ambitous21

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
a break from pokemon,
http://www.jeux-france.com/news20010_drago...les-images.html

look at the screens.. apparently its back to turn-based classic RPG now!
for some people they might not like it.. but for me,
who loves turn based RPG's, woooooohooooooooooooo

damn right i will be here for the countdown again
laugh.gif

ambitous21

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
more info:

the battle system resembles that of DQVIII, with enemies lined up in front of you as you select commands. Camerawork comes into play once you've input the commands, as the game uses dramatic angles for all the attacks.

There's still a big difference from past DQ games, though. Prior to battle, you can see enemies roaming about in the fields as you explore. Touch an enemy, and you enter into the battle mode. Previously DQ games have used a random battle system, where enemies aren't visible ahead of time.

The command-based system is used even during the game's four-player network mode. When engaging in combat alongside real life allies, each player sees the same view of the battle scene on the top screen of their DS system. Players select their commands individually on the bottom screen. You're free to discuss moves with fellow players, or you can make decisions on your own. The game informs you of your fellow players' choices regarding target and type of move.

One new bit we've learned is that the game will feature highly customizable characters. You can create your own character, selecting gender, height, weight, hair style, skin color, and choosing from a variety of face types. As you adventure, you can modify your character's appearance with new costume items, including swords and armor. Series character designer Akira Toriyama is lending his talents to the design of the costumes.

Square Enix is expected to show the latest video footage of Dragon Quest IX at the Square Enix Party, set to open its doors in Japan on May 12th. Check back for more details then!

kreatosoupa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
This is gonna be awesome. I've played so many hors of DQVIII, it's not even funny. I haven't really played any of the DS RPGs in-depth until now, so it looks like this will be the one...
bow.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Gt2ToRSjQA