Hardware New 3DS XL suddenly flickering upper screen !!?

KashiToxicBlood

how2hakpls
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
liquid...??? i used lcd cleaner spray on the screen like 3 times.. that affects the screen too !??!? i never dropped it, but clapped the screen abit hard after finishing playing, happened accidentally, but liquid can affect the screen too??

he means if you get liquid inside the 3ds like in a hole or a drop on the motherboard, you clapping the screen is most likely the problem

Reactions: leonmagnus99

leonmagnus99

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
he means if you get liquid inside the 3ds like in a hole or a drop on the motherboard, you clapping the screen is most likely the problem

i have to be more careful when cleaning my screen then :l , didnt know it was THIS much sensitive =_=''

and yeah mate, it was only once though... only once i clapped it hard accidentally :l

Ghassen-ga

Trophies
XP
Country
uhhh this just started happening to me after using Decrypt9 (N3dsXL), the upper screen started flickering really fast but it's quite noticeable , it's annoying , i'm going to take the battery out for a few hours and see how it turns out :c

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If anyone wants to take a big risk, the config dev app can adjust flicker settings (voltage applied to screen) similar to turning the screw on a DS.

coinblock

Trophies
XP
Country
Yikes! I suddenly had this start happening to my N3DS XL out of the blue last night. Taking out the battery and leaving it overnight seems to have fixed the problem... for now.

Last edited by coinblock,
Reactions: Ghassen-ga

Ghassen-ga

Trophies
XP
Country
Yikes! I suddenly had this start happening to my N3DS XL out of the blue last night. Taking out the battery and leaving it overnight seems to have fixed the problem... for now.

Same solution did it for, but i only left it out for like 30 mins , here's hoping that issue never comes back.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
idk if this is the cause but i had this happen once after leaving the console on charge with a spare charger someone had given me, screen started flickering not like strobe light affect, but enough for it to be annoying to look at, i took the battery out and it worked fine, then i happened to leave it plugged into that charger again a few weeks later and it started again,

i can only assume it wasn't running at the correct specs for the 3DS and causing some issue, it looked like a official 3DS power supply but i could have been a knockoff version (or possibly just developed a fault) but i noticed that when i plugged that charger in the top screen backlight would go a little bit brighter but with my normal charger it would stay the same (well aside from normal lil brightness shift when its plugged in), so im guessing it was probably just a bit higher voltage than a standard 3DS charger and was causing the top LCD to go a bit crazy

Last edited by gamesquest1,

Stjinchan

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
3ds.stjinchan.host
XP
Country
Netherlands
Ayy, I just rebooted my n3dsxl (both IPS screens) (rebooted, not turned it on after a time-out) and my bottom screen started flashing like hell on the edges.

It's really freaking me out since it's less then 3 days old, I let it flicker for a few minutes and it's less flickering now. I will remove the battery for a few hours and see if that solves it.

(Plsnohardwareproblem,plsnohardwareproblem,plsnohardwareproblem)

#prayformy3ds

Last edited by Stjinchan,

PP_theSLAYER

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
It is a thing that does happen.

Allowing the battery to drain in sleep, turning it on and off, taking out the battery for 15 mins then putting it back in,
these things fix the problem (I've experienced it on N3DSLL and 2DS before).

As long as the flickering isn't with lose of visibility to screen (like everything is displayed, just with obvious flicker), then it's likely a power related problem on the hardware itself,
hence why combination of the above troubleshooting will resolve the problem.

Stjinchan

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
3ds.stjinchan.host
XP
Country
Netherlands
Any pictures? I would like to see what it looks like.
I tried to record it but it seems like both of my camera's weren't able to see it. Maybe the freq?

Anyways, still not having problems with the screen anymore.

Let's hope it won't happen again

It is a thing that does happen.

Allowing the battery to drain in sleep, turning it on and off, taking out the battery for 15 mins then putting it back in,
these things fix the problem (I've experienced it on N3DSLL and 2DS before).

As long as the flickering isn't with lose of visibility to screen (like everything is displayed, just with obvious flicker), then it's likely a power related problem on the hardware itself,
hence why combination of the above troubleshooting will resolve the problem.

Lets hope its just a one-time power bug then, I don't want to replace my system since it came with 9.9, is hacked and has 2 IPS screens.

Still weird it happened by just rebooting my console.

Reactions: PP_theSLAYER

taylan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
eyy i fixed my new 3ds xl's upper screen without taking out the battery.
i hope it will work for yours too. here is the my solution: i turned off auto-brightness and power-saving mode together.
if you don't turn off the power-saving mode flickering starts again.

Nonkilura

Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Top screen of my N3ds xl is starting to flicker it looks weird etc.. happened only recently :(

i am a gw user .. and have emunand etc. installed.

why is this happening !?
I had that problem too so I tried to fix it by unscrew the back of the n3dsxl and then open my 3ds while its still on then I took the battery out that made the 3ds shut down then insert the battery back and TADA! The problem solved.

Mekaiah

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
liquid...??? i used lcd cleaner spray on the screen like 3 times.. that affects the screen too !??!? i never dropped it, but clapped the screen abit hard after finishing playing, happened accidentally, but liquid can affect the screen too??
it should not unless it comes in contact with the internal electronics.
Post automatically merged:

it should not unless it touches the electronics inside the device

David1998

Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
you need delete games or change SD card to 4gb
Post automatically merged:

you need delete games or change SD card to 4gb

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat