Hacking New 3DS XL Hard Brick Error Please Help Fix!

Virdoo

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Just stop fooling that guy, we all made mistakes more than once.

Anyway since you don't have backup, there is NO way to restore it. Unless you download some tool and search for deleted nand backup (if I got you right that you accidentally deleted it.). Other way to fix your is to buy broken N3DS which has working motherboard or just used motherboard from sites like ebay. Few months ago, I ordered replacement motherboard for my 3DS from aliexpress. It was around $50 and replaced it, not really hard job.

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wish there was some sort of disclaimer on these guides that said not to update a N3DS on 2.1; oh wait........

I'm sorry but it's not just a simple mistake. When you go to hack, you either know the risks or you just don't care to know. If it's the latter, like the OP he doesn't deserve sympathy. The directions are right there in black and white with it written very very clearly the risks of being on 2.1, especially on a N3DS. A mistake would be something like forgetting the arm9loaderhax.bin and thinking you bricked (even that I can't forgive because it tells you to).

Sorry this guy is getting some burnt for it but I think a lot of people are over seeing someone start a new thread because they bricked by not following directions. IMHO they deserve it. If you're going to hack a $200 console knowing there is a chance to brick, wouldn't you do whatever you could to avoid it? Especially if it's as simple as reading directions and warnings. If they don't they obviously don't care too much.

Last edited by Majickhat55,

Glitchmaster123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just stop fooling that guy, we all made mistakes more than once.

Anyway since you don't have backup, there is NO way to restore it. Unless you download some tool and search for deleted nand backup (if I got you right that you accidentally deleted it.). Other way to fix your is to buy broken N3DS which has working motherboard or just used motherboard from sites like ebay. Few months ago, I ordered replacement motherboard for my 3DS from aliexpress. It was around $50 and replaced it, not really hard job.
Yes I Did Accidentally Delete It And Are You Sure It's Not Hard? I Don't Want To Break It Accidentally Like I Did When I Updated The O3DS 2.1.0-4E Firmware At Least Someone Understands This

Alex658

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
To OP, you know what would help you GREATLY next time you try to hack something? Ask for opinions BEFORE doing anything. People are kind here and will guide you through if you find 3ds.guide a little too complex (even though is made step by step, hand holding you every single second)

For backups, make them online. On file sharing sites like mega or whatever. Keep your backup safe and you wouldn't have to get a new motherboard.

Glitchmaster123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
To OP, you know what would help you GREATLY next time you try to hack something? Ask for opinions BEFORE doing anything. People are kind here and will guide you through if you find 3ds.guide a little too complex (even though is made step by step, hand holding you every single second)

For backups, make them online. On file sharing sites like mega or whatever. Keep your backup safe and you wouldn't have to get a new motherboard.
I Will Try And Do That Next Time

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, lesson learned.. the hard way sadly.
As people stated many times:
  • Dont Update when you are on 2.1 using a n3ds.
  • Dont close the LID on the N3DS on 2.1
  • Dont ever delete your nand backups "By Accident"
  • Plug the AC adapter while doing any NAND write.
  • Follow Directions correctly.
  • Ask questions before trying anything or when in doubt before taking actions.
  • Dont follow Youtube Guides.
And yes sadly, your N3DS its a brick now. no way to recover, not even hardmod afaik.

Glitchmaster123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
And yes sadly, your N3DS its a brick now. no way to recover, not even hardmod afaik.
Wait Don't Close The Lid? Does It Brick It Or Something?

Glitchmaster123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Plus I Guess Your A Bit Concerned To Use Youtube Guides That's Ok Everyones Concerned Of Something

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Yes, closing the lid while in 2.1 hard bricks the console.
Oh Ok I Better Not Do That Then Thanks!

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Plus I Guess Your A Bit Concerned To Use Youtube Guides That's Ok Everyones Concerned Of Something
This confused me in so many levels...
Oh Ok I Better Not Do That Then Thanks!
Screenshot_1.png

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-