benjaminlibl

Funky Member
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
Are you sure? Because I remember I've never had this problem. I'm pretty sure too. And somehow, I had gotten it to work before. So I don't know why the files extension thing would work one time and not another.

Bri

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well, it's actually a combination of what you said and what I said. The option is to "Hide extensions for known file types." My guess is that in your case, the DAT file type was unknown so it displayed it correctly. But then you installed something that "took" the DAT file type (making it a known file type), and it thus started hiding the extension.

Microsoft really screwed up by making that option on by default. It has caused a huge amount of confusion for a huge number of users. Untick the option and there isn't any question because it always shows the file extension.

-Bri

skshayne

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah Bri, that happened to me when I was installing YSMenu.

I was using someone else's computer, and it did this when I was renaming YSMenu.nds to TTMENU.DAT. I put it in my DSTT, fired up my DS, and it came up with the Menu? thing. I was so confused for a while until I plugged my SD card into my computer and it showed that it was in fact named TTMENU.DAT.nds.

So yeah, that was annoying
tongue.gif

ninchya

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick questions if buy a gba expansion either m3 or ez with it work with a ysmenu dstt latest ysmenu moonshell2 combo firmware? i thinking of ordering either m3 or ez which is better? and is gamebygame good or dealextreme not price wise but credit card safety and shipping.

ninchya

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thnxs i ordered an m3 gba expansion i really hope it works cuz i hear it not as good with other carts than m3 but i got it b/c i heard that ez flash internal battery gets messed up but thnxs for helping.

Bri

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
jalaneme said:
do you need the TTMENU.SYS file? it came with the official DSTT firmware.

I believe that file will be created the first time you run the menu if it doesn't exist. So no you don't need to install it, but you do need free space on your microSD card for it to be created.

QUOTE(ikittah @ Sep 12 2009, 04:43 AM) I have a mac. I cant install YSMENU. Is there anything I can do? Is there a download that is already executed? D:

As far as I know, there's no reason you couldn't install YSMenu using a Mac. Follow the directions in the FAQ.

-Bri

ihaveathumb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great FAQ! Thanks for all the info.

Just wanted to let you know the link for YSMenu on the GBATemp wiki is wrong. The correct link is:
Code:
http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/index.php?title=YSMenu

Once again, thanks for the info!

ikittah said:
I have a mac. I cant install YSMENU. Is there anything I can do? Is there a download that is already executed? D:
I know the problem you are having. The way to install it is to get a real computer and ditch mac!

panmusic

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I use YS Menu with no problems but lately I discovered an annoying problem.Whenever I try to load new games from my card using YS Menu it crashes without even loadingthe game.The strange thing is that these games load fine just using the R4 menu but no luck with YS Menu.Does anyone knows why is this happening?Are there specific rom versions compatible to YS Menu?Thanks in advance.

docjynx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question regarding the menu on the original dstti and the fake gold dstti. The original displays all the games icons + another icon related to the game and the fake does not. How can I make my original software not display any extra icons just the games?

the software I am referring to is here http://www.ndstti.cn/download.html

Thanks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    @Karma177 that sd card is 100% faulty so yes, its a bad idea
    even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really think it's faulty (pasted 40/50gb+ folders and no write errors)
    Karma177 @ Karma177: @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really...