New DS confirmed

funem

Retro Powered..
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
K, I got bored reading all these post so forgive me if I say something that has already been said...

Concerns :-
Different capabilities means the possibility of incompatibility as there must have to be changes in the opperating system to accomadate the changes.
Crack down on Flash cards, possible extra security in the OS

Plus:-
Front facing cam = Eye toy type games
Reduction in the price of the Lite

These are jjust my quick thoughts.....

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
CyborGamer said:
Only one thought for entire idea: lolwut!

Camera and music player? I suppose it's not a bad thing, actually that's quite all right. I for one always imagined if it would have them. Besides, as an R4 user, my loss of SDHC micro sd doesn't matter anymore, now I can just get an SD card for music.
yaynds.gif

Thanks Nintendo, maybe I won't have to buy another flashcart.
nyanya.gif
From what it looks like.....NO MP3 support, only AAC files......So, I think, we will stick with our flashcarts to play music!!

ndpndnt16

Trophies
XP
Country
23 pages just now!!!
more to come!!!

i like this damn new DSi

waiting.........

haha yes its pedometer!!!!

hmmm im still wondering how to connect those into DS?bluetooth?

Toni Plutonij

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Raiyu245 said:
but AAC music > MP3 music. Knowing Nintendo, they will release some software that will help convert your music to .ACC format.
It's not about what is better, but what is more spread, and used.......I don't know anyone who has their music library in AAc format....and everybody uses MP3......

So it's easier to stick with the flashcart, than to convert everything you want to listen..

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Toni Plutonij said:
Raiyu245 said:
but AAC music > MP3 music. Knowing Nintendo, they will release some software that will help convert your music to .ACC format.
It's not about what is better, but what is more spread, and used.......I don't know anyone who has their music library in AAc format....and everybody uses MP3......

So it's easier to stick with the flashcart, than to convert everything you want to listen..
But listening to music on the DS/DSLite is crappy anyway.

Also can't someone just develop an MP3 program for it anyway? If the DSi has better sound capabilities this would make it a plus for those who can't play music on anything else.

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hadrian said:
Toni Plutonij said:
Raiyu245 said:

Also can't someone just develop an MP3 program for it anyway? If the DSi has better sound capabilities this would make it a plus for those who can't play music on anything else.
Thats true. Plus Nintendo probably wouldn't even bother implementing a music player if the sound was just crappy.

ndpndnt16

Trophies
XP
Country
another question

if the new Animal crossing have a video chat function so does it allow to chat using DSi too?

haha so many ????? on my head

Toni Plutonij

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Hadrian said:

I agree it isn't the best solution one can get, but it's good enough if you don't have any other options......I never actually used NDS for music (just for showoff), but I find myself watching movies very often......

I don't know why Nintendo didn't make it MP3 compatible..

And I really hope that they'll use camera for some games.....Is it only me, or those two cameras are crappy?! I mean 0.3 MP
wtf.gif

L

LeoDJO

hey, and what about games like Guitar Hero, Arkanoid and that new Tony Hawk game with a new accessory? how will they be playable without slot-2?

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So...

Camera: Its cheap, not very good, you could get a cheap one that is better if you need to take pictures.
Sound: AAC only but that can be changed but you can get a cheap MP3 player anyway (the Mrs has a 4gb one that has good sound quality cost her like £20)
Screens: Bigger but worst resolution?
Battery: 5 hours less.

So far the only reason to replace your own DS would be either that DS is kinda screwy or you really want the DSiWare stuff which could probably be hacked to play on old DS.

Still this would undoubtedly sell really well and would increase sales in games & hardware, this is why Nintendo has done this.

EDIT: Oh and the Internet Browser, that is if its not as bad as the one the DS already has.

spyke

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
the front page says 2 cameras, one 3MP the other 0.3MP.
I have only heard that its 0.3MP. wheres the source for this 3MP claim?

Wabsta

you fight like a dairy farmer
Trophies
Website
www.wabsta.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
I think I will be buying this at the european launch (however, it's probably going to be cheaper in US, so maybe I'll buy it from the US:P).
But I'll also stick with my Phat, for GH... Because, Guitar Hero: Decades(?) is still on the planning, isn't it?

Oh, and maybe there will be something like a virtual console, but now for GB/GBC/GBA games? And maybe (S)NES games too...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: Hey boi, keep your nuts out of chat. Unless you want them to get roasted. :ninja: