KingdomBlade

Blade v3+ (I R SHMEXY)
Trophies
Website
meekpicture.blogspot.com
XP
Country
ZeppyZ said:
just wondering if you can tell me how to fix my Pokemon Platinum game?
[Rom loading failed]
disk errcode=-81

Please reset system.

hate2.gif
hate2.gif
hate2.gif
hate2.gif
hate2.gif
hate2.gif
hate2.gif
hate2.gif
hate2.gif
hate2.gif
hate2.gif
hate2.gif
hate2.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
wacko.gif
wacko.gif
wacko.gif
wacko.gif
wacko.gif

I hate people who do this other than the EOF. Well, it's a bad dump most likely. Get it from another source. Or reformat the SD if it fails.

QUOTE(synbiote @ Jul 23 2009, 07:07 PM) Well..i'll start off with telling i'm new to DS and DSTTi and such..
but i was wondering this one thing i couldn't find out in the FaQ..

I'm from the EU and i know a lot of games do get released in the US..but not in EU..
is it possible to play US games on EU DSlite with DSTTI?

Yes, it will.

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
synbiote said:
Well..i'll start off with telling i'm new to DS and DSTTi and such..
but i was wondering this one thing i couldn't find out in the FaQ..

I'm from the EU and i know a lot of games do get released in the US..but not in EU..
is it possible to play US games on EU DSlite with DSTTI?
Short answer -
yaynds.gif
Yes
yaynds.gif

I've played many US games on a DSLite (brought in the UK) using a DSTTi

I'm now using a DSi (also brought in a UK shop) with the DSTTi & the last USA game I've been trying out is 'Treasure World USA'
- & that's working fine (except I'm running out of Wifi places locally
laugh.gif
)

Bri

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ZeppyZ said:
just wondering if you can tell me how to fix my Pokemon Platinum game?

That game uses 1MB save files with a fill of 0xFF and the official menu will write an incorrect save file by default. You can check the size of your save file to see if it's 1MB like it's supposed to be.

Have you tried installing the 1.17a02 menu? It supports the 1MB save file. However, the readme states that you need to reformat your microSD card. That implies that you can't use your old save file. That means that you'll lose your game to this point. There may be ways to convert your current save to the proper format (if that's the problem) -- see the FAQ for more information.

-Bri

jamesmunguia@yma

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello hey bri idk if u come bak and check this faq but whats the difference between ysmenu and tmenu?? p,lz reply and im scared to install im scared it might corrupt my card
unsure.gif
unsure.gif
unsure.gif
unsure.gif
unsure.gif
unsure.gif

Bri

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If I were you, I'd install the unofficial menu 1.17a02 by following the directions in the FAQ.

YSMenu is an alternate menu system that has a few advantages over the 1.17a02 menu, including the ability to navigate folders and alphabetize games, but is difficult to install, not as easy to use, and not as attractive as the 1.17a02 menu.

-Bri

skshayne

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Ugh... YSMenu was a b**** to install.

What exactly is the difference between running YSMenu with 1.17 firmware and the new 1.17a02?

Is the only improvement game compatibility? Because I've had no problems with that so far (thankfully)
smile.gif

EDIT: fixed my triple post -.- foolish computer

Bri

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
skshayne said:
Ugh... YSMenu was a b**** to install.

What exactly is the difference between running YSMenu with 1.17 firmware and the new 1.17a02?

Is the only improvement game compatibility? Because I've had no problems with that so far (thankfully)
smile.gif

EDIT: fixed my triple post -.- foolish computer

The biggest improvement is that the 1.17a02 firmware doesn't contain fake-killer code. If you're certain that you don't have a fake DSTT, you'll be fine using the official one. Otherwise, I'd definitely use 1.17a02.

There are also some compatibility fixes in 1.17a02, but I'm not sure it's anything that would affect YSMenu (which has its own compatibility fixes).

