Hacking New extinfo.dat released March 4, 2011

georgemetcarth

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Vulpes Abnocto said:
Actually, on a closer review, it was decided that drwhojan had his mind set that the rules didn't apply to him, so he was banned outright.

....you smell familiar, newcomer.

No not at all - Just radicals over game's that's all - No-one own's them file's are make's money from them ?

+ I did fix some errors with games in dat's v6.39 that's all

Pliskron

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
georgemetcarth said:
Vulpes Abnocto said:
Actually, on a closer review, it was decided that drwhojan had his mind set that the rules didn't apply to him, so he was banned outright.

....you smell familiar, newcomer.

No not at all - Just radicals over game's that's all - No-one own's them file's are make's money from them ?

+ I did fix some errors with games in dat's v6.39 that's all
So you're building on other people's work. It's twisted logic I know but by the standards of the mods here those are your files now. You should charge money for them.

Here's a really interesting thought. We should boycott shoptemp because they sell the DSTT and the mods here at temp have banned the hosting of the very files needed to use the card that they get a cut of the sales from.

Vulpes Abnocto

Not Dead Yet
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If Shoptemp didn't sell the DSTT you'd be up in arms that we were ignoring that particular flashcart.

It's not like I said "Oh I don't like the DSTT, I'm just gonna say that the only guy making updates for the cart can't post his updates here anymore!
Mua ha ha! Take that all you little peons and your silly DSTT!"

No.
The only guy making updates REFUSES to post his updates here, due to a small percentage of our members.
People who are willing to take his work and call it their own.
So demonize me all you like; The person to blame resides in your mirror, Pliskron.

Pliskron

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's a pretty hollow "dumb" argument because those files that you have banned have been built and contributed to by a community not one person. So you're wrong unless retro wants to remove all the code that doesn't belong to him those aren't his files. The way I see it he's holding KimYom and Rudolph's work hostage and calling it his own. So yeah your wrong and we should boycott shoptemp. I will continue to upload the files in other places.

Totoy_Kamote

Trophies
XP
Country
Pliskron said:
That's a pretty hollow "dumb" argument because those files that you have banned have been built and contributed to by a community not one person. So you're wrong unless retro wants to remove all the code that doesn't belong to him those aren't his files. The way I see it he's holding KimYom and Rudolph's work hostage and calling it his own. So yeah your wrong and we should boycott shoptemp. I will continue to upload the files in other places.
that won't do any good... you'll just make retro more pissed and stop fixing dat files... thus making DSTT completely dead...
closedeyes.gif

Pliskron

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rikardo03 said:
Pliskron said:
that won't do any good... you'll just make retro more pissed and stop fixing dat files... thus making DSTT completely dead...
closedeyes.gif
Wrong, Rudolph and KimYon are still providing fixes even e and u lately but if I posted their here I'd probably be banned because mods here think retro owns everything that has to do with the dstt now or maybe they just support pay warez sites I don't know.

ShinyLatios

Not Quite There Yet
Trophies
Website
www.eonaegis.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Retro is still making updates. quit saying he killed dstt.

*use google

is that so hard? DSTT isn't dead. quit saying it is and just find the firmware somewhere else. it's not like gbatemp is the only site on the internet...

Pliskron

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kajdan said:
Retro is still making updates. quit saying he killed dstt.

*use google

is that so hard? DSTT isn't dead. quit saying it is and just find the firmware somewhere else. it's not like gbatemp is the only site on the internet...
Not only is the dstt not dead but retro couldn't kill it if he wanted to but the mods here are wrong/lame for even listening to retro. they should have told him to pound sand unless he removed all code that doesn't belong to him from the files. I think the mods here should read what public license is. You can't claim a modified version of something as your own and sell it. There is no legal grounds for it so I think the mods here are ignorant of their true obligations. I think I'll start changing a few things on these updates and call them mine. My updates HAHAHA

RoMee

??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
there's an old saying "The dumbest people are the loudest".
retro just didn't want ignorant, ungrateful, idiots, to benefit from his work

after seeing these comments..mods and retro did the right thing

Pliskron

QUOTE said:
I think I'll start changing a few things on these updates and call them mine. My updates HAHAHA
walk your talk

magicksun

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Argentina
thats unfair , i don't understand nothing , but they are doing updates , and here they cant? i't not only the dead of dstt, for my r4 too! the waio is canseled =( and my only hope is the ys menu !

ShinyLatios

Not Quite There Yet
Trophies
Website
www.eonaegis.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
magicksun said:
thats unfair , i don't understand nothing , but they are doing updates , and here they cant? i't not only the dead of dstt, for my r4 too! the waio is canseled =( and my only hope is the ys menu !

YSMenu guides are found anywhere lately.

just google it
smile.gif

Kikkerdril

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Pliskron said:
they should have told him to pound sand unless he removed all code that doesn't belong to him from the files. I think the mods here should read what public license is. You can't claim a modified version of something as your own and sell it. There is no legal grounds for it so I think the mods here are ignorant of their true obligations.

