johnchan

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Renegade_R said:
Newsflash people...it is more than likely that your R4DS and TopToys and whatevers they are called will still work in the new DS because it is using the same medium and hence, is using the same method of execution to get the code from the card to boot. If they implemented a new type of protection, it would not be compatible with all the DS games out there. Unfortunately for Nintendo, they cannot change the architecture just yet.
Thats not entirely true. Flashcarts appear to be similar to legitimate game carts, however there are lots of subtle differences in how they work which could be checked by the new hardware and blocked. There is also the fact that the protocol used by all flash carts for accessing the SD card actually exploits a hardware trick which is not used by any real games and could therefore safely be blocked. It would be stupid of Nintendo not to do anything to block flashcarts, so my guess is that flashcart manufacturers will need to update their products for this new NDS.

ciper

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Basically this is like the PS2 slim or when a car manufacturer slightly changes the headlights and grill on a car to boost sales.

In other words don't be excited because Nintendo is only trying to squeeze a few more dollars out of the DS platform.

falcon64z8

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Most ds games dont look good as it is and up scaling it wont do it justice. Also, how is the sound going to be better when there is only two holes for speaker compare to six on the lite and 12 on the phat? BTW, so far the phat has the best sound for a handheld.

beedog19

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Joe88 said:
Another World said:
no ds card slot, just msd slot? =(

-another world
thats what im wondering

wish there where more pics of the back...
I REALLY hope that Nintendo isn't dumb enough to remove the game playing element from this system and make it download only. If so there would be NO WAY anyone should really consider this an "upgrade" since none of the games that you own would actually work.

Edit: No worries, check out the video and you can clearly see slot-1 when they rotate the system. Put down your pitchforks, no one's storming the Nintendo Castle tonight.

falcon64z8

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
juggernaut911 said:
I want a NEW handheld! bring back zelda GBA games and I'll be happy. I love the simplicity of the GBA!!

Why can't you people just move on, the gba is non existence to nintendo. I dunno how the dsi is failed since I rarely play my gba games anymore.

beedog19

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jellider said:
From the video, is there going to be Miis on the DSi? and the ability to buy clothing?
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/n10/conference20...mov/ds.html?n10
Could just be Animal Crossing (sorry the video won't load for me). Miis are supposed to be usable on the DS somehow, too tired to look it up, really should go to bed.

Edit: If you're talking about that design thing at the beginning, if that isn't a game I have no idea what that is. Hopefully we'll get some answers in the morning when I'm more coherent.

EmperorOfCanada

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I actually am not impressed at all. As it is I have enough video games to play to last me until 2010 or so. I`ll hold off for the next console I think
smile.gif

Saylient_Dreams

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
0.3 MP cameras? What the heck is the point of that?! >.> Is it me or is that new DS uglier than the DS Phat? The only thing that looks like that could save this DS is the browser that's built in, and it better be like Firefox Mobile or something >.> Hopefully this one supports WPA security? That would be nice... That camera to me just seems soooooo incredibly useless....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    T @ Texasauras: SOLILOQUY