a stealth element in it? (there's a lot)
Big robots walking on 2 legs, well i believe dishonored also had those, so does star wars. So does mech warrior.
Open World you've never explored or seen - great judgement bro
Kingdom hearts style combat. You mean action combat? Congrats, you noticed an entire-fucking-style of combat used by hundreds of games.
Chrono trigger team attacks - many, many games use team attacks. It's not entirely unheard of in turn based RPGs and even some action ones like more recent Tales titles. It's not always super obvious either, but still there.
Gun turrets, like 90% of FPS, many 3PS, tons of action games, etc?

Just because a game did it first, doesn't mean another game can't also do it. If that were the case, we'd get probably one game a year and gaming would be dead already. The movie industry as well. Probably books too.
The level of stupidity and ignorance in your post led me to believe i'd find a "just kidding" in that spoiler, or a troll face since I had hopes they no one would be dumb enough to seriously post what you just did.

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium

Fuckin' seriously? It's not copying to have something similar or even the same. Especially such base and vague accusations.

Sneaking around, you mean like literally every stealth game, or game with a stealth element in it? (there's a lot)
Big robots walking on 2 legs, well i believe dishonored also had those, so does star wars. So does mech warrior.
Kingdom hearts style combat. You mean action combat? Congrats, you noticed an entire-fucking-style of combat used by hundreds of games.
Chrono trigger team attacks - many, many games use team attacks. It's not entirely unheard of in turn based RPGs and even some action ones like more recent Tales titles. It's not always super obvious either, but still there.

Just because a game did it first, doesn't mean another game can't also do it. If that were the case, we'd get probably one game a year and gaming would be dead already. The movie industry as well. Probably books too.
The level of stupidity and ignorance in your post led me to believe i'd find a "just kidding" in that spoiler, or a troll face since I had hopes they no one would be dumb enough to seriously post what you just did.
Atleast someone else besides me understands.

Reactions: Cortador

Clearmist

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
This pisses me off. This trailer is dripping with JRPG clichés. I can't stand listening to the grunts, sighs and other breathing related sound effects that seem to be a requirement in anime. The costumes are ridiculous. The stealth mechanics look like a ripped-off splinter cell. Why is it so hard for Japanese designers to get the action genre correct?

oxitran

Trophies
XP
Country
We all know why Final Fantasy has turned to this crap. Alot of people who played final fantasy 10 after the explosion of the PS2 into casual land where annoyed by final fantasy 13 when it came out. Square Enix then after receiving tons of misplaced hatred towards a game they invested millions into and years of development time then went full retard in response to the backlash. Which is a shame, Final Fantasy 13 was a good game with a slow start just like another game in the franchise, you know, the old midgar dredge. So yeah basically here we have square enix having no idea how to please their current fan base that is competing with youtube and twitch chat for most carcinogenic award of the century.

The FFXV demo was a mess, the game was empty, the gameplay was shit, and the camera didnt know if it was supposed to be first person or third person. Kingdom hearts is loved by many, many who played it when they were 10 and can only see the franchise through nostalgia goggles, they dont see the horrid controls of the battle system and how infuriating it is to alot of people even to this day. So why the hell do they think its a good idea to have it here? Also why the hell is this now FFxMGS? I mean the phantom pain was less metal gear than this trailer.

Reactions: Clearmist

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
We all know why Final Fantasy has turned to this crap. Alot of people who played final fantasy 10 after the explosion of the PS2 into casual land where annoyed by final fantasy 13 when it came out. Square Enix then after receiving tons of misplaced hatred towards a game they invested millions into and years of development time then went full retard in response to the backlash. Which is a shame, Final Fantasy 13 was a good game with a slow start just like another game in the franchise, you know, the old midgar dredge. So yeah basically here we have square enix having no idea how to please their current fan base that is competing with youtube and twitch chat for most carcinogenic award of the century.

The FFXV demo was a mess, the game was empty, the gameplay was shit, and the camera didnt know if it was supposed to be first person or third person. Kingdom hearts is loved by many, many who played it when they were 10 and can only see the franchise through nostalgia goggles, they dont see the horrid controls of the battle system and how infuriating it is to alot of people even to this day. So why the hell do they think its a good idea to have it here? Also why the hell is this now FFxMGS? I mean the phantom pain was less metal gear than this trailer.
Not true at all, the problem with FF13 was that it was way too linear. Combat system sucked, no more exploration, no more big cities with taverns and shops or even any city life at all. You had to follow the path they chose you to do so. In other final fantasy's you also had to follow the path they wanted you to follow but you were free to explore and go back to areas previously visited and you could do meaningfull subquests instead of talking to a dumb crystal giving you a quest. Don't get me wrong, i liked the story of FF13 but the problem itself was them trying to westernise their games more and you can really see that in 13. With this game and even when playing the demo i felt like they went back to their roots. Jrpg's aint all about turn based combat, there have been plenty examples of games not doing so and still attaining the JRPG genre. I think they're finally doing it right again with this game and that they recaptured the essence of what their company big in the first place way back then.

Last edited by kumikochan,
D

Deleted User

Metal gear solid ? Lol i think you all forgot that square enix had walking mechs in their games way before metal gear even existed and how is copyjng from chrono trigger even seen as copying since it comes from a portion of the same company.

The first Metal gear appeared in 1987, the first Final Fantasy with Mechs appeared in 1994 (with MGS1 appearing in 1997 of course).

Still its not copying eitherway, Gundam was doing 2 legged mechs back in 1987 too, and several things were doing it before even then.

People keep jumping to conclusions like 'the game contains X that was done before in Y game' yeah... so? Lots of games use somewhat similar pieces in different ways, did people forget this?

Why is this marked as a trailer, its not a trailer its footage, footage and a trailer aren't the same thing. If they were this game would have a good 30 trailers by now.

Last edited by ,

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
The first Metal gear appeared in 1987, the first Final Fantasy with Mechs appeared in 1994 (with MGS1 appearing in 1997 of course).

Still its not copying eitherway, Gundam was doing 2 legged mechs back in 1987 too, and several things were doing it before even then.

People keep jumping to conclusions like 'the game contains X that was done before in Y game' yeah... so? Lots of games use somewhat similar pieces in different ways, did people forget this?
Never said Final fantasy but said square enix meaning square or enix had games with mechs in it before then. But either way yeah comparing this to other titles is dumb and stupid.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

not that you're not right, but it does feel like this final fantasy game is taking a lot of stuff from all kinds of games a final fantasy game wasn't for like 13/15 of its existence

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
not that you're not right, but it does feel like this final fantasy game is taking a lot of stuff from all kinds of games a final fantasy game wasn't for like 13/15 of its existence

13 actually got progressively more actiony. 1 was still tied to the ATB system but it did make it a lot more fast paced and focused on controlling a single character, then 2 and 3 both just went much more actiony.
So the change has been coming slowly and XV they finally made the jump. Though it is worth mentioning that stuff like Crisis Core and Type-0 also tried out action combat. Yeah they're spin-offs but it does show they were at least interested in trying out action combat to see how it went. It's also confirmed to not just be a "gimmick" and they seem to be genuinely interested in making the jump given they also made the ballsy decision to also have the FF7 remake be made with an action combat system as well (sounds like they are trying to stay faithful to the original by making it more tactical-action than anything).

This pisses me off. This trailer is dripping with JRPG clichés. I can't stand listening to the grunts, sighs and other breathing related sound effects that seem to be a requirement in anime. The costumes are ridiculous. The stealth mechanics look like a ripped-off splinter cell. Why is it so hard for Japanese designers to get the action genre correct?

Yeah those filthy japanese peasants should learn from brilliant western action games like Dark Souls, Ninja Gaiden, Bayonetta, Devil May Cry...

oh wait.

Last edited by Hells Malice,

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
Am I the only one who actually hates this :(

I am a HUGE final fantasy fan. I spent thousands of dollars on their stuff.. Limited editions or merchandise and whatnot.. But this isn't final apfantasy any more.. It's like metal gear or something.

I love the concept of metal gear, but it's just not my game. I don't understand why they felt it was necessary to change what final fantasy is supposed to be.

Sigh.. That's my opinion afterall. It seems from the comments people like this. But I'm not looking forward to it :(

D

Deleted User

Looks cool to me. The start of the trailer reminded me of Assassin's Creed and Batman: Arkham Asylum. Wont be getting this anytime soon though, I still don't have a PS4 and I still remember making the huge mistake of paying $120 for FF13 at launch. I definitely did not get my money's worth from that.

Edit:
I think part of the reason this game is getting so much scrutiny is because Final Fantasy is such a hugely popular title (though overrated if you ask me) and because this game is breaking the series tradition.

Last edited by ,

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
UOTE="madridi4ever, post: 6037743, member: 124719"]Am I the only one who actually hates this :(

I am a HUGE final fantasy fan. I spent thousands of dollars on their stuff.. Limited editions or merchandise and whatnot.. But this isn't final apfantasy any more.. It's like metal gear or Lsomething.

I love the concept of metal gear, but it's just not my game. I don't understand why they felt it was necessary to change what final fantasy is supposed to be.

Sigh.. That's my opinion afterall. It seems from the comments people like this. But I'm not looking forward to it :([/QUOTE]

It is worth mentioning that this is just one sequence of the game and not the whole thing. However, its much more final sci fi than final fantasy. Really, the gameplay is secondary to me. Its the ever more modernized settings that kill it for me

D

Deleted User

Am I the only one who actually hates this :(

I am a HUGE final fantasy fan. I spent thousands of dollars on their stuff.. Limited editions or merchandise and whatnot.. But this isn't final apfantasy any more.. It's like metal gear or something.

Sigh.. That's my opinion afterall. It seems from the comments people like this. But I'm not looking forward to it :(

You do realize this is just 1 small portion of what's probably a 40-60 hour game right? And this probably lasts maybe 1-2 hours at most.

FF7 had a sneaking section too, it wasn't very good but it had one, other JRPGS have had sneaking sections too.

A game can have a small section that's a little different from the rest of it without destroying the entire games concept.

Reactions: Madridi

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
You do realize this is just 1 small portion of what's probably a 40-60 hour game right? And this probably lasts maybe 1-2 hours at most.

FF7 had a sneaking section too, it wasn't very good but it had one, other JRPGS have had sneaking sections too.

A game can have a small section that's a little different from the rest of it without destroying the entire games concept.
It is? I thought this entire game would be like this.

I don't mean the sneaking part. I meant the whole gameplay.

I'm too happy about FFVII change of gameplay either but it doesn't seem to be as bad as this.

That being said, I love kingdom hearts. So if it's close to that kind of gameplay I'll be ok.. Still love the old final fantasy though

potato3334

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Copy Fantasy 15.

Dishonored style teleporting to objects? Check
Sneaking around like Metal gear solid? Check
Big robots that walk on 2 legs like Metal gear solid? Double Check
Big open MMO style world with very little in it? Check
Kingdom hearts style combat? Check
Chrono trigger style team attacks? Check
Free aiming gun turrets like call of duty? Check

i actually love the final fantasy series but its hard not to notice these things

At this point, almost any game is going to have elements from previous games. It doesn't have anything to do with "copying".

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://youtu.be/2byHyqiZVS8?si=Qr7te3eS9u0xQYDh