bimbobo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,
first post here..
I bought a new Black Wii with a serial number starting with LEH51XXXXXXXX
Googling and reading I found out that the only way to play "backed up or downloaded" games
is to use a WiiKey Fusion device... which I already bought.

The Wii is a Christmas present to my son.. so it's still boxed. (i just opened the box to see the serial number
glare.gif

How "future safe is the WiiKey Fusion..?" I do not wish to softmod the Console unless it's strictly necessary.

No problems for me if he has to play non original dvd games from SD Card..
So, except the softmodding, which is pretty triggy, nerdy and "confusing for me".. is the Wikkey Fusion a good solution?

SORRY, I found out there is a "Hacking" Forum here, please MOD can you move it , if necessary? Thanks
Regards

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Well, first of all, nobody knows what the future/Ninty will bring, so I kinda hate these questions, because you just can't be shure. Also, like Matthew said, you can only load the games from the SD, black Wiis can't read DVDs. And if you do some kind of modifications to your Wii, you always have to check what a new Update does, or you could be screwed. That's the risk you take, suck it up and live with it.

That being said, ModChips are probably the safest way to play Backups. It's nearly impossible for Nintendo to disable them with an Update, so they tried to attack them straight from the game, for example with NSMBW (the WiiKey-Team fixed this later with an Update). Though the WiiKey Fusion claims that it also supports other yet unused protections, I should mention that updates for ModChips are rather slow (sometimes the creators just drop support), so you'll probably have to wait some time until you can play a game with a new/old protection (if there will be more). For example, it seems that they just hardcoded the BCA-Code for NSMBW, instead of adding the option to load an external BCA-File, which means they have to push an update.

Oh, and the WiiKey didn't recieve that good reviews, because of it's design and the way to load games from SD. I would suggest to take a look at WODE (which is more expensive, but imo, worth the price, since it has better support (faster updates, more options), and you can use a HD for the games, which means more space, a HD comes also cheaper than 4x 8GB SDHC Card).

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Blue-K said:
I would suggest to take a look at WODE (which is more expensive, but imo, worth the price).
Yes, that's better than booting games with a wiikey fusion and sd card. A WODE is better when you don't want to softmod your wii and you can play the games from usb.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Yea is pretty good