New DS confirmed

yuyuyup

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
DSI what a stupid name, why would they use the name of the worst culprit of wii shovelware
12250.jpg

mms-kart-racing-us.jpg

chicken_shoot.jpg

Lord Toon

Trophies
Website
lordtoon.com
XP
Country
United States
retiredjerk said:
The SD slot could backfire on them and open the floodgates to piracy but im guessing if it is hacked it will be a back and forth fight like with the PSP and the constant firmware updates.
If Nintendo has a store for Download Content, then expect Firmware...I'm thinking this because of the Wii. I could be wrong though.//

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
lets all hope the sd is sdhc.
lets hope the camera is useful and of good quality.
lets hope the smaller case isn't plagued with problems.

i use my ds now for so much. homebrew lets me browse the web, get directions, check my email, talk online, take notes, make music, etc. adding a camera when on the go is a great idea but it needs to be of good quality. if i can get a better image off my shitty cell phone, then whats the point. also i hope for some type of lens protection, not just a plastic cover but something to protect the plastic over the lens. i carry my ds in my pocket most of the time. i would be interesting to see if the new generation of hacks let us run roms right off of the sd slot. as long as it supports my old flash kits right out of the box i'm sure i'll grab when on release day.

-another world

beedog19

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ViRGE said:
Seriously, would it have killed Nintendo to do a proper DS upgrade instead of dragging out the DS hardware another 2+ years? The DS's 3D abilities were underpowered at launch, and it's only gotten worse over time. The hardware has nudged developers in to producing RPGs, minigame collections, shovelware, and very little else, because the DS can do very little else. It needs a hardware upgrade to enable new games and bring more variety to the field.

Adding more gimmicks isn't going to encourage new games, it's just going to encourage more crap.
frown.gif

The bigger screen and SD slot are nice, but it's half the handheld it needs to be.
This could mean that Nintendo thinks the DS could be reaching the end of its life cycle and that a full blown redesign in on the way. I'm just wondering how long it'll take if none of their competitors pressure them into it.

jos7960

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Doesnt the SD slot open a possible solution to GBA emulation?

Or maybe the DSware you can download will feature some GBA games. Just like the Wii features NES SNES and N64 games. So maybe we can inject own gba roms into the DSware!

Speculationspeculation
But if happends, then i MIGHT get one.
shy.gif

blizzak

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
n
XP
Country
Canada
Lord Toon said:
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ds/dsi.html

Nintendo of Japan already have the specs and features on there site now. I'm very intrigued by this...I personally would like the GBA slot to be on it but we must go forward I guess.//

Looks like a redesign of the home screen aswell. Also, two camera[the black dots next to them seem to be the mic] and the power button is inside. and as far as i can tell only one touchscreen.

The larger screen looks very nice though, moonshell video finally worth it?

Lord Toon

Trophies
Website
lordtoon.com
XP
Country
United States
Another World said:
lets all hope the sd is sdhc.
lets hope the camera is useful and of good quality.
lets hope the smaller case isn't plagued with problems.

i use my ds now for so much. homebrew lets me browse the web, get directions, check my email, talk online, take notes, make music, etc. adding a camera when on the go is a great idea but it needs to be of good quality. if i can get a better image off my shitty cell phone, then whats the point. also i hope for some type of lens protection, not just a plastic cover but something to protect the plastic over the lens. i carry my ds in my pocket most of the time. i would be interesting to see if the new generation of hacks let us run roms right off of the sd slot. as long as it supports my old flash kits right out of the box i'm sure i'll grab when on release day.

-another world
Amen brother...//

Lots of people thought that the DS was supposed to be made for kids...But with the different possibilities of homebrew applications, I'm hoping for lots of designs and applications for the camera and SD slot. *crosses fingers*//

HeatMan Advance

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As far as I'm concerned, this is just a preview for what the next handheld successor will have.

I'm not even going to buy this since I'm sure the next evolution in handhelds from Nintendo will be out by 2010 with all of these features and possibly downloadable gba and DS games.

For me it's just the GBA micro all over again.

blizzak

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
n
XP
Country
Canada
LoneSyn said:
Is engadget a trustworthy site? It still claims that the DS has two touchscreens.

Nothing you read on the internet is truly reliable.

Yes, I realize the paradox I created by writing that.
tongue.gif

beedog19

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HeatMan Advance said:
As far as I'm concerned, this is just a preview for what the next handheld successor will have.

I'm not even going to buy this since I'm sure the next evolution in handhelds from Nintendo will be out by 2010 with all of these features and possibly downloadable gba and DS games.

That's how I'm taking this too. I'm excited for the possibilities that this thing opens up more than the actual device itself. Let's see what they have at e3/TGS 09!

LoneSyn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Doggy124 said:
just found this
compar.JPG

That just ensured me to NOT buy the DSi unless something surprising happens that gives DSi a much higher advantage.

Why the flying f*** does it NOT have a DS slot?

Xuio

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
For me its disappointment. No gba slot? Shorter battery life? I mean... WTF?

ps. i love my ds lite even more now
yaynds.gif

HeatMan Advance said:

Yeah, except micro was really smaller...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    T @ Texasauras: SOLILOQUY