New DSiWare Platformer, Port of Amiga Game?

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just announced for release in Europe & Austrailia this Friday comes a new platformer for the DSiWare service called "Oscar in Toyland".

QUOTE said:
This fabulous jump and run game is easy to play, packed with hours of fun & non-stop action, 100’s of collectables & surprises!

In psychedelic Worlds of Candy, Soda Pop, Amusement Park Rides, Board Games, Fantasy Land & more, meeting lots of cool Toys and Animals in hidden rooms and Bonus and Bogus mini games. Use Wings to Fly, Springy Shoes to Jump and Oscar’s secret weapon – his magical Yo-Yo to swing on and zap enemies in some of the craziest platform levels you’ll ever play!

Oscar in Toyland – a platformer you must NOT miss !

screen02.jpg
screen01.jpg
screen04.jpg

screen08.jpg
screen07.jpg
screen05.jpg

It looks like a port of an Amiga game called "Oscar". It was meant to have been the next Sonic/Mario back in the early 90's but when it was release it turned out to be just another run of the mill generic platformer devoid of new ideas, in fact it used some levels and the engine from an existing Amiga game called "Trolls". There was still some fun to have with the game and sadly its still better then most modern platformers so some may enjoy it more.

For those without a DSi though...don't worry there was a SNES port too so it may work on a emulator and not only that but the Amiga/SNES/DOS versions do look better.

The official website has more screens and a trailer.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
raulpica said:
I'd love to see more Amiga ports in the future. There are a lot of awesome games on it...
smile.gif
I agree to that, there were loads due for the GBA but only the Cinemware games made it and the eventual port of James Pond 2 - Robocod got cancelled when the publisher lost the rights. The version that did come out for GBA/DS was butchered with all new levels and had the wrong enemy themes in them.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Nosferadrian said:
raulpica said:
I'd love to see more Amiga ports in the future. There are a lot of awesome games on it...
smile.gif
I agree to that, there were loads due for the GBA but only the Cinemware games made it and the eventual port of James Pond 2 - Robocod got cancelled when the publisher lost the rights. The version that did come out for GBA/DS was butchered with all new levels and had the wrong enemy themes in them.
Yeah, tried to play it for a bit... it wasn't the same thing.
About the Cinemaware games, I'd have loved to see It Came from the Desert on GBA. It's a shame they didn't port more games on it.

We could always hope for some other ports on the DS... right, right?
smileipb2.png

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
looks cool but I bet they will chuck this out as PREMIUM
frown.gif

only have 300points left now out of my 1000 doh!

and yeah AMIGA GAMES are/was cool ... they should re release BOBS BAD DAY that was a cool game although not sure how you would use the stylus when the main aim of the game was to rotate the maze around the character
smile.gif

Uzumakijl

Trophies
Website
www.uzumakijl.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Mexico
kobykaan said:
looks cool but I bet they will chuck this out as PREMIUM
frown.gif

only have 300points left now out of my 1000 doh!

and yeah AMIGA GAMES are/was cool ... they should re release BOBS BAD DAY that was a cool game although not sure how you would use the stylus when the main aim of the game was to rotate the maze around the character
smile.gif

You would like to check "2743 - Labyrinth (Europe)" ...

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yup, this game JUST came out on UK DSiWare.
I'm gonna grab this, Pop+ and Mario Vs DK March of the Minis, I could use my DSiWare fix.

Edit: Geez, I shouldn't have downloaded that. The graphics are a mess, the music ain't all that good, and it's a chore to play.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)