Hacking New batch AK2i problems, 1 SOLUTION

vass151

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently recieved a new batch AK2i (in the white box). At first it did not show up in the dsi interface screen to load at all. Well, I started messing with it and noticed that if I lightly push it in, very lightly, it shows up. But then when I release the card it disappears. Well, I simply took a very small piece of paper square and slid it in between the case of the card and the cicuit board with the contacts, pushing the contacts out ever so slightly. Works perfect now evey time.

This may be the source of some reports of certain games bricking the ak2i, it may have just worked its way so the contacts are not touching properly. Just try this and see if it works, worked for me.

Laters

computerboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
I have the same problem but I'm not sure if it's a new batch. I got it 2 weeks ago and the problem happens on my DSi and DS Lite

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
Trophies
XP
Country
Aw crap. I just ordered an Acekard 2i from DealExtreme. I hope it's not one of these faulty ones.

lucifon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Had myn since early last week and havn't had this yet...hoping I dont. Taken it in and out many many times when plonking new stuff onto the memory card and so far its been okay

commdante

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hmm, I've put in my uSD card several times, but since those "click"-slots are rather easy to break, I've always put it in very slowly and carefully. I've never had a problem with it (OK, once..when I put it in another cardreader/adapter
tongue.gif
). Some people have had connection-problems with it though, some piece(s) of sticky-band (not quite duck-tape, but similar), kinda like you said, would fix that.

Anyways, it seems a lot of people are scared out of their pants because 3 ( :? ) A2i cards didn't work after a while ...

commdante

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
lucifon said:
I too always try put the mini-sd card in slowly into the AceKard just to be safe.

O.O How do you get a mini--SD in you acekart? Mine only accepts Micro-SD
tongue.gif

Ontopic: Imo those "forbidden games" crap are just a lot of hot air.

klopfdreh

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
There are a lot of homebrews and games are working not very well. For example with DSOrganize I got a lot of fat errors on my micro sd, because it is not running well @ Akaio 1.4.1 Propper with the newest loader (I think its a problem of DSOrganize). In the past there were a lot of games that corrupted the micro sd, so it is better to pay attention to those who got problems, especially those who tested it with a series of flash cards. Another topic is scumm 0.11.0 - it is not running on acekard2i - you have to update to 0.13.1 beta2 to get it working for you. Thats all I found out when I changed my system from R4DS to Acekard2i for now.

So to be carefull is better then to get your card corrupted.

@TE Thanks for that tip with the paper between the teeth and the case, it may helps a lot of people out of there problems

WioWao

Trophies
XP
Country
The new "batch" of acekards with the cardboard packaging.(wich i got) does it not have a bump under the sticker? Because mine doesnt but i received it in a cardboard package saying "Acekard2" but it contained an Acekard 2i wich i ordered.
biggrin.gif

commdante

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
dsOrganize has fat troubles on almost every card. 3.1129 (1 before last release/3,2) seems to be quite stable though. Tried almost everything (except homebrew launching and homebrew browser/dl-er) and no corruption yet. Be sure to do a "chkdsk /f X:" when on windows ones in a while when trying DSO out.

saulopp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
i experienced the same issue. ak2i wasnt recognized by the dsi after < 3 weeks of usage. i figured out the paper trick as well when i noticed it was a contact problem, but this workaround was only temporary an worked a few days and now the card doesnt show up at all any more....

anyone did further fixes on this issue?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I see your mop and raise you George's mop lol