Hardware New 3DS XL Dragon Ball Bundle Firmware

Citra

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey, planning to get a Dragon Ball Extreme Butoden New 3DS.
11170894-2074325170375917.jpg

Does anybody know what stock firmware it has. And weither it is Gateway-able?

Citra

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Oh, that sucks I need 9.2 right? So my only alternative is to disassemble this console and disassemble one with a 9.2 firmware. And swap the housings then.

Reactions: Deleted-236924

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, that sucks I need 9.2 right? So my only alternative is to disassemble this console and disassemble one with a 9.2 firmware. And swap the housings then.
if you're that desperate for a dragon ball housing you can buy one and get a SKY3ds+ but you won't find an exploitable N3DS ever only the N3DSXL had runs from 8.1 to 9.2.

D

Deleted-236924

You don't want to get stuck with 8.1J though :P
Theoretically you could get a N3DSXL and swap the CPU and NAND chips (I think they are) over to a small N3DS board, but definitely not easy work. It's been done before, though, back before the N3DS was made available in NA through the Animal Crossing bundle and we only had the XL, someone did that with an European or Japanese N3DS I don't remember which one.

Citra

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
NikolaMiljevic so all New 3DS have removal faceplates, even the limited editions. I thought limited editions were not removal.

P.S. Is the new Sky3DS + region free out of the box?

D

Deleted-236924

What wrong with 8.1J? Why not update it to 9.1?
8.1J units come with no browser, and there are no 9.0/9.1/9.2 update cartridges for Japan.
Only option is GW through CN or OoT, and that doesn't allow you to update sysnand to 9.2

Last edited by ,

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sumikko Gurashi: Omise Hajimerun Desu
Monster Hunter Cross
Zelda no Densetsu: Triforce 3-Juushi
Pokemon Cho Fushigi no Dungeon
Tobidasu! Nyanko Daisensou
to name a few

D

Deleted-236924

There is a way to host the files and use NTR debugger to update via hosted files.
Yes and that is a really non-user friendly way of doing it and easily prone to error.

@Xenon Hacks

Sumikko Gurashi: Omise Hajimerun Desu = 9.9
Monster Hunter Cross = 9.9
Zelda no Densetsu: Triforce 3-Juushi = 9.9
Pokemon Cho Fushigi no Dungeon = 9.9
Tobidasu! Nyanko Daisensou = 9.0, but that is an eshop game.

Last edited by ,

hundshamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes and that is a really non-user friendly way of doing it and easily prone to error.

@Xenon Hacks Must have changed and 3dsdb simply never updated for those titles. If those are really Japanese games with 9.0 update on them then that solves the problem of people being stuck on 8.1J that has has a lot of people completely stuck for a long time :P

Weird that Nintendo would actually make them have 9.0-9.2 on them rather than higher to prevent people from updating their 8.1J systems to 9.0-9.2 for cfw but I guess it is what it is.

Actually no, I just looked on 3dsdb and those games definitely don't have 9.0
It's not too hard, speaking from experience. Then again I'm a bit more adventurous as I know how to fix a brick.

On topic. I do not think the Sky3DS+ is region free out of box.

dpad_5678

Ape weak on own. Ape strong in unity.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you're that desperate for a dragon ball housing you can buy one and get a SKY3ds+ but you won't find an exploitable N3DS ever only the N3DSXL had runs from 8.1 to 9.2.
This is, like, so wrong.

Only the small N3DS's from JPN and EUR were ever exploitable, and those came with 8.1J sometimes. None of the N3DS XL ever had 8.1J.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: *yawn*