-Bri

skshayne

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Thank you Bre.

And yeah, I guess there's no real point of anything, and now I'm afraid if I change anything to do with YSMenu I'll screw my card and have to reformat it
tongue.gif

I'll stick to 1.17 and YS then but thanks!

benjaminlibl

Funky Member
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
Eh, isn't there something that helps you set up your YSMenu on DSTT automatically?

EDIT: OK, I followed the guide to set up YSMenu exactly, and it didn't work for me either. I'm not sure why. I got YSMenu up and working before, without the auto-installer, so what's up?

When I use the auto-installer, all it gives me is TTMENU.DAT and a YSMenu folder. But somehow that's all I need to boot up YSMenu. Bri, can you help me out here?

Bri

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
There is an auto-installer, but I've never gotten it to work (in its defense, I tried it a long time ago and it may be improved since then).

If you follow the directions in the FAQ carefully, you can do a dual install of YSMenu and TTMenu 1.17a02. Make sure you follow the directions very carefully, and you should be able to get YSMenu to work.

-Bri

Bri

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Try doing it by hand.

It's not that difficult if you follow the steps in the FAQ carefully. Essentially, you're going to run "ttextract.exe" on your PC with "TTMENU.DAT" (preferably from 1.17a02) in the same folder and that will produce the two files you need to do the loading for YSMenu. Then put those two files and the other necessary files into the "YSMenu" folder. Then make a copy of "TTMENU.DAT" and name it "TTMenu.nds". Then copy "TTMenu.nds" and "YSMenu.nds" to the root of your microSD card. Then just copy whichever firmware you want to be the default menu (either "TTMenu.nds" or "YSMenu.nds") to "TTMENU.DAT" and put that on the root of your microSD card. It's all in the FAQ step-by-step.

-Bri

Bri

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
No, you DO need the TTMENU folder as well as the YSMENU folder. My quickie instructions above assumed you already had 1.17a02 installed. You'll leave the TTMENU folder from that intact. If you want TTMENU as the default, you'll also leave TTMENU.DAT (otherwise you'll replace it with YSMenu.nds renamed to TTMENU.DAT). The .DAT and .nds files are actually exactly the same, but the .DAT one is the one that gets loaded by the DSTT when you first start it up.

-Bri

benjaminlibl

Funky Member
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
Does the fact that my TTMENU.DAT(which was originally YSMenu.nds) shows up as an NDS file have to do with anything? It still says [MENU?]

I have absolutely no idea why it doesn't work. I've got my 3 files on the root: TTMenu.DAT(YSMenu.nds), TTMenu.nds, and my YSMenu.nds. I have my TTMenu folder intact, and the ttdldi and ttpatch files plus the YSMenu.ini file in my YSMenu folder. What is wrong?

Bri

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You need to have two separate copies of whichever menu you want as the default on your microSD card, one of which needs to be named TTMENU.DAT (an exact copy of either TTMenu.nds or YSMenu.nds both of which should also be on your microSD card).

So you'll end up with the following files and folders on the root:

TTMenu.nds
YSMenu.nds
TTMENU.DAT

benjaminlibl

Funky Member
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
I've just figured it out. A lot of wasted time, on my part and Bri's. Sorry! Just let anyone else know, just in case.

I thought there was something strange going on as my TTMENU.DAT file as it was showing up as a NDS file even after I changed the extension, so I put my cart reader on another computer. On that other PC, it showed up as "TTMENU.DAT.NDS."

Anyways, I think it was because I had installed some DLDI software a few days ago that does some automatic association for NDS files.

Please. Don't be like me.

Bri

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
No, it's because you don't have the file extensions turned on for Windows. Go to Tools -> Folder Options -> View Tab -> and tick OFF "Hide extensions for known file types". It a stupid option that Windows has ON by default for some unknown reason. Confusing as heck, and you're not the first one to have that problem. I should add it to the FAQ.

-Bri

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1