Hacking New cIOS coming from Waninkoko soon!

xaxa

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
tylerzentz said:
so two questions:
1. could the coding for every IOS be combined into one massive cIOS for superfunctionality?
2. is it possible to stack IOSs onto an IOS slot using dop-ios, or will they just overwrite each other?

I'm going to answer as best as I can, but I am by no means an expert. If someone who knows what they're talking about could back me up or correct me, I'd gladly appreciate it.

1. IOSs are like mini operating systems that are used for specific purposes, so merging every single IOS together could cause some functionality problems. Some IOSs can be merged for nothing more than redundancy (see Hermes cIOS). So to answer your question, no.

edit: Although now that I think about it, it might be possible if the sources for these IOSs were openly available to the public (which they obviously aren't), but this begs the question as to whether or not cioses can replace legitimate IOSs. CIOS Corp already makes use of modified system IOSs successfully, so maybe an omnicompatible IOS could be made if enough work is put into it. Who knows.

2. The newest installation of an IOS will overwrite the old one.

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
for the 1st question, there is an answer, its called cIOSCORP. its custom ios's for almost every ios. not very safe to install/remove and not stable with everything. although its pretty good.

I hope something crazy comes out, i just got really disappointed with 360 hacking, im actually returning my system tomorrow. I can do hard mods, just not that good with soldering. I do on the other hand love soft mods to death.

I need a revolution for the wii, I'm getting bored. a thousand games isn't enough. i need real gamecube support not just partial.

blitzer320

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cioscorp has been pretty stable for me its not noob friendly especially if you don't know what an ios's purpose is

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
tylerzentz said:
this is just a hypothetical question:
would it be possible to integrate all the IOSs into a single God-like cIOS so that the cIOS would be able to perform all the functions dedicated to the individual IOSs? Like combine the IOSs necessary for guitar hero and rock band insturment recognization and wiispeak functionality for burnt games that currently dont recorgnize those peripherals? just curious.... I got this idea last night when i was checking out dop-ios mod. apparently with the mod version of dop-ios you can choose to install any IOS to any other IOS slot, and then I thought, "hm, what if these IOSs are stackable such that I could download every IOS to IOS249 and create a God-cIOS.

so two questions:
1. could the coding for every IOS be combined into one massive cIOS for superfunctionality?
2. is it possible to stack IOSs onto an IOS slot using dop-ios, or will they just overwrite each other?

hopefully this makes sense to someone. im totally tripping on valium right now. it took me like 2 hours to type this post lol
as vash said, the closest thing we'll ever get to this is cioscorp... there's no point to stacking cios' on top of one another like that even if it were possible.

Certain games make calls to certain IOS slots, so (hypothetically speaking) if u have cios249 set up with info from all the other IOSs... it wouldn't mean shit if the game made a call to say IOS55... IOS55 would then need to be properly patched... and this leads me to cioscorp

I'm not an expert on HOW he does it... but from what I gather, da_letter_a builds cioscorp based on one of wanin's cIOSs (usually the most recent stable release). So basically if some kind of super cIOS were to be created somehow, we would still need some1 like da_letter_a to insert that cIOSs DIP Module (i think) into all the other useful IOSs to overcome the IOS reloading issue.

on a side note, there is still improvements that could be make to wanin's cios, but its still awesome, and so is he
biggrin.gif

IcyVeins

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Even if it would be possible to solve the IOS-reload problem...Some of the IOSs are necessary due to backwards-compatibility.

Old games, for example Red Steel, could use functions that have changed in newer IOSs. It could be possible that it is the same function, but let us say, there was a bug in the IOS that came with one generation of games and they thought the return-value of the function would be correct. The old games would expect this "buggy" value, whereas newer games expect the "right" value, since their IOS should have a fixed version of this function.

BUT I do not know if this problem IS even realistic... Maybe they have not needed to patch a function.

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
My guess is that the "important Updates" are the FAT/NTFS-Support. He'll probably try to update his cIOS to Hermes one, so that they're at the same level, or that his is better. Maybe he also adds SNEEK-Compatibilty, but somehow, I doubt that (he has his own NAND-Emu, so why make it work for others?).

I learned one thing from previous cIOS-Updates....don't get your hopes up. Last time I did that, I only got disappointed. Lets wait and see how this rev will be, and not hype it to death...patience is the key.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Blue-K said:
I learned one thing from previous cIOS-Updates....don't get your hopes up. Last time I did that, I only got disappointed. Lets wait and see how this rev will be, and not hype it to death...patience is the key.
+1
Also, as a community we have to be thankful for the release even if it's less than perfect. I don't wanna scare wanin off the scene again because of ungrateful picky ppl! As long as ppl recognize the difference between constructive criticism and being an asshole, we shouldn't have any more problems
biggrin.gif

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No kidding. Remember how retarded everyone was when rev15 came out? They love him now since 17 is rather stable, but some will revert back to that if the slightest thing goes wrong.

Skater4599

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is great news! Rev 17 i have had no problems with, but new features/fixes are always welcomed no matter how small/big! I have one thing to say though

I've been in the wii scene since there were only modchips and thats it, and people use to freak at anyone who said "i wanna play burnt games with no modchip" saying ITS IMPOSSIBLE IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN, but who made it happen? who made the first/only(?) wad installer to install vc/wiiware? who released the first cIOS/mIOS/USB/SD Loader for games? etc. answer is waninkoko! without his skills/source code as a base i cant imagine how the scene would be right now, if you ask me.. if he never adds rockband peripheral support etc. in his cIOS thats just fine because we already have a working solution for it, with any current loader it is not hard to change the ios to load through 222 instead. People should show respect where respect is due
smile.gif

Waninkoko if you read this... THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR HARD WORK

mousex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xflak40 said:
Certain games make calls to certain IOS slots, so (hypothetically speaking) if u have cios249 set up with info from all the other IOSs... it wouldn't mean shit if the game made a call to say IOS55... IOS55 would then need to be properly patched... and this leads me to cioscorp
Most games don't call different IOSes, they specify which IOS they need and this will be loaded for them, then they just call this one IOS, not different ones, this would need IOS reloads and your USB drive would restart everytime this happens
tongue.gif

QUOTE(Skater4599 @ Feb 2 2010, 08:29 PM) who made the first/only(?) wad installer to install vc/wiiware?
marcan. What do you think how HBC gets onto your wii?
tongue.gif
There is also a post on hackmii.com where he states that he found (and documented) the needed ES functions for installing VC/Wiiware, and some days after this wanin released his installer.

Skater4599

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Skater4599 said:
who made the first/only(?) wad installer to install vc/wiiware?
marcan. What do you think how HBC gets onto your wii?
tongue.gif
There is also a post on hackmii.com where he states that he found (and documented) the needed ES functions for installing VC/Wiiware, and some days after this wanin released his installer.

I did not say he was the only one who figured out how/whats needed to hack the wii, but he is the only one who released the code to actually install the wads where marcan sure wouldnt as we all know.

TrapperKeeperX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wish List:
More support for NAND Emulator (Fast Speed & More Applications to Work)
Metroid Prime 1,Metroid Prime 2 Dark Echoes & Metroid Prime Trilogy works without cIOSCORP & Works without Alt. DOL on USB/SD Loaders

Please
smile.gif

nagnose

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
are ios forwarders possible? ...just asking

eg. when a game calls on a certain ios it forward the games call function to a different one

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Well there is a chance that IOS57 will take a important role in Waninkokos newest cIOS

IOS57 (wiibrew): Contains some new modules

* OHCI0 - usb 1.1 driver
* USB - probably usb core driver
* USB_HID - Human Interface Device
* USB_HUB - HUB ??what it says on the tin??
* USB_MSC - MSC often means Mass Storage Device ??!!??
* USB_VEN
* ETH - ETHernet ???

Thanks Waninkoko for your great work, your tha best
smile.gif

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the ETH and OH0/OH1 parts have been around for a couple years and are in pretty much every IOS. the HUB and VEN and such i saw the other day in IOS58 as well. i still don't know exactly what those things do. but they cant be bad.

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
The new cIOS will definitly support FAT and is based probably on IOS57.
But dont forget the new cMIOS. I think Wanin is gonna release that soon.

bow.gif
@waninkoko

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up