Hacking New drive chip! (not the cut legs chip)

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's in English to me.

It says under the pic:

The guys over at Xavbox have been discussing their latest find - a new drive controller IC in their PAL based Nintendo Wii systems. This new drivechip, once like the dreaded D2B is incompatible with the current modchips on the market.

---------------------

beauchampy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It's in English to me.

It says under the pic:

The guys over at Xavbox have been discussing their latest find - a new drive controller IC in their PAL based Nintendo Wii systems. This new drivechip, once like the dreaded D2B is incompatible with the current modchips on the market.

---------------------

Click on the 'Xavbox' link.

Pikachu025

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
They are discussing that the Topic Starter got a new Wii which has a D2C chip and that his Wiifree modchip doesn't work on it.

lafleche

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
It seems that WII's bought in France from the 29 Mai (and I presume all over Europe at this moment) do have a new controller chip inside labeled 'D2C'

This controller chip still has all the legs but WIIKey doesn't seem to work anymore.

So it's not the 'non' hackable D2B with legs cut but a next generation one.

Nintendo IS fighting back..... I seems that the D2B with legs cut was a temp solution (which will work with current modchips but you need to drill a hole in the chip) and that the D2C will be a final solution? ..... until something new is found.

aardvarks

Trophies
XP
Country
ive bin lucky then or they arnt in the uk yet. i had two wii's from game an three from woolies ova the weekend an all working fine
smile.gif

kristijan08

Trophies
XP
Country
what nintendo SHOULD have really done is left the name as D2B but changed the chip! at least that would have had the hacking community WTF'in for a good half hour!

silentwol

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This sounds like rubbish to me.

Someone posted an image of a D2C chip about 4 days ago and no one has found another wii with one in. Seems to me like someone wants some attention...

Tomobobo

Champion.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They wouldn't hold back an update for the currently installed chips because of the D2C issue. How would you update your chip to run on your D2C Wii if you can't run the update disk in the first place? If they do make D2C compatible WiiKeys, it'll be at the manufacturing plant.

rrburkha

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that is true, but they wont be working on any updates for the current version wiikeys either until the d2c thing is figured out

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: they literally just dip them in flavoring