+1

Donato_Dobango

Trophies
Website
www.fairuseradio.com
XP
Country
United States
Okay, this has been one of the dumbest flame wars I've ever seen.

The DSTT isn't dead and Retro isn't killing it. Yes, he has demanded that others work not be posted here and the mods have gone all Iron Curtain on it for some stupid reason, but it literally took me 30 seconds to google it, find it, and download it.

Yes, it's on a shady site. Yes, it's kind of a douchebag moves on Retro's part to stuff his updates with unnecessary files so it's over 5 megs, knowing the site he's hosting it on only allows X amount of 5 meg + downloads a week. But I'm pretty sure Retro's not going to be releasing 7 updates a week, so you should never have to actually pay for it. If you do find yourself running low on credits, skip an update and get the next one when your free credits reset. Not every update will have a crucial game you absolutely must play now.

It's as easy as that.

This stupid "LET'S BOYCOTT THIS" or "LET'S ATTEMPT BINARY ALCHEMY ON THE SOURCE CODE OF OTHER FLASHCARTS" is a waste of time and energy.

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I highly doubt pliskron would do that. Put the money where your mouth is, and bring it. This is beyond stupid now. And don't you dare demonize my friend Vulpes.
mad.gif

*whew* All that aside, what's with this binary alchemy shit?
frown.gif

Pliskron

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ryukouki said:
I highly doubt pliskron would do that. Put the money where your mouth is, and bring it. This is beyond stupid now. And don't you dare demonize my friend Vulpes.
mad.gif

*whew* All that aside, what's with this binary alchemy shit?
frown.gif
Your friend deserves to be demonized. Because of your friend that community development can no longer continue. DSTT game fixes have always been open and a shared effort. When one developer left someone else would fill the void. Now because of bad decision made by the mod here only retro is allowed to work on the dats. The mod took a community effort and shut it down took away from the community and gave to to one person.

loloknight

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RetroGameFan
Thu Nov 25 2010, 05:36PM Report Quote

Registered Member #130063
Hello everyone,

This is the last update that I will be posting...I will still be providing help for those who need it, just not in the form of any updates, so I would just like to thank all the people that have supported me

,^^ thoughts...

Bunie

#1 Princess
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
loloknight said:
,^^ thoughts...
MY Thoughts? GBATemp has banned DSTT Support. fuck this hellhole. it's dead to me.
glare.gif

Was hoping the administration here would realize how Stupid it is to follow one guys rules but not another. but if these are the kind of idiots who get control of GBATemp, then its doomed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    To sleep perchance to dream!
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My state has put a heavy tax on vape juice, taxing any juice with nicotine by the weight/oz. So to get around the bs, my local vape store only sells 0 nicotine vape juices, then they also sell straight nicotine in tiny bottles, and you mix it yourself to your 0% juice, lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, is that Wing from South Park?
    BigOnYa hmmm I wonder how long until someone just vapes the straight nicotine lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I was gonna say people are not that dumb, but yea you right, some are.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    People have put 50mg salt nic in straight subohm coils which is like more powerful hits
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hey psi, do they have dress codes down there in FLa, here there are signs on stores that say "No shirt, no service" but curious bout down yonder
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea I tried the salts and too strong for me, I prefer the norm juice
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    In Florida they don't serve you if you have clothes on
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fucking raining again
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    How can you tell, do you see rain drops on top of other rain drops?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I can tell by whenever your wife done letting out loud ass moans then I get her a ticket back home
    +1
    @BigOnYa, yeah most places demand clothes and shoes, unless it's some really back water place that I am unaware of lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Cool, I got lunch money for tomorrow then.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @K3Nv2 call uremum Sloppenheimer the way she givin me this bomb head
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I call uremum alzheimer she forgets to leave
    +1
    Time to start a vape straight nicotine challenge, Darwin be praised!
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Imagine if Hitler had vapes, we promise it's not cyanide it'll help you quit nicotine
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Please, walk into my patented vape chamber, aka the non smoking area
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I do wonder how dominate Germany would've been if they just enlisted Jewish people
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They actually enlisted Muslims, seriously, because the Muslims hates Jews, even tho it was not the supreme race. He claimed common hate, is friendship.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He could've just made them walking shields kind of a dumb ass move
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    https://a.co/d/3km8bqC lol cd level quality I fucking hope so
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    So a man, wifey laying in bed, and man wants sum and rubs on her a little, she turns and says "Not tonight, I have a gyno apt in the morning." So man rolls over, but after few minutes starts rubbing her again. She says didn't you here me, no messing around, I have a gyno apt tomorrow. " Man says, "Well you don't have a dentist apt tomorrow also do you?"
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: So a man, wifey laying in bed, and man wants sum and rubs on her a little, she turns and says...