Hacking New CycloDS Evo user. The updater has been at 50% for 4 hours

arkitech

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got my CycloDS Evolution in the mail and I tried to run the 1.53 update and it's been stuck at about 50% for the past 4 hours. I don't know what the heck is going on but I have'nt even gotten a chance to run my first game with it yet, this sucks. I tried to sign up for the forum over at the CycloDS website and the admin has disabled the registration. I paid 50 bucks for this card and it's already junk, I should have just went with the AceKart2. I thought the CycloDS team were people who stood behind their product, but I can't even get into their friggin forum to ask for support. I'm so pissed right now.

Anyone else had this problem? Any suggestions on what I should do to try and save the card (or am I just out of 50 bucks)?

tinymonkeyt

GBAtemp brat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
^yeah there have been reports of like instability with the new 1.53
the GBAtemp downloads section should have the old 1.51

arkitech

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Eon-Rider said:
Try using the 1.51 firmware. It seems the 1.53 one is buggy for some people.

Thanks man, I tried the 1.51 firmware and I was able to get the update installed. Unfortunately I'm still having issues, I can't get any games to run so far. I initially formatted the microsd card under windows and the CycloDS would just either say loading without progressing or go to a whitescreen. I did a reformat using the Panasonic SD formatter but so far it's still doing the same thing. Not sure really what's going on at this point, I'm going to pick up a new microsd card today (probably a Kingston) and see if that makes a difference.

Edit: I'm using the card that came with the CycloDS from realhotstuff, it's an OEM card so I'm not really sure who the maker is.

http://www.realhotstuff.com/cyclods-evolut...ndle-p-213.html

arkitech

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kuraudo39 said:
Dude the admin of the forum closed registration because of spam*mmm* don't try the email either that doesn't work too

thanks your sarcasm has been really helpful, how the hell am I supposed to know why registration is closed? In the meantime I'll send them an email if a new microsd card does'nt resolve my problems

unz

Chaotic Neutral
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
arkitech, I realise you're probably quite frustrated at the moment, but Kuraudo39 wasn't being sarcastic at all. New registrations at the CycloDS forums are closed because they were having a chronic spammer problem there.

The guy was just trying to help out by making sure you didn't waste time trying to register so you could get tech support there is all.
mellow.gif

arkitech

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update: I guess it was all in the card, I bought a Transcend today and so far I've had no issues. I've been able to load and play about 5 or 6 games.

Thanks for the help guys, sorry if I came across a little hostile.

GreatInca

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had no problems going to 1.53 with mine. I am using a A-Data 8GB Class 6 MicroSD formatted FAT32 with 16KB cluster size (default cluster size for FAT/FAT32 can be overridden with a custom size in the CLI version of format). I got the MicroSD from MeritLine.com (http://www.meritline.com/8gb-microsdhc-card.html ). On sale for $17 until 1/13/2009. Regular price is $27, which is still way cheaper than buying it directly from dealwoot or from Best Buy. MeritLine.com is not selling the 16GB MicroSD cards yet.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, @Psionic Roshambo sorry but im not that used to listening to non game music +1