Hacking New cIOS coming from Waninkoko soon!

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
GolfDude said:
wanin already posted on his twitter that the cMIOS wont be usb/sd
doesn't come as a shock to any1 right? no1 expects a gamecube usb loader (not saying its impossible... just that people much smarter than me have said it is most likely not going to happen anytime soon)... and wouldn't that be the only purpose of a cMIOS that uses USB/SD?

TrapperKeeperX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an Idea but I don't know if would help. Everyone knows what WODE is correct? if not WODE Wii Optical Drive Emulator that can play Gamecube & Wii Games off your USB Drive or USB Stick. I had this idea tricking the cMIOS as if it were being read off WODE it sounds tricky but I know Waninkoko says it's impossible if he were to have a WODE then tricking the cMIOS to running it on a USB Drive or USB Stick but I don't know if it can happen using WODE as an advantage to trick Gamecube Games into playing on a USB drive or USB stick?! It's just an idea anything can happen!

crwys

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WODE is a modchip though, modifying the Wii through hardware to read gamecube games through USB. Big difference.

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TrapperKeeperX said:
I have an Idea but I don't know if would help. Everyone knows what WODE is correct? if not WODE Wii Optical Drive Emulator that can play Gamecube & Wii Games off your USB Drive or USB Stick. I had this idea tricking the cMIOS as if it were being read off WODE it sounds tricky but I know Waninkoko says it's impossible if he were to have a WODE then tricking the cMIOS to running it on a USB Drive or USB Stick but I don't know if it can happen using WODE as an advantage to trick Gamecube Games into playing on a USB drive or USB stick?! It's just an idea anything can happen!
You must be on something... WODE works because it's a hardware modification. It replaces the disc drive entirely.

Ultralex

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
TrapperKeeperX said:
And how do you want to do that without a connection to th pc?
I think it would only be possible if sneek could emulate the drive.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Det1re said:
Have you ever heard about cIOSCORP? It's not exactly what you are writing but it does cripple your IOS almost the same way.

Do you have any idea what cIOSCORP does vs what I was suggesting? Of course I know cIOSCORP... I was a beta tester before I decided to get a mod chip. cIOSCORP pretty much takes a cIOS and injects it into the other IOSs. I was suggesting that the game IOSs get replaced entirely with a completely new cIOS that does nothing other that call IOS249. This would be very small and open up more space on your nand, while any IOS reloading magic Ninty tries using won't bother us at all because no matter what, it would end up using 249.

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's no reason to replace your IOS's with something that does that, as there's already a Preloader hack that makes the disc channel load everything from IOS249.

hatredg0d

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FenrirWolf said:
TrapperKeeperX said:
You must be on something... WODE works because it's a hardware modification. It replaces the disc drive entirely.
it doesnt replace it, it emulates one. disk loading is still possible with wode installed. now a homebrew app that emulates a Wii DVD drive would have some promise. but it would probally be easy to make a Cmios with usb support =P

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hatredg0d said:
FenrirWolf said:
TrapperKeeperX said:
it doesnt replace it, it emulates one. disk loading is still possible with wode installed. now a homebrew app that emulates a Wii DVD drive would have some promise. but it would probally be easy to make a Cmios with usb support =P
And how is the emulation made possible? By adding on additional hardware. Good freaking luck emulating a separate disc drive entirely in the existing Wii software and software setup.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FenrirWolf said:
There's no reason to replace your IOS's with something that does that, as there's already a Preloader hack that makes the disc channel load everything from IOS249.
I new that but don't some games get around that hack by periodically reloading IOS during the game? I was under the impression that the preloader hack forced IOS249 on load, but didn't have any control over reloads. My suggestion would negate the need for any hacks or disc/ISO patching altogether.

But if I'm wrong about the hack and IOS reloading, then I guess developing such an IOS would be too much trouble to bother.

computerboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
waninkoko said:
WTF?! You're too fast lol

I'm magic
tongue.gif

But yeah, is there any changelog?

EDIT: W00T! 800th post

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lmao now I can live the life of Juan...