New Final Fantasy XIII English Trailer Featuring "My Hands"

Mr.Positive

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The song fits surprisingly well. Hope's voice sounds perfect for him. Too bad I can't say the same thing for Rygdea.

Jaems

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
GOOOOOOOOOD THIS IS BAAAD.

The song is awful, and the voice acting seems mediocre at best (except for Sazh and Yun Fang, who are awesome, and seem to be the only characters in this game that don't look generic).

Honestly, I think pop music should stay out of Final Fantasy.
As if this game needs to look and sound any more like some teenage drama show? It's already embarrassing enough with all the squeaky voiceovers and cheesy dialogue.

They should just stick with epic orchestrated tracks, like in the Uematsu days.

Jiggah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Oh...please. It's fine. The voice acting is top notch and it looks like they rerendered the FMVs with the lips to sync with the English VO.

The song is fine as well. It's a pop song. Every FF after FFVIII has had a pop song and I'd rather have an actual English song than some stupid Engrish version done by some J-Pop chick.

Hop2089

Cute>Hot
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Glad I spent the $100 and imported

The opening music is terrible, western pop never should be in an eastern game, Leona Lewis isn't very good at all.

The voice acting is atrocious save for Sazh, he got the best when it comes to voice acting. Vanille has a stereotypical tween voice and sounds like a cross between childlike sunshine and butterflies type and emo (two things that never should mix), that was the worst voice acting ever, I understand having emo characters in FF, but Vanille sounds like a 10 year old crybaby which is fail in a series of this caliber.

Ferrariman

Hip-Flop and cRap
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
needs better voice acting.

EDIT: NEEDS, BETTER, VOICE ACTING.

DOUBLE EDIT: NEED BETTER SCRIPT. "Catch me if you can!" "Cut him off!' "Uh oh!" "AAAAAAAAAHHHHIIIIIIEEE" "GRRRRRR" "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEE"

Jaems

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ferrariman said:

DOUBLE EDIT: NEED BETTER SCRIPT. "Catch me if you can!" "Cut him off!' "Uh oh!" "AAAAAAAAAHHHHIIIIIIEEE" "GRRRRRR" "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEE"
This^^^

I'd just rather there be no pop music at all, really.
Although I find Jap-Pop less annoying, it still is quite annoying, and I would probably find it even more annoying if I understood Japanese.
I guess I just hate pop music.
And I do not think a game that is supposed to be "epic" should be associated with pop music.

And correct me if I'm wrong, but I do not recall any pop music in the soundtracks for either FFXII or FFIX.

Jiggah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Jaems said:
Ferrariman said:

This^^^

I'd just rather there be no pop music at all, really.
Although I find Jap-Pop less annoying, it still is quite annoying, and I would probably find it even more annoying if I understood Japanese.
I guess I just hate pop music.
And I do not think a game that is supposed to be "epic" should be associated with pop music.

And correct me if I'm wrong, but I do not recall any pop music in the soundtracks for either FFXII or FFIX.

For FFXII, not sure. But I'm pretty sure for FFIX, there was.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mftJWCfzho4

Ferrariman

Hip-Flop and cRap
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'd be interested in the story if the industrial setting was darker (Not colour wise). The general evil corporation story died and the characters weren't 15.

manaphy4ever

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Very Nice good song voice acting is great for me cant wait for march 09
smile.gif

Celice

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought it was fine, other than it seemed to overpower the actual dialog throughout the trailer at times.

Not like it's any different from JPOP's intention.

GameDragon

Mugiwara RAWR!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hop2089 said:
Glad I spent the $100 and imported

The opening music is terrible, western pop never should be in an eastern game, Leona Lewis isn't very good at all.

The voice acting is atrocious save for Sazh, he got the best when it comes to voice acting. Vanille has a stereotypical tween voice and sounds like a cross between childlike sunshine and butterflies type and emo (two things that never should mix), that was the worst voice acting ever, I understand having emo characters in FF, but Vanille sounds like a 10 year old crybaby which is fail in a series of this caliber.

This pretty much.

Song sucks. Sazh is awesome.

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
I just hope framerate dips aren't a problem with this game
unsure.gif

The trailer gets good after 2:50. Shows some action.
Also looks like this game is going to have some humour in it. Hope they don't fail.

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Jaems said:
GOOOOOOOOOD THIS IS BAAAD.

The song is awful, and the voice acting seems mediocre at best (except for Sazh and Yun Fang, who are awesome, and seem to be the only characters in this game that don't look generic).

Honestly, I think pop music should stay out of Final Fantasy.
As if this game needs to look and sound any more like some teenage drama show? It's already embarrassing enough with all the squeaky voiceovers and cheesy dialogue.

They should just stick with epic orchestrated tracks, like in the Uematsu days.

I don't think "my hands" will be playing over and over as you play the game...

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
GOD DAMMIT THAT SONG IS TERRIBLE!
DOesn't fit at all. The trailer would have been much better with Square's own score going on, wouild have been so much more tense when it was supposed to be and seem a bit less like a bunch of people whining.

War

Take it easy~
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
I actually liked the Japanese song quite a bit, this one is crap though. The voice acting was decent at best, and I'm not usually one to complain about dubs. I think the worst part about it all was the script... I'm not sure if it was that terrible in the Japanese version or what, but that was certainly awful.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, :creep: