Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ViRGE said:
bangbanger said:
Foppzter said:
Am I the only one that thinks handheld VC when I see DS Ware?
Buying and downloading classic GB/GBC/GBA games. Yes I said GBA, it's perfect with the removement of the GBA slot.
Yes I said it before you.

@ViRGE: Said to have 512 MB of ram which is enough to load any GBA game as well as NDS. Also there is an SD card slot.
It doesn't have 512MB of RAM. It may have 512MB of FlashROM(i.e. internal storage), but certainly not 512MB of RAM. Not even the Wii has 512MB of RAM (it has 88MB).
Well my bad I read RAM before at some point. It is 4AM so I am not thinking at 100%. But yea I still think its possible. Only time will tell.

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I would have liked, if they made the system really smaller with bigger screens and sacrificing the gba-slot for it. But a camera for the gba-slot!? I don`t know...

But I think they announced some really great games and some of them I´m really thrilled to play... I think that`s more then enough for such a conference...even with this new redesign, which is really not that impressive!

Smidget

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm happy no 2 touch screens, means I would have to buy another. I'm hopefully assuming correctly the DSWare games will be hacked and then we will be on even playing fields game-wise right? Or am I missing something that the DSi Will play and not the DSL?

Jabcecle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Im just hoping theres RAM, that there might be some way to do new things like running multiple things and so the browser doesn't suck.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Smidget said:
I'm happy no 2 touch screens, means I would have to buy another. I'm hopefully assuming correctly the DSWare games will be hacked and then we will be on even playing fields game-wise right? Or am I missing something that the DSi Will play and not the DSL?
Judging by the fact that Nintendo added no truly new hardware required to run new games, I'm sure the DSiWare games could potentially run on old models of the DS with some hacking (if any of that were even required).

Banger

Me > | | < You ..Wanna Line dance?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
VISHI SO FISHI said:
1 question guys,

Do you guys think its worth me selling a dslite and a dsphat for a DSlI..i think it is...but i want your opinion!

Wait for it to be able to play "backups" and yea I think its kinda worth it. What I see with the DSiPod, I mean DSi is many new homebrew possibilitys

retiredjerk

Trophies
XP
Country
i think that little remote is the for japanese and their upskirt photos. i can see nintendo promoting it now.Look you can take upskirt shots of women on the train with your new DSi and special remote!! seriously though what the hell is that thing for? guess we'll know in a month if flashcarts work

ndpndnt16

Trophies
XP
Country
first i just wanna say this is so cool

nds ware = more apps maybe gba emu etc
firmware updates = sure someone can hack on this and allow to play nds game using sd card (bye bye flash carts)
2 cameras = video chat is posible in future ^^
on/off button = i think this one is way more better than the old power button
first the old slide power not so good because the small henge inside it easy to snap and no more on/off

i bet this ds will come up with a nds ware video player in future too
oh and i forgot

"Where is the volume control!!!!!"

Lelouch

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
VISHI SO FISHI said:
1 question guys,

Do you guys think its worth me selling a dslite and a dsphat for a DSlI..i think it is...but i want your opinion!

I'd personally keep both. And it's way to early to really decide whether or not you want to start selling them off to save up for the dsi. Also if you have a job you can save up money for it, Christmas is another option and it wouldn't be a bad idea to wait for the price to drop either.

I say enjoy your nds lite since it seems like you actually have less game options on the dsi, guitar hero/gba games. Wait for information to be released imho!

CyborGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Only one thought for entire idea: lolwut!

Camera and music player? I suppose it's not a bad thing, actually that's quite all right. I for one always imagined if it would have them. Besides, as an R4 user, my loss of SDHC micro sd doesn't matter anymore, now I can just get an SD card for music.
yaynds.gif

Thanks Nintendo, maybe I won't have to buy another flashcart.
nyanya.gif

knoxvillz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ndpndnt16 said:
first i just wanna say this is so cool

nds ware = more apps maybe gba emu etc
firmware updates = sure someone can hack on this and allow to play nds game using sd card (bye bye flash carts)
2 cameras = video chat is posible in future ^^
on/off button = i think this one is way more better than the old power button
first the old slide power not so good because the small henge inside it easy to snap and no more on/off

i bet this ds will come up with a nds ware video player in future too
oh and i forgot

"Where is the volume control!!!!!"

look on the main menu with the buttons, theres a volume control at the bottom of the screen. Also is it just me or did nintendo just create the DAS/DTS from another code:two memories/trace memory?

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ndpndnt16 said:
here is the strange remote thing you guys saw at the video

nintendo-pedometer-0986239.jpg

so this means the volume control is now on firmware?
Its a pedometer for a DS exercise game.

Doggy124

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thailand
blizzak said:
ALso, if anyone knows, or can give a guess what the black circle on the hinge between the two screens? there a smaller hole i assuem to be a mic. I believe it's a camera, for webcam-like purposes...
Well if you look at the Nintendo Japan website it seems to have a red light coming out of it... maybe some kind of red eye reduction perhaps oO?

I think they are camera&mic.
but the mic hole, also has LED which turn on when camera is operating.

HoTsHoT89

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
So if Nintendo does away with the SLOT-2, does that mean that the SD slot will now be used as extra memory, or built-in? And I wonder what happens when you try to play a DSi game that uses the camera functions into a DS Lite...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and good morning everyone
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BakerMan, his partner is Luke
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Sup nerds
    +1
  • Flame @ Flame:
    oh hi, Sickly
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh hi flame
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @K3Nv2 what was your ps4 situation
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you always have a ps4 you never updated
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or were you able to get new ps4 tracking it \
    as soon as the hack was announced
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or did you have to find a used one with the lower firm ware that was not updated
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got this ps4 at launch and never updated since 9.0
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask for a Pic of fw and telling them not to update
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask...