Hacking New Acekard 2i with AKAIO 1.8.1 stuck on Loading screen.

zero22x

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bought a Christmas edition AK2i from lightake for a friend, and it arrived today. I popped in my microSD from my own AK2i (which works perfectly) to test it, and it was stuck on the Loading screen. My DSi reconizes it and everything, it's just when booting into AKAIO that it's stuck on a screen with the text 'Loading'.

I then tried 2 (yes, two) other, freshly formatted (with the official SD card formatter) microSD cards with a fresh download of AKAIO 1.8.1, and the same thing comes up.

I've tried blowing on all the contacts and slots. It seems to be a problem with the microSD slot's contacts. How can I verify/fix this?

D

Deleted User

Make sure your TF Card is firmly in and a question for you, you never mentioned the size of the TF card?

zero22x

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Make sure your TF Card is firmly in and a question for you, you never mentioned the size of the TF card?
The first one tested (from my own working AK2i) is an 8GB Transcend from Taiwan - bought recently just to play Golden Sun.

Second is a 4GB Sandisk from Taiwan - which was my old AK2i card, also worked fine. Third is an 8GB Sandisk from China, taken from my phone just to test on this.

Also, I've owned my AK2i for over a year now, so I'm familiar with how to manage and upkeep it, and I've read the setup guide posted here numerous times.

Edit:
QUOTE1.8.1 froze for me too.

went to 1.8.0 and it works fine.

no need to upgrade for me
Interesting - I'll give that a try.

Edit 2:
Same error on 1.8.0

Edit 3:
Just took it apart, and it looks to be authentic. Perhaps it's defective?

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
ak2i's have 3 major problems:

1) pcb contact issues
2) msd slot contact issues
3) clones developed from the actel design sold by acekard and used to create the r4i gold, r4i ultra, r4i gold v2, etc.

you probably have msd slot contact issues, which happens less often than pcb contact issues. try reseating your msd card a few times. make sure the spring is engaging the card.

when you boot the nds, touch the acekard. put a tiny but of pressure on it or tap it a few times. does it disappear from the nds firmware or not load? if it does you might have pcb contact issues. with this problem you could be loading the card fine but after it loads it is losing contact. i have an ak2i that does this.

-another world

zero22x

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Inserted/poked around with the mSD and AK2i multiple times. The AK is definitely keeping contact. Doesn't seem like the mSD is, however, no matter how much I insert/prod with it.

D

Deleted User

Try for a replacement or try cleaning the contacts and see if that works.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Hawaii played it smart and said we're too hot for